KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Meet Mara Jade

Meet Mara Jade
Started by: GordonSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Meet Mara Jade

Mara Jade is one of the best EU characters,appearing in several of the books prior to the NJO. Her first appearances in "Heir to the Empire" and "Dark Force Rising" fully establishes her as a powerful rival to Luke Skywalker. She even makes brief cameos in the Correlian Trilogy and the Jedi Academy novels. But she and Luke finally get together by the conclusion of the Hand of Thrawn duology(Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future). In short, I like this character who makes a certain Jedi Master's life very interesting. What do YOU think?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2003 05:54 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

She is awesome.

She is powerful and slightly funny with her sarcasm.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2003 07:21 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Intelligent, funny, powerful and attractive - all of the food groups are represented, she sounds too good to be real, oh wait she's not.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2003 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

haha.....oh yes...but she is a great character....and they even have a model who portrayed her for a card

Old Post Mar 4th, 2003 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I know, and she looks good.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 03:37 AM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Yes she does.....I think she's on the cover of a star wars insider...
Do you subscribe to insider?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

No, but I have bought issues before at the local bookstore. Funnily enough, I never heard of or saw a Star Wars Insider until spring 1999 just prior to the release of The Phantom Menace.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2003 06:34 PM
Julie
The Student

I think I picked up the subscription somewhere around issue 50

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 12:32 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I believe issue 50 was when they unveiled Hayden as the new Anakin. He made the cover.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 01:42 AM
Julie
The Student

oops...a bit before that then....I believe one of the first ones I got has the naboo starfighter on the cover

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 04:42 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I think I remember that one.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 03:26 PM
Julie
The Student

It was the newsstand edition of that one ...I think my dad bought it for me...b/c he know's I'm crazy about star wars

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 04:56 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah, I have gone through a lot of Star Wars magazines since then. Right now, I only get them if the cover looks particularly interesting.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 02:32 AM
Julie
The Student

ha...don't judge a magazine by it's cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 04:17 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah, there have been some whose covers would have turned me off if I hadn't checked through them first!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 04:23 AM
Julie
The Student

definately.....some of the covers of magazines are just hideous but the contents are actually entertaining or informative

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 11:52 PM