KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Did Satele Shan really lose to Darth Malgus?

Did Satele Shan really lose to Darth Malgus?
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

Did Satele Shan really lose to Darth Malgus?

Did Satele really lose to Darth Malgus on Alderaan? It is a general consensus that she did. I will concede that she did lose in a lightsaber duel, but did she lose fight over all? I think not. Here is why.

We all know what happened. Satele Shan got disarmed and Darth Malgus tried to run her through with his lightsaber but she got her hand up and caught the blade with tutaminus, a very impressive feat.

(please log in to view the image)

And then she got both of her hands on the lightsaber and she appeared to be far more in control

Even with Darth Malgus pushing with both hands the lightsaber was not moving towards her. And she has proven that she can match Darth Malgus's strength while using the force in another manner, one handed no less.

Then add that onto the massive power boost she was receiving from holding Malgus off, a power boost so strong that she could crumble a mountain with it, and I believe this match should be considered a stalemate rather than an all out defeat.

Last edited by WildBantha88 on Sep 11th, 2014 at 05:43 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:39 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

"After our last confrontation over Korriban, I head dreaded the possibility of another confrontation with Malgus, and my life was nearly forfeit again on this occasion. It was only the determination and strength of Captian Malcom that prevented it from happening."-Satele Shan in the Journal of Gnost Dural.

She pretty much lost against Malgus one on one, though not without earning herself some badass feats.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:43 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

That very well may be just a jedi's humility. Satele Shan was someone who tried to be the figure head for all jedi to look up to, in a few words. "The Perfect Jedi". Humility is something she would be quick to. Someone saves her life she would not boast saying "He saved me but I could have taken him myself." So her saying that after the fact makes sense but it doesn't undermine the fact that she might have still won that fight on her own

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:48 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Satele pretty clearly states that she was almost ****ed and that it was "only" Malcom's determination that saved her from getting murdered.

Did she put up a good fight? Yes.

Would she have beat Malgus there without Malcom's interference? No.

Did her tutaminus save her life and let her deadlock Malgus temporarily? Yes, and it was a damn impressive feat.

Could she hold him off indefinitely that way? No.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:54 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

She got crushed.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 10:47 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I wouldn't say 'crushed,' I mean one non-force sensitive was enough to turn the tide! But she needed help to pull it out to be sure.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:13 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

She hadn't lost yet, she was on her last leg for sure but she was still in the fight.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:52 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

She had a chance if she could use the energies she'd absorbed.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lol @ Banthas pathetic fanboy defense of Satele. Malgus had her downed and she even admitted that Malcom was the only reason she lived. Malgus would kick her ass if they fought on neutral ground.

Satele sucks

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 04:15 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Lol @ Banthas pathetic fanboy defense of Satele. Malgus had her downed and she even admitted that Malcom was the only reason she lived. Malgus would kick her ass if they fought on neutral ground.

Satele sucks

Lol @ Carthages attempt to troll/bait. This is so obvious Carthage, come on, you can do better than this.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Lol @ Carthages attempt to troll/bait. This is so obvious Carthage, come on, you can do better than this.

PT could have done better.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

#shotsfired

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

She lost. It's not that big a deal. Malgus is pretty powerful.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:50 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

battle wasn't over yet and she was getting an amp

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 03:08 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

To me it looked like she was going to get a saber to the face. I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to accept that Satele can and did lose. Malgus has contended with far better.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 02:29 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote