KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Black Fleet Crisis

Black Fleet Crisis
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Black Fleet Crisis

I just finished reading the first book in this trilogy and it made me mad...needless to say I didn't like it very much. Of course I'll finish the trilogy, but all the business with Luke searching for his mother among the Fallanessi....or something like that.....is absurd...

I was wondering if anyone else had read the series and what they thought about it. Another thing that bugged me was that the "voices" just didn't seem to fit the Star Wars characters....

Old Post Jul 14th, 2002 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I finally finish ended decently, but the whole story line of Luke's search for his mother was absolutely rediculous....No offense to the author or any fans of his, but this series wasn't anywhere near the top of my favorite books list

Old Post Jul 19th, 2002 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

actually I am unable to get Shield of Lies so I havent ordered it yet, they dont seem to be able to get me a copy of it so I guess it ends my EU reading. Just finished Crystal Star and boy did that one suck.
I`m gonna "strip" the second hand book store tomorrow maybe I`m lucky and find a copy there.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2002 09:26 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

you do that.....Overall I suppose the trilogy was ok, but I didn't care too much for it. There are much better Star Wars books out there

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2002 04:03 AM
finti

didnt find any of the black fleet books. sold out from publisher and not planed to be taken in again. well well guess this ends my EU crusade. Cant say I have been impressed with any of the books so far, they are simmilare and boring. They all starts off good but loose their momentum quick.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2002 06:54 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

eek! You haven't read the "right" EU books then......ummm have you read NJO????? if you don't like those...at least one of them I don't know what to tell you

Old Post Aug 1st, 2002 05:18 PM
REXXXX
Networking

How about that trilogy where some guy that says he's the emperor's son and searches for the glove of Darth Vader? That was stupid too.

I haven't read very much EU, although I do have the knowledge about them...some of them.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2002 03:53 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I'm not exactly sure what your talking about, but I know there is a children's book called the Glove of Darth Vader. I read it a long time ago.

Seriously though, read NJO. Spector of the Past was good, The New Rebellion was ok, and the Tales of the Emipre/ Bounty Hunters/ Jabba's Palace/ Mos Eisley Cantina....were all excellent. Tales from the Empire is great if you don't have a vast attention span when it comes to reading. I highly recommend you read this one.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2002 04:22 AM
finti

Cant get a hold on the books in the Black Fleet crises, which actually sucks cause autumn is coming up and that is a time to read sad

Old Post Sep 18th, 2002 09:25 AM
finti

Still no luck getting a hold of them, faens møkka bokhandlere i dette landet madmadmad

Old Post Oct 18th, 2002 08:38 AM
yerssot

well, when reading this thread... finti, you took the wrong books! Crystal Star BLEURGH! One of the worse books!

and Rex, the name you're searching is Triclops, if I'm not mistaken

Old Post Oct 18th, 2002 03:01 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I just trying to follow the timeline of the books Yers and Yes Crystal star was really bad. But then again in my opinion only the Thrawn trilogy had any potential. The rest is kind of the same song over and over agian.
Someone comes up with yet a new doomsday weapon, and Luke has feeble skill as a Jedi.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2002 06:49 AM
yerssot

well, finti, that's what you're doing wrong!
don't follow it, 'cause that way you get wrong books following eachother sad
I lost hope in SW EU, till I read Approaching Storm, which was MUCH better then the previous one, and then I started reading NJO, two books far and they're very good (after a minor details)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 10:02 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
well, finti, that's what you're doing wrong! don't follow it, 'cause that way you get wrong books following eachother
well they have been right so far.
But before I started to read the eu books Black fleet crisis was the thing I looked forward to read, that and the Thrawn trilogy.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 12:46 PM
yerssot

how many books to go now?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 03:01 PM
finti

well I read them all to the Black Fleet Crisis

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 03:39 PM
finti

This is what I read so far:

The truce at Bakura
The Courtship of Princess Leia

THRAWN TRILOGY:
-Heir to the empire
.Dark Force Rising
-The Last Command

I, Jedi

THE JEDI ACADAMY TRILOGY
-Jedi Search
-Dark Apprentice
-Champions of the force

Children of the jedi
Darksaber
Planet of Twilight

The Crystal Star

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 03:46 PM
yerssot

never read the Jedi Acadamy trilogy...

darksabrea and crystal star are two of the worse books imo

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 03:58 PM
finti

rouge planet was aweful

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 05:38 PM
yerssot

you definitly read the wrong books

Old Post Oct 20th, 2002 05:41 PM