KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How good is Scourge

How good is Scourge
Started by: hutchy1345

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hutchy1345

How good is Scourge

I see people speaking of him being really powerful but did he not get stomped by nyriss?
So where would u rate him in his prime in:
Force
Sabers
All out

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:18 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Pick a high, but sub-Obi-Wan, Jedi from the PT or Ventress. Somewhere around there.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:21 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

He is quite underrated. He stalemated almost Act III HoT who is pretty hot these days

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sinious
HoT who is pretty hot these days
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:30 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

rolling on floor laughing

"That is why you fail."

Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Revan and Nyriss both said that Scourge possessed enormous Force potential. In his Prime he'd be an extremely powerful Force User. Given his style though, I imagine he's mainly a defensive Force wielder who supplements his lightsaber skills with effective force use. Given that he's run roughshod over the Dark Council for 300 years killing the most ambitious Sith and the most powerful Jedi, it's obvious he'd need to be capable of handling high level Force use.

In Sabers the dude has 300 years of combat experience and training and has killed over 1100 Jedi and Sith personally. Given that he was already a master of 3 lightsaber forms by the time he was middle aged or younger, I surmise that he's likely mastered the full set by Swtor and obviously is intimately familiar with pretty much every aspect of lightsaber combat. I doubt there's much he hasn't seen. He's a lightsaber prodigy with 300 years to perfect his skills in, whose job is literally to duel and murder the most powerful Jedi and Sith and has amble additional reason to want to be as good as possible for when he betrays Vitiate. I imagine he'd be a pretty much a top tier lightsaber duelist in terms of his skill.

Still below Act 2 HoT though. wink

Last edited by Nephthys on Apr 6th, 2016 at 08:33 PM

Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Nephthys
Revan and Nyriss both said that Scourge possessed enormous Force potential. In his Prime he'd be an extremely powerful Force User. Given his style though, I imagine he's mainly a defensive Force wielder who supplements his lightsaber skills with effective force use. Given that he's run roughshod over the Dark Council for 300 years killing the most ambitious Sith and the most powerful Jedi, it's obvious he'd need to be capable of handling high level Force use.

In Sabers the dude has 300 years of combat experience and training and has killed over 1100 Jedi and Sith personally. Given that he was already a master of 3 lightsaber forms by the time he was middle aged or younger, I surmise that he's likely mastered the full set by Swtor and obviously is intimately familiar with pretty much every aspect of lightsaber combat. He's a lightsaber prodigy with 300 years to perfect his skills in, whose job is literally to duel and murder the most powerful Jedi and Sith. I imagine he'd be a pretty much a top tier lightsaber duelist in terms of his skill.

Still below Act 2 HoT though. wink
thumb up honestly

I'd say he is equal to Act 2 HoT tho

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:32 PM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lightsaber skill and combat - prime Darth Maul level, maybe a small notch above.

Force only though he can compete with Quinlan Vos (Legends) at best.

All out? Well, impossible to tell, he isn't as good with the Force as with sabers, but Force won't be a huge factor in most encounters. He can be beaten by guys like Xesh, who hold the power and mastery to overpower him with the Force, but can defeat somebody like Kit Fisto, who shits on Xesh as a combatant... etc.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:42 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Agreed

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:43 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I didn't know he could be beaten by guys like Xesh. I mean, since he tanked and survived Xesh's charged attack (that literally depleted all his force power) and then crushed him, I'd assume that he cannot be beaten by guys like Xesh. thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Scourge is (literally) a tank. I imagine it'd be pretty hard to beat him up with force powers through his force defenses, personal energy shield and heavy armor. You'd need a lot of damage in excess of Scourges level of power to actually affect him and stop him from reaming you in sabers.

Oh and also he gets stronger from his opponents hate, way more than usual for a Sith.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Sinious
I didn't know he could be beaten by guys like Xesh. I mean, since he tanked and survived Xesh's charged attack (that literally depleted all his force power) and then crushed him, I'd assume that he cannot be beaten by guys like Xesh. thumb up

?!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I'd rank him somewhere around TCW Maul level. Forcewise, tho, honestly no idea.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Trocity
?!

Yeah, I have no ****ing idea what he's talking about either.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 09:06 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

He's thinking of Xedrix kek

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 09:10 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I thought he was referring to something that actually happened and you really don't see a lot of names starting with X so I just thought of Xedrix for some reason rofl

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 10:03 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

In the Revan novel he was fair; prodigiously powerful, but still an amateur compared to the Dark Councillors.

In SWTOR he was certainly stronger, but more of a disappointment than anything. Given how great his potential was made out to be, plus 300 years of experience, plus enhancements from the Emperor himself, you'd think he'd be pretty beastly. But he really wasn't, there are a number of other Sith better than him around in his day.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 12:03 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Qui Gon jinn tier or lower

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 12:05 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

Yeah, after 300 years, you'll have a lot of experience.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

He is really powerful. But he doesn't have much exposure unfortunately.

I expect him to be superior then Count Dooku during his prime. He have considerable experience and talents that grant him advantage in combat situations such as Consume Essence and Shatterpoint.

He also have decent Telekinetic abilities; he sent Hero of Tython and his companion packing across the hall without even a gesture. He also killed scores of guards without a gesture.

He is also a TANK; heavily protected and virtually immortal. He can take lot more abuse then he is given credit for.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 7th, 2016 at 04:30 AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 04:25 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote