KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » ESB Luke: where do you rank him?

ESB Luke: where do you rank him?
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

ESB Luke: where do you rank him?

So All you need to know states Luke was "easily defeated" by Vader, which as far as I know, is the only canon sources that mentions Luke's fight with Vader.

So where does he rank?

Seems like there's something to Filoni's comments about Luke being below Council Members, at least as of ESB.

Discuss below.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:23 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If I were going to judge Luke, I'd do so by his feats and accolades.

If Filoni mentions the Council Members, I don't take it seriously. Otherwise Coleman Trebor>ROTJ Luke and Grievous, which is completely ****ing ridiculous.

I'm not sure where I place him, but Filoni's statements have jack shit to do with it.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

Where do you rank him?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:28 AM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Overall, likely one tier beneath Adi Gallia/Even Piell, two tiers beneath Imperial Guardsmen from the Dark Temple.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:32 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

TPM Kenobi level, maybe.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:46 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

No mother****ing idea about ESB Luke

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:51 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

It's one am here so pardon the grammar.

The way I see it, being easily defeated by Vader is one thing...

But Vader is impressed by his overall ability that also says a lot.

As for where exactly I rank him though?

It's hard to say, he's arguably below Kanan and by virtue of that he's below Seventh Sis too.

I've got no idea honestly.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 06:10 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart
Overall, likely one tier beneath Adi Gallia/Even Piell, two tiers beneath Imperial Guardsmen from the Dark Temple.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 10:40 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

It's hard to say, he's arguably below Kanan and by virtue of that he's below Seventh Sis too.

Eh.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 11:03 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yea... No. Luke is at least above Kanan.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 01:15 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Really low. He had almost no experience and only lasted long against Vader due to the former going easy on him, and his own ingenuity.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 04:06 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yea... No. Luke is at least above Kanan.

Hence "arguable"

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 05:14 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

No but he's saying ESB Luke is inarguably superior to Kanan.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 05:19 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No but he's saying ESB Luke is inarguably superior to Kanan.

Eh.

I'll wait to see post ESB/Pre ESB Luke do something more substantial before I place him above anyone.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 05:45 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Wouldn't Luke's performance against Vader (i.e. kicking Vader off the platform, striking Vader's shoulder) put him at least above Kanan?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 06:08 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Low

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Wouldn't Luke's performance against Vader (i.e. kicking Vader off the platform, striking Vader's shoulder) put him at least above Kanan?

The quote that says vader easily dispatched of Luke made me reanalyze the fight.

One can assert that Vader did hold up back severely, if he was able to casually end Luke's assault.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 06:55 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Implying he wasn't holding back against Kanan AND Erza at the same time, then sure, kek.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 07:48 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Implying he wasn't holding back against Kanan AND Erza at the same time, then sure, kek.

Never said that, you derp.

What I'm actually saying is that Kanan's training under actual Jedi Masters like Depa, and discipline in an actual form gives him an edge against Luke as he is better trained than ESB Luke is.

Consider this:

He's dueled a magnaguard, was being beaten back by a skilled swordsman with a lightsaber... yet said person didn't even have a connection to the force.

Not to mention he was casually, very casually, beaten back by Vader even before TPM.

In every scenario Post-ANH and ESB Luke has been, Kanan would perform better. You can't say it's untrue.

hell, ESB! Luke and Kanan may even be in the same tier given how their respective fights with Vader went.

The only reason I have Kanan above Luke is because he has more TK feats and integrates them in combat quite fluidly. Other than that they're more or less on the same tier.

But when, and i do mean when, Luke gets OP feats in TK, then I'll be swayed.

tl;dr I'm rite ur wrong suck it

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 08:49 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Never said that, you derp.

You really didn't need to.
quote:

What I'm actually saying is that Kanan's training under actual Jedi Masters like Depa, and discipline in an actual form gives him an edge against Luke as he is better trained than ESB Luke is.

all the keks in the world towards this one. Kind of retarded because Luke was trained by two actual Jedi, both above Depa in just about everything, as well as a having considerable training elsewhere.
quote:

Consider this:

He's dueled a magnaguard, was being beaten back by a skilled swordsman with a lightsaber... yet said person didn't even have a connection to the force.

And? I'd put both of those things, it was more than one magnaguard by the way, above Kanan, lel.
quote:

Not to mention he was casually, very casually, beaten back by Vader even before TPM.

Vader's done the same to Kanan, kek.
quote:

In every scenario Post-ANH and ESB Luke has been, Kanan would perform better. You can't say it's untrue.

It's untrue.
quote:

hell, ESB! Luke and Kanan may even be in the same tier given how their respective fights with Vader went.

Where Luke did better than Kanan? Not really.
quote:

The only reason I have Kanan above Luke is because he has more TK feats and integrates them in combat quite fluidly. Other than that they're more or less on the same tier.

Kanan losing and running away in pretty much every encounter shows how fluid his TK is?
quote:

But when, and i do mean when, Luke gets OP feats in TK, then I'll be swayed.

tl;dr I'm rite ur wrong suck it.

Kanan doesn't have OP feats in TK and has shit overall combat feats, so I won't be putting him above anyone worth mentioning here.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 09:05 PM