KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Several New Dark Horse series

Several New Dark Horse series
Started by: ares834

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Several New Dark Horse series

"At the New York Comic Con Retailer’s Breakfast, courtesy of Diamond Comic Distributors, Dark Horse Comics announced a new Star Wars ongoing series, Dawn Of The Jedi, with issues 0 and 1 launching in February 2012, described as their coolest Star Wars comic ever. Written by John Ostrander, it will start at the beginning of the Star Wars timeline with the very beginning of the Jedi Knights, in a time before light sabres when they only fought with swords.

We can also look forward to a new Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic: War comic from John Jackson Miller in January, a Darth Vader [and the] Ghost Prison five issue mini-series in May 2012 by [Haden Blackman], Rick Leonardi with a deluxe hardcover to come. Star Wars: Knight Errant Series 3 and Star Wars: Blood Ties, Tom Taylor, and Chris Scalf with the headline “Boba Fett Is Dead”.

Color me interested... Dawn of the Jedi has a ton of potential, but if not done right could be very problematic. And KotOR: War will just be awesome no matter what.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2011 07:54 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Ooh, Dawn. Finally a continuing, and by good writers.

I hope one of the others is a continuing series too (maybe KOTOR War?). I'm kinda tired of the miniseries format.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2011 09:54 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I started a thread for Dawn of the jedi.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2012 10:02 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yes, a month and 8 days after Ares did.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2012 11:43 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah...... well thats obviously is when i found out about it by looking on the Dark Horse site.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 08:19 AM
Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Re: Several New Dark Horse series

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834

Color me interested... Dawn of the Jedi has a ton of potential, but if not done right could be very problematic. And KotOR: War will just be awesome no matter what. [/B]

It has a lot of potential. But I'm mostly concerned about portrayal of the technology. If they talk about interplanetary travels and at the same time live like medieval knights, then these series will fail. I think 25 000 years is too far away, but we must wait and see. Let's just hope that there will be decently populated human planets and not some kind of one village planets.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 09:25 AM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote