KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » If you had to pick, which continuity would you choose?

If you had to pick, which ccontinuity would you choose?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Legends 14 73.68%
New canon 5 26.32%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

If you had to pick, which continuity would you choose?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

If you had to pick, which continuity would you choose?

Legends or new canon?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Legends has the advantage of time; it has more content, a richer universe, more exotic material, etc. Nostalgia probably helps it too. And it's undeniably more interesting with respect to versus debates.

The new Canon has more funding, better focus and arguably better average levels of storytelling. You could argue that average level doesn't matter because you can pick out what stories to read, but it's still nice to have a more consistently solid mythos.

I'd say the new Canon's trilogy's excites me more than any Legends stuff and breathes life into the franchise, but Legends is better for vs. debates and maybe role playing and fanfic, at least for the moment.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:38 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

MaRey Sue killed canon.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:39 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Even if you don't think the OT Luke is a Sue, NJO+ Luke certainly is.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:41 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Legends has the advantage of time; it has more content, a richer universe, more exotic material, etc.

Just this for me.

The New Canon has watered down some of my favorite aspects and I'm none too thrilled about that..

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

K? Rey was basically better than ANH Luke and Han and Leia combined.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:43 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There's a 3rd continuity.. A pretty important one at that- Lucas Canon. Which was the 6 films and TCW series only.

Although tbf it's incomplete without Rebels given TCW was cancelled early by Disney and a lot of the unfinished TCW plots are being addressed there.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
K? Rey was basically better than ANH Luke and Han and Leia combined.

So? Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network was much smarter than Kane in Citizen Kane; where's the line?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:04 PM
Syndicate

This is like choosing between Vader and Anakin.

One's obviously superior and the other has greater potential.

*Waits for the bait to be taken*

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

^ damn that's clever

Was Mustafar like Lucas selling his franchise in reverse chronological order?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:15 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

They're both terrible. Luckily, this is fiction, so I really don't have to care about events in either. Just pick the stories you like.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:17 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

> thinks Star Wars is terrible
> spends a significant amount of time on a forum debating whether its fictional characters would win in fantasy fights

kek

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:18 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I don't think Star Wars is terrible; I think the continuities are terrible. Also, I'd hardly call what I do here debating.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:20 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by The Ellimist
^ damn that's clever

Was Mustafar like Lucas selling his franchise in reverse chronological order?

Yes. :3

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

New canon is a joke. After reading hundreds of books, playing games, reading comics, I'm supposed to just deal with the fact that none of it even exists in continuity? No thanks Disney, I'll take Legends over your recycled OT garbage.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:32 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

You gonna cry Beefy? smile

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Tad upset there. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Damn, I'm tempted to read it now.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 08:01 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

new canon. Ive never been a fan of the larger stories in the Legends continuity, except a few of the Sith stories that lead up to the movies and a few of the Clone War era books

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 08:16 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Originally posted by Beniboybling
You gonna cry Beefy? smile

Nope, just laughing at all the people dumb enough to enjoy the new canon while continuously denying it's a rehash of the OT.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 08:31 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote