KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darksaber vs Children of the Jedi

Darksaber vs Children of the Jedi
Started by: GordonSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Darksaber vs Children of the Jedi

Which book do you like better: Children of the Jedi or its follow-up, Darksaber? Both are early entries in the EU canon and feature Luke Skywalker on personal quests to communicate with spirits of dead jedi in order to stop the Imperial Remnant from reclaiming a foothold in the Galaxy. This storyline also introduces a possible(but not long-lived) love interest for the Jedi Master (As this is before he and Mara Jade get together). I like Darksaber a bit more than the other title. It involves Hutts and another return visit to Tattooine. smile

Old Post Mar 29th, 2003 01:32 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Surprisingly, I have not read these yet.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Both have great ideas in them, although Darksaber was slightly better, in my opinion.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 01:45 AM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

really....I'll have to try and get that from the library this summer....when I have the time to be reading....actually I'm not supposed to be doing "nothing" right now but I couldn't stand my homework

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Well, Julie, you might be pleased to know I bought a copy of Enemy Lines II(NJO) from the trade exchange bookstore this afternoon! It was the only NJO book there that I had not read yet. I plan on starting that probably tomorrow if not later tonight.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 12:29 AM
Julie
The Student

Ohhh...Enemy Lines II....does that have Anakin on the cover?????I remeber that I liked that one...one of the better NJO books...though almost all of them are superb

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 04:47 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Do you have the hots for Anakin or something?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2003 06:40 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Whoops! I hope I did not just offend her!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 02:21 AM
Julie
The Student

nope.....not really...though the cover of EL II is nice.....actually I think that all the solo children are "nice looking".....and if I had to pick my fav character of the 3 at this moment I'd probably go with Jaina....which definately doesn't involve her looks....( though the pic was nice)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 04:21 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah. I like all the illustrations I've seen of her.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 03:40 PM
Julie
The Student

a few of the early illustrations...like on the young jedi knights series were just ok, but the newer ones are much nicer

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:22 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah, I think the newer illustrations I have seen are very flattering of her. One thing though:has anyone here noticed the illustrations of Luke Skywalker look different from each other? For example: The cover of Vector Prime makes him look even older than the later NJO books Star by Star and Rebirth?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:29 PM
Rave
Royal Hottie

I can't get into Children of the Jedi.But Darksaber is good

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Rave a Private Message Find more posts by Rave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah, the plot for The Crystal Star(the Solo children are kidnapped) is too basic and not dramatic enough.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:32 PM
Julie
The Student

well...I thought that the Crystal Star was a semi-entertaining book....not worth a second glance, but worth it enough to read the first time

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 04:31 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I like Darksaber more. It has more of a Star Wars plot: Hutts, Tattooine, and superweapons!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 03:22 PM
Julie
The Student

I think the superweapons part is where some of Darksaber's critics get most of their complaints

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 04:57 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

For being too much like the Death Star or the Suncrusher, no doubt.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 11:16 AM
Corran
Lucifer

Not a new idea, yes I can see where the criticism would have been directed.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 11:33 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

It was getting a bit old by this point in the Star Wars novels. After the two Death Stars and the aforementioned weopon in The Jedi Academy trilogy, the Darksaber was such an overused cliche.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 12:02 PM