KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Force Heretic

Force Heretic
Started by: LanceWindu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Force Heretic

Here's the new cover art for New Jedi Order: Force Heretic

(please log in to view the image)

As you can see this is either an unfinished pic or just a portion of the full cover.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 05:43 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

not very star wars-ish

is that the last book?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 05:47 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Oh hell no!

There's like 5 more.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 06:47 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

5? sick

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 06:49 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Maybe I'm wrong.

I'll need to check on it.

Maybe there's more.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 10:06 PM
yerssot

that's too much! I need to think about my money!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 10:12 PM
LanceWindu

And you have to think:

There's, I believe, 2 hardcovers that still need to come out.

Those are the ones that cost $25.00 a piece.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 10:18 PM
yerssot

it was either leave Star by Star in the US or pay for the hardcover!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2002 10:19 PM
Julie
The Student

I do hope that the picture is not the final.....and I agree that it's not very "Star Warsish" but if you think about it the covers for NJO do vary a lot.... In my opinion the covers are as follows
Vector Prime: intriguing, weird
Onslaught: boring
Ruin: Boring
Hero's Trial: just ok
Jedi Eclipse: kinda patchy looking
Balance Point: don't remember
Conquest: nice
Rebirth: what's up with luke's face?
Star by Star: creepy
Dark Journey: haunting
Rebel Dream: decent
Rebel Stand: Interesting and ok
Traitor: very DJ-ish I like it.....

I hope they stick with the nice looking covers.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2002 02:59 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

The Force Heretic series is going a book trilogy with the titles; Remenant, Refugee and Reunion. They take place after Destiny's Way and, I think, are the last of the paperbacks making way for the 5th and final book, Unifying Force.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Aug 12th, 2002 07:29 PM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

First we have Destiny's Way, then The Force Heretic series, then the fith and final HC and final book in the NJO, The Unifying Force.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2002 08:00 PM
Julie
The Student

Is there an echo in here?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2002 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Is there an echo in here?

(Sorry I had to do it.)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2002 08:20 PM
Julie
The Student

Yes there is....now that that's straightened out...we can move on with our lives and our conversations...your move wink

Old Post Aug 13th, 2002 08:35 PM
Julie
The Student

starwars.com Expanded Universe News Article

First Look: Force Heretic I: Remnant
September 11, 2002

As the bloodied and weary galaxy faces battle once more, the Jedi take on the formidable task of bringing the last of the Empire into the light...
In an attempt to contain the Yuuzhan Vong threat once and for all, Luke Skywalker, his wife Mara and Jacen Solo head off into the Unknown Regions to find the secret of Zonama Sekot, a long lost planet that may hold the key to winning the war.

Force Heretic is only the name of the trilogy.....

Old Post Sep 15th, 2002 05:21 AM
LanceWindu

And for those that don't know...[spoiler]Zenoma Sekot is the planet that is in the book Rogue Planet.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2002 11:40 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

Rogue Planet is the probably the worst SW book I have ever read, except for maybe Traitor. I was afraid after Vergere was introduced that Zenoma Sekot would become involved. Oh well, maybe Luke will learn something about Anakin now that he gets to talk to Veregere and go to the planet his dad was on as a kid.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Sep 24th, 2002 03:10 AM
Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I disagree, I think the worst ever SW book was The approaching Storm, it was just bad, the Jedi Knights Luminarri and Obi-wan got caught off guard too many times for Jedi knights, it never seemed to really get going, and if it was one of the first SW books anyone read then they would have struggled even further because of the vagueness of it in certain parts.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2002 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Well I don't know about the worst star wars book ever written...but Rogue Planet did come close as far as boring goes....Also the Black Fleet Crisis was awful...IMHO ....

Old Post Sep 25th, 2002 03:51 AM