KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Tatooine Ghost

Tatooine Ghost
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Tatooine Ghost

The official site has listed a new book coming out soon.

From the summary it sounds real good.

Follow the link provided for the summary and the book cover.

Tatooine Ghost

Old Post Jun 25th, 2002 03:08 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Sounds actually a bit interesting

Old Post Jun 26th, 2002 07:11 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

But some guy at TFN yesterda pointed out some continuinity problems with it.

But the books in question are ones I haven't read, so it wouldn't mess anything up for me.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2002 05:27 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

What did the TFN people find that was wrong with it?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2002 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I'll have to go pull up the article.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2002 04:21 PM
Julie
The Student

You do that.....did they say what the book would be about...or give any kind of summary?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2002 03:21 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Here's the report from TF.N:

quote:
In response to the Tatooine Ghost news, I've (Mike) got some analysis/speculation for you fine people. First, things to consider from The Black Fleet Crisis:

1) Luke obviously doesn't know anything about Padmé, or he wouldn't be chasing after his mother here.

2) He talks to Leia about it, and she tells him she doesn't want to know anything about their parents.

Love the BFC or hate it, this stuff happened. The way I see it, the reason Luke's not at the forefront of TG is because, whatever Leia (and possibly Han I suppose) finds out, she can't tell anyone else. The only other explanation would be that she doesn't really find out all that much, and the resolution of the book is just along the lines of "gee, my father wasn't such a bad guy after all".

If she does in fact learn anything about Padmé, I think it'll play out like this: Leia, and maybe Han, finds out everything about the prequel era. This new information convinces her to have children after all, but for some reason, she doesn't tell anyone (or at least not Luke) about what she discovers. This could be related to the source of the information, or it could just be a personal decision on her part (besides, why else would this never be discussed in the next 20 years' worth of novels?). Either way, everything continues on as normal, with Leia keeping this big secret the whole time. Eventually, the BFC comes along, and Luke tells Leia "Hey, I think I've tracked down some information on our family!" Leia tells him she doesn't want to know, hoping to discourage him, since she knows it's leading him to a dead end. Maybe at the end of the NJO, she'll finally fill him in.

There's always the chance she won't find out about Padmé at all, of course. Now that we know what we know about Shmi, the discovery could just revolve around Anakin's slave life and... *achem* all that Tatooine stuff that happens in Clones. Some forumers here are even suggesting the auctioneer on Tatooine could be Watto, but I personally doubt it. The New Essential Guide to Characters says that as of AotC, Watto is "quite old for a Toydarian". It also infers that he's around 40 years old by that point, so I don't see him hanging in another 30 years. There's always Kitster, though, or Wald, or even Gardulla the Hutt...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2002 04:22 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote:
Originally posted by Julie
You do that.....did they say what the book would be about...or give any kind of summary?

If you would have read the first post I put a link for the summary.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2002 05:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You made it look like underlined words, so it's difficult to tell for some people.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2002 10:00 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Well I also said 'follow the link provided'

Old Post Jul 6th, 2002 01:42 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, then I have nothing nice to say. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 8th, 2002 04:56 AM
finti

any news on this one????????????

Old Post Feb 27th, 2003 07:46 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

comes out next month. (March, if you were wondering.)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2003 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yea...I think it comes out really really soon like this week some time....March 4th perhaps.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2003 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I know for a fact it came out today.

Cause I bought it at first sight!!!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2003 09:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Cool. Is it any good?

Also, the possibility of Gardulla being in the book is zippo because Jango Fett kills the Hutt in Bounty Hunter.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2003 10:24 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I saw multiple hardback copies of this one at the local mall. Looks interesting!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2003 01:21 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I ordered it...and it came,....but I don't think I'm going to read it for at least 2 weeks...I still have to finish TTT.....I've been on that for like 3 weeks already...and I have abusy week coming up so not oto much reading time

Old Post Mar 12th, 2003 03:48 PM
LanceWindu

I'm 3 chapters into TG.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2003 03:50 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Question

Does Luke appear in this book,or is it just Leia and Han?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2003 05:50 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote