KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 force users ( Excludes the Ancienth Sith )

Top 10 force users ( Excludes the Ancienth Sith )
Started by: Deception

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Top 10 force users ( Excludes the Ancienth Sith )

By excluding the Ancient Sith, and Freedon Nadd who are the top 10 fighters? Do not include more than one incarntion of a character

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

yoda
Mace
Sidious
Dooku
Anakin
OB1
Luke
Qui-Gon
Bane
Revan

not in that order, I just wanted to get them out.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Ancients wouldn't comprise of Kun, so replace Obi with him.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Luke Skywalker
Exar Kun
Darth Sidious
Kyp Durron
Darth Bane
Darth Traya
Revan/Yoda
Jacen Solo
Darth Tyranus

In that order IMO.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

uh...youd put dooku above mace? didnt mace beat dooku?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Uh, no. And do you people realize how many times this has been done before?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Darth Nihilus
Luke Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Exile
Marka Ragnos
Exar Kun
Revan
Yoda
Kreia
Darth Sidious

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2006 11:54 PM
Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Faunus
Uh, no. And do you people realize how many times this has been done before?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 12:39 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No, that's the answer to life.

The answer to 'how many times this has been done' is about 5 million multiplied by infinity.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 12:46 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Eleventeen?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 12:46 AM
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Darth Nihilus
Luke Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Exile
Marka Ragnos
Exar Kun
Revan
Yoda
Kreia
Darth Sidious

Notice how i say, excludes the Ancient Sith.

Anakin Skywalker - Huge potential, yet never reached it due to his mutilation at Mustafar

Exile - No canon source on his power, considered to be an average Jedi Master, a wound in the force

Marka Ragnos - The Most powerful, but this thread excludes him, and his minions, this rating begins at Kun's time to the Dark Nest Period

Revan - By no means ranked in the top 10 even if you exclude the Ancient Sith, powerful yes, but not one of the most powerful of the most powerful

Kreia - No known power about from her instakill, which originated from the Ancient Sith, logic speculation also concludes she generated the attack through the Exile

Nihilus - In terms of power, not that powerful, however due to being a fluke in the force is able to destroy an force sensitive being

Yoda - Perhaps one of the strongest Jedi during the PT era, however he is outclassed in EU terms.

Kun - Probably the strongest after DN Luke, he surpasses everyone else on your list

Luke - Excluding the Ancient Sith, and Nadd he is the strongest.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Deception a Private Message Find more posts by Deception Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm no Revan fanboy, but we can argue that Revan is indeed one of the top. Not THE most powerful, hell, maybe not even making the top 10 if my list's wrong, but he's up there.

Luke
Kun
Nihilus
Palpatine
Kreia
Yoda
Revan
Kyp
Malak
Mace perhaps.

I can't summon the abilities of other post-ROTJ characters, and I agree that since Anakin COULD have been powerful, but never made it, he can't be counted.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2006 01:18 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. DN Luke/Exar Kun
2. DN Luke/Exar Kun
3. DE Palpatine
4. Kyp Durron
5. Darth Revan
6. Darth Traya/Darth Bane
7. Darth Traya/Darth Bane
8. Master Yoda
9. Darth Malak
10. Count Dooku

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 12:47 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Agree with that, although I think Malak should be switched out for Mace Windu, who'd take either 9 or 10. I suggest you read Shatterpoint for further elaboration.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deception
Ancient Dark Lord

Agreed.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 03:04 AM
Generic Hero
KGB

I'd put Malak, Mace and Dooku on the same level..

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Just about.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 03:10 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Faunus
Agree with that, although I think Malak should be switched out for Mace Windu, who'd take either 9 or 10. I suggest you read Shatterpoint for further elaboration.

Well, there's the entire problem. I never have read Shatterpoint. Tell me, compared to Yoda, Dooku, and Sidious, where would Mace rank in terms of Force Powers?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by Escape81
Well, there's the entire problem. I never have read Shatterpoint. Tell me, compared to Yoda, Dooku, and Sidious, where would Mace rank in terms of Force Powers?

Same with me, what did he do with the force that was so impressive? Or showed enough control to be on this list?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 01:05 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Escape81

Well, his perception and grasp of the Force is amazing, as his shatterpoint technique as a youngling surpassed that of most Jedi Masters. Some examples:

- After being set up and captured, he's questioned by a man named Geptun: instantly, revealed in his mind are a dozen points on the man's body where a single blow would break him.
- A Corusca gem is described as being hard enough to withstand a full-on blow from a 5 kg hammer. Mace could shatter it with a gentle tap on its weak points, which are nigh impossible to find.
- When trying to rescue a group of children in an oven of a steamcrawler, he uses the Force to swiftly trace the network of cracks and fissures to a single weak point, and then brings an entire cliff down.
- He literally rides this like a wave, manipulating parts of its course to get to the sandcrawler.

His raw power is impressive as well:

- After he triggers a landslide, one of the kids in the vehicle shoot at him, disrupting his focus. The landslide is lost from his control, and begins to drag the steamcrawler into a volcano. On his back, Mace manages to grip and suspend - in the air - the entire landslide, which was said to consist of several hundred metric tons of rock, earth, and the ilk.
- In When They Were Brothers, he gets pissed off at Grievous, who'd just killed Adi Gallia, and slams him into the ground with a massive swoop.

And on a side note, when he was but fourteen and went to Hurikane to find the elements of his almost prophesized lightsaber, he was frightened by a band of natives, and hurled them into an abyss.

I'd have to say, however, that Mace's most impressive feats are in the ways he manipulates his physical self with the Force. There are far too many to list, but here're a couple.

- Against Kar Vastor, he launches himself with such speed and power that he and the shaman are suspended in the air for enough time to engage in a short, airborne brawl.
- In the same battle, he fires off six combination blows - two elbows, a pair of crosses, a knee to the midsection, and a palm to the face - before his enemy can blink.

If you want martial and dueling feats as well, I can provide some.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 02:34 PM