KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How powerful is Dooku?

How powerful is Dooku?
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

How powerful is Dooku?

I ran across a source stating he studied the Dark Holocron extensively, and this small holocron was able to make "the Darkest power in the galaxy" stronger(that being Exar Kun)

So with this and his impressive list of accolades.

Just how powerful is he?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Assuming Legends:

As a duelist - sixth or seventh best in the mythos after Luke/Sidious/Yoda/Caedus/Windu, depending on whether you put him above Anakin. I could understand why Krayt could be above him as well. I do think that there's a pretty big gap between Caedus and (base) Windu given how Stover characterizes Windu's fight against Palpatine, and then a really small or non-existent one between Windu and Dooku (they were considered equals in Dark Rendevous, but Windu is younger than Dooku and may not have hit his prime).

As a Force wielder - around Malgus/Satele level.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 12:21 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aurbere

Thing about Dooku is that we never see him exercise the power he should have to its fullest extent. That is to say he doesn't unleash the same destructive power that logically weaker individuals do. And since people take flash over substance, you'll rarely see people mark him where he logically should be.

He's in that tier with the likes of Bane and Malgus, I'd say.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

He has some pretty impressive telekinesis and lightning feats in TCW, although they probably don't match the ones we see in TOR - he never really gets into such situations. Dooku's saber prowess does put some sort of lower limit on his strength in the Force - there's simply no way he could've been so formidable below a certain level, regardless of how technically skilled he was. In the RotS novelization, we know that he can replenish himself from fatigue within seconds, and, of course, we know that he can ragdoll Obi Wan pretty easily.

I guess you could make the argument, then, that he's above Vader, given that Vader fails to ragdoll enemies weaker than Obi Wan.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 12:48 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Aurbere
People take flash over substance, you'll rarely see people mark him where he logically should be.

quote:

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Apr 11th, 2016 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 01:17 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Between Maul and Vader tbh

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Aurbere
Thing about Dooku is that we never see him exercise the power he should have to its fullest extent. That is to say he doesn't unleash the same destructive power that logically weaker individuals do. And since people take flash over substance, you'll rarely see people mark him where he logically should be.

You and I are gonna have a talk about that tbh D:<

@ The Ellimist, do I know you? There's something about your style that I find familiar :mmm:

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 01:43 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thing with Dooku is, he is a greater duelist than a combatant. I don't see Dooku replicating battlefield feats of Revan or Obi-Wan, but at the same time I see him beating them in a 1v1 duel.

That makes it pretty hard to gauge him, to be honest.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 01:45 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

How the **** is Dooku going to beat Revan?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 01:53 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

In a sabers only fuggot

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 01:54 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I think he means sabers only (I hope)

Edit: yep smile

"That is why you fail."

Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How the **** is Dooku going to beat Revan?

An Dark Holocron smile

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by JKBart
In a sabers only fuggot

Don't even act like that's what duel implies, Polefag.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 02:12 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Uh, he's the most gifted Jedi that the Jedi Order had produced in centuries during their golden age. He trained directly under the most powerful Jedi and Sith in history respectively. He's repeatedly went head to head with the greatest of the Jedi Order's heroes and came out on top fairly consistently until the very end.

Obviously he's powerful. The Dark Holocron doesn't change much of anything in that regard.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 02:12 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Uh, he's the most gifted Jedi that the Jedi Order had produced in centuries during their golden age. He trained directly under the most powerful Jedi and Sith in history respectively. He's repeatedly went head to head with the greatest of the Jedi Order's heroes and came out on top fairly consistently until the very end.

Obviously he's powerful. The Dark Holocron doesn't change much of anything in that regard.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 02:14 PM
hutchy1345

Would've been interesting to see how powerful he could've been if he was trained by sidious from the start
I know dooku's older but still

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 03:39 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Better than Maul, below Vader. Maybe somewhere around Malgus.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 03:52 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Abonis

In new canon, top 10

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 04:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

In new canon there're like 10 non-fodder force users.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 04:15 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Greater than Bane

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 04:55 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote