KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rebels is a rip off of old lore

Rebels is a rip off of old lore
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WildBantha88

Rebels is a rip off of old lore

First off I would like to say that I enjoy the show. Its true to the star wars that I have grown to love and that is all I have ever asked from it. But recently I was watching a Jensaarai1 video where he went off on a tangent how Rebels is just a rip off of old star wars stories and he briefly made a comparison to The Corruscant Nights series.

After seeing that I started noticing the parallels more and more. Kanan is very identical to Jax Pavan and his crew fits accordingly. Jax became a Jedi Knight only a day before order 66 and was the leading member of a band of rebels that struck out against the empire on a single planet while evading inquisitors and Darth Vader. I'm sure you see the comparison.

Also Jax took on Kajin Savaros as an apprentice, who was a young teen boy with a natural gift for the Force and a deal seated fear/hate for the empire. Ezra anyone?

They were also accompanied by a smart mouth droid named I-Five who is Chopper in rebels

And last but not least Jax was best friends with a green skinned Twi'lek named Lanarth who he had a will they won't they relationship with for a long time. Hera.

But the biggest comparison came just recently. *SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LATEST EPISODES* The entire plot of Jax pavans fourth book, The Last Jedi, revolved around Yimmon, a leader of a rebel organization, getting captured by the empire and taken to an impossible to penetrate space station, where he is tortured to give up the names of other rebels, and the fate of everyone involved hinges on his mental residence while his friends hatch a desperate plan to save him...need I say more?

Rebels is clearly highly influenced by Corruscant Nights books and really the parallels are astonishing.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:12 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I don't see it. Those are all incredibly broad concepts and can pretty much all be applied to ANH as well.

Honestly, if Rebels is ripping off anything it's ANH.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:19 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I just can't get into anything involving Lucasfilm and animation. Maybe its just my preference to the EU/films, from the fight scenes and overall tone it at least seems similar to the OT.

I guess I'll watch it sometime, it has to be better than TCW at least.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 11:56 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834

Honestly, if Rebels is ripping off anything it's ANH.

thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:03 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Re: Rebels is a rip off of old lore

Originally posted by WildBantha88
First off I would like to say that I enjoy the show. Its true to the star wars that I have grown to love and that is all I have ever asked from it. But recently I was watching a Jensaarai1 video where he went off on a tangent how Rebels is just a rip off of old star wars stories and he briefly made a comparison to The Corruscant Nights series.

After seeing that I started noticing the parallels more and more. Kanan is very identical to Jax Pavan and his crew fits accordingly. Jax became a Jedi Knight only a day before order 66 and was the leading member of a band of rebels that struck out against the empire on a single planet while evading inquisitors and Darth Vader. I'm sure you see the comparison.

Also Jax took on Kajin Savaros as an apprentice, who was a young teen boy with a natural gift for the Force and a deal seated fear/hate for the empire. Ezra anyone?

They were also accompanied by a smart mouth droid named I-Five who is Chopper in rebels

And last but not least Jax was best friends with a green skinned Twi'lek named Lanarth who he had a will they won't they relationship with for a long time. Hera.

But the biggest comparison came just recently. *SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LATEST EPISODES* The entire plot of Jax pavans fourth book, The Last Jedi, revolved around Yimmon, a leader of a rebel organization, getting captured by the empire and taken to an impossible to penetrate space station, where he is tortured to give up the names of other rebels, and the fate of everyone involved hinges on his mental residence while his friends hatch a desperate plan to save him...need I say more?

Rebels is clearly highly influenced by Corruscant Nights books and really the parallels are astonishing.

Yhea and some old fan found that insulting....
I enjoy TWC 2008 despite all my rage. I just... I... You unbderstand right? The story is total shit clichés and have too many incoherence that the show try to explain.. It canon be canon.. It's a fun series !!!

Rebels have the same scenarist than TWC... They were working here since saison 3..
And the duchess of mandalore is a rip off of sme old stuff too !
Like moraband etc....
In the mind of thescenarist there is the EU they found something god and inetresting on a wiki, because it awsome and try to copy it....

They are super fan of the EU and have prooven multiples time to don't really understand it (Like with the accidental mandalore reboot).

But with rebels they feel so sad.. So sad than the EU... is dead so...

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 24th, 2015 at 02:35 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Okay so I did a shit job explaining how similar these two stories are.

A young inexperienced Jedi leads a band of misfit rebels as they strike out against the empire, while evading inquisitors, and training a young reckless prodigy in the Force and he has doubts if he is ready to be a master.

I just explained both Corruscant nights and Rebels

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:45 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Kanan Jarrus = Jax Pavan
Hera Syndulla = Laranth Tarak
L'Inquisiteur = Probus Tesla (Inquisiteur)
Ezra Bridger = Kajin Savaros
Chopper ( qui apparemment en fait qu'a sa tête) = Tope la

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:45 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

thumb up x100

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:46 PM
Revanchiste

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 24th, 2015 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:50 PM
Darth Thor

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vader in the season finale.

What more could we ask for?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Fulcrum is also being revealed in the finale. Ahsoka/Vader action is inevitable.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:26 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Originally posted by DARTH POWER

Like in the original version !

The problem is that the serie can not be as good as the original,because.. It's the TWC style this is build for action and fun, not for story telling.....

Vader will just show his face every fanboy will be like : "Yhea vader" and then over.....
Fan service guys ! Cheap fan service...
You are so naifs !

Last edited by Revanchiste on Feb 24th, 2015 at 04:44 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:33 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Yup, it's a good series. Buuuuuuut...

Blue haired kid lost his family to the empire because they were rebels which forces him to live on the street as thief.....

Ezra=Trever Flume.

Jedi Apprentice who escaped order 66, is basically a rebel hero and has to learn to use the Force for the great good.

Ferus Olin=Kanan

And they're being chased by an Inquisitor.

It's a good show, but not entirely new.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

(please log in to view the image)

OMGGGGGGG

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:39 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Wow, he looks so rad.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

He won't do a lot..... I bet than the only action scene with him will be short very short....
CHeap fan service.
That's not the first time than TWC scenarists....

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:45 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Okay so I did a shit job explaining how similar these two stories are.

A young inexperienced Jedi leads a band of misfit rebels as they strike out against the empire, while evading inquisitors, and training a young reckless prodigy in the Force and he has doubts if he is ready to be a master.

I just explained both Corruscant nights and Rebels
thumb up
The very day that Rebels came out, my friend was ranting about how similar they are.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:32 PM
Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

deathslash I never hated you !

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:56 PM
NTJack0
Ranger

Even if it was, who cares?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 02:31 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

When Disney made the whole Canon, Legends, and non-canon divisions, didn't they say they retained the right to sample elements of the EU?

I'm not seeing the problem here.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 03:28 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote