KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Are the NJO characters strong enough to continue?

Are the NJO characters strong enough...
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes of course...expand the horizons 8 100.00%
No way....stick with the characters who were featured in the movies 0 0%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Are the NJO characters strong enough to continue?
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Are the NJO characters strong enough to continue?

Are the NJO and other EU characters strong enough in literary terms to make it on their own in yet another series...post NJO both literally and star wars chronologically?
Ie. Tenel Ka, solo kids, Ben Skywalker, and others made up in the EU....
sorry if I'm confused you big grin

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah, they could do a series on Ben Skywalker and some of those you mentioned...But I think there should be an effort to NOT have all the characters related in some way. In this respect, it should be like the movies,IMHO.You know, where not everybody answers to the name 'Solo' or 'Skywalker'.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 01:56 AM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

right....but they could continue to expand the expanded universe....like making up new characters to become friends and significant others for the current characters......[SPOILER - highlight to read]: they could start ( if NJO doesn't cover this) by explaining what became of poor Zekk.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yeah, what the heck happened to him anyway? He was in one of the NJOs I read two weeks ago.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 01:24 PM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

as far as I know...they have not addressed this uh detail of the story yet...but there are still quite a few NJO books to go

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 03:49 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

But only a few. There's still Parts 2 and 3 of Force Heretic, then one or two hardcovers after that, from what I read in Star Wars Insider.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 04:20 AM
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

i want more books about non jedi characters. Not that i dont want jedi's in the books, but i find them more interesting.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 02:07 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

To many Jedis spoil the fun, is that it? I think it's much better in any Star wars film or book if not every one of the main characters are1)Jedi and 2)related,i.e. the Skywalker/Solo families that take up a lot of the storylines.

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Apr 11th, 2003 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 06:28 PM
Julie
The Student

true....but there are lots of other books that don't feature the jedi....ie. books on Bounty hunters....un Tales from Jabba's Place, Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, etc

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 08:53 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

...Tasles of the Empire..Tales of the New Republic...I read them before, some years ago. Mostly anthologies, aren't they?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 10:09 PM
Member.

more books about the adventures of anakin and ob1.big grin

Old Post Apr 12th, 2003 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

That would seem the logical choice. After all, there are about ten years between TPM and AOTC that could and probably will take years to be told through books and stuff, long after Episode 3 has come and gone. Unless things get wrapped up on such stories by the release of the final film. Depends on Lucas I suppose.

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Apr 12th, 2003 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2003 02:48 AM
Volundro Ramm
You can't afford it......

quote:
Originally posted by GordonSkywalker
To many Jedis spoil the fun, is that it? I think it's much better in any Star wars film or book if not every one of the main characters are1)Jedi and 2)related,i.e. the Skywalker/Solo families that take up a lot of the storylines.

So, u didnt really like the original trilogy much? How many jedi's? Eeerm 3, if you count Luke. And 2 of them die(Kenobi & Yoda). I prefer the jedi become more mythical then having every main character a jedi. I know ive said it before, but bring back the bounty hunters, they had depth. What about smugglers? Imperials gone good? Rebels gone bad? There's alot of scope for new books, and not just one offs. Im talking a series. Dont get me wrong, jedi's are great and everything, but can we have a breather from levitating rocks and god knows what else? As Han said, "Theres no much for a good blaster at your side"

Old Post Apr 12th, 2003 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Volundro Ramm a Private Message Find more posts by Volundro Ramm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

*shock* there's such a thing as a rebel gone bad!....oh what is the universe coming to.....though the imperials going good...I always find those stories interesting

Old Post Apr 12th, 2003 10:22 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I never said I didn't enjoy the OT. Return of the Jedi is my all-time favorite Star Wars film. So I assume you misunderstood, Volundro Ramm. And I find the Imperials-turned-good stories somewhat predictable, Julie. Not to say they aren't enjoyable but after reading several novels, it grows a bit old after a while.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2003 12:40 AM
Julie
The Student

yes well they must write about somehting.....and the circumstances and the mental battles the characters have with themselves can be quite entertaining

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 03:50 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes, in the case of Admiral Pelleon having a change of heart in some of the later stories, that idea worked. But I wouldn't want it to become overkill.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2003 10:14 PM
Julie
The Student

true.....Admiral Pelleon is a cool sort of bad guy......he hasn't totally changed from the Empire...in fact he's still very much committed to them

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 03:12 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes I rather like him. Especially when he has to deal with other Imperial leaders like the Moffs Council.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 04:23 PM
Julie
The Student

Yes he usually keeps the pompouis ones in their place....and he's usually very civil in his dealings with anyone

Old Post Apr 15th, 2003 05:40 PM