KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Best Non Force Sensitive Pilot

The Best Non Force Sensitive Pilot
Started by: Kalen Sykes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kalen Sykes

The Best Non Force Sensitive Pilot

I hope this is in the right area. It didn't seem like a versus thread.

I'm going with Soontir Fel.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Fel is a badass, his story got lame though.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 05:37 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Well, Wedge and Han are top pilots. Tycho.

Oh yes, Rookie One from Rebel Assault!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:12 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Boba or Jango perhaps?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:13 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

I like to look at what they flew, as well. Fel used either a standard TIE Fighter or TIE Interceptor. By the ime of Endor, he had built up an illustrious career in fighters that most pilots hoped to just survive 1 year in. Tycho Celchu is good, too, but he was taught by Fel, as was Derek "Hobbie" Klivian. In fact, only Wedge was seen as Fel's rival as the greatest pilot in the galaxy, after Vader's death.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

No shields means high turnover I bet.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:45 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Who are you exactly? Not Rudy, surely?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:49 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

it's PTforthewin

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:50 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I guess I have to look that guy up. Might be after my time, or else I just don't remember him.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:51 AM
truejedi

Yep, way after my time. Makes me think of Fallout: Trolling, Trolling never changes.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:53 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptainRexfan
Damn emporer I thought we was homies u tellin all the hood rats dat I'm da one dat can't be named!

It's obvious as ****.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:53 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Speaking of Iraq: That's some heavy stuff they are going through right now. I kinda have a problem with militant Islam.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 07:01 AM
Kalen Sykes

it's funny how the greatest pilots are from the rebellion, and there are not many known imperial pilots

Soontir Fel and Marek Stele come to mind. Also, some of those great Rebel pilots defected from the Empire: Tycho Celchu, Biggs Darklighter, Derek Klivian, to name a few.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 07:03 AM
truejedi

Change the comic, you're not? Even with punctuation those words don't mean anything.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 07:03 AM
truejedi

Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Soontir Fel and Marek Stele come to mind. Also, some of those great Rebel pilots defected from the Empire: Tycho Celchu, Biggs Darklighter, Derek Klivian, to name a few.

No shields meant no learning from their mistakes in the empire. No way to get better when they were always just dead.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 07:05 AM
Kalen Sykes

Originally posted by truejedi
No shields meant no learning from their mistakes in the empire. No way to get better when they were always just dead.

It also meant a higher learning curve. You're more susceptible to mistakes, with shields catching a few stray shots. TIE pilots didn't have that luxury. No shields meant that everything had to be perfect. No need to learn from your mistakes, if you didn't make any.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 07:19 AM
Q99

it's funny how the greatest pilots are from the rebellion, and there are not many known imperial pilots

Originally posted by Kalen Sykes

Well, we focus on them less. There's no 'TIE fighter' book series like there is an X-wing one, after all.

The ones I know of note are Vader (of course), Soontir Fel and Maarek Stele (Of the TIE Fighter games, force sensitive) as Kalen mentioned, and Gunn Yage from Legacy.

Originally posted by truejedi

Mind you, the learning curve wasn't *that* different- in the movies, one burst would regularly kill a shielded ship and TIEs were giving almost as good as they got at Endor. Shields mostly helped against glancing hits.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 08:40 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Um ima go old school on your asses and say Rhys Dallows, Nym, Vana Sage from the Star Wars: Starfighters game. those three fought through highly impossible odds imo.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Gradd. In new canon, he is said to be the best pilot in the Empire after Darth Vader.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Lando

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 06:37 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote