KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Accolades for PT Jedi being some of the best swordsmen in history?

Accolades for PT Jedi being some of the best swordsmen in history?
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Accolades for PT Jedi being some of the best swordsmen in history?

Can be for individuals or for the entire Order. I know Fisto, Kolar, Tiin etc. have those. What about others?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jinn has one

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:08 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Practically everyone with a name has one lol

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Practically everyone with a name has one lol

Pretty much. Though I wouldn't say all of history, but within the Jedi Order.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

The vast majority from the PT era.

In fact I can't think of a single one that comes from a third person perspective outside of the PT era considering Kas'im's own is based entirely on Bane's opinion. smile

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:11 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solar Power

quote:
Qui-Gon Jinn was one of the most able swordsmen in the Jedi order. The Jedi Master he had trained under had considered him one of the best the Master had taught in his more than four hundred years in the order. Qui-Gon had fought in conflicts all across the galaxy in the span of his life and against odds so great that many others would not have stood a chance. He had survived battles that had tested his skill and resolve in every conceivable way.

You'll never guess where I got this from. wink

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Solar Power a Private Message Find more posts by Solar Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Qui-Gon's RT? smile

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solar Power

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Qui-Gon's RT? smile

No. smile

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Solar Power a Private Message Find more posts by Solar Power Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Can you post the the accolades themselves here? "Practically with everyone with a name has one" isn't helping. I've checked several Council RT's and am finding zero from objective sources.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Solar Power
You'll never guess where I got this from. wink

TPM novelization, I think. But anway, it doesn't specifically refer to all of history, which is what I'm looking for.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

There aren't any from objective sources. yes

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:46 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
The vast majority from the PT era.

In fact I can't think of a single one that comes from a third person perspective outside of the PT era considering Kas'im's own is based entirely on Bane's opinion. smile

Syndicate's trying to pull me out of my newfound state of enlightenment (please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Anoon Bondara by being a weapons master is confirmed as being one of the greatest duelists in the history of the Jedi order. He admits inferiority to Qui-Gon and Windu, so that same accolade can apply to anyone above or equal to Qui-Gon or Windu as well.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:50 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Anoon Bondara by being a weapons master is confirmed as being one of the greatest duelists in the history of the Jedi order. He admits inferiority to Qui-Gon and Windu, so that same accolade can apply to anyone above or equal to Qui-Gon or Windu as well.

That's not an objective quote.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:54 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Anoon Bondara by being a weapons master is confirmed as being one of the greatest duelists in the history

Where?

As far as I'm aware he's noted to be one of the best fighters in the Order at the time but not due to being a weapons master.

"Master Bondara epitomized what Darsha hoped to become one day. The Twi'lek Jedi Master lived in the Force. Always still and complacent as a pool of unknown depth, he was nevertheless one of the best fighters in the order." - Darth Maul Shadow Hunter

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:55 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Despiteany claiming literally every character has them, I'm finding none. Even the B-team quote was from the perspective of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 07:56 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Most are from subjective sources, but not exactly uninformed ones, or rather ones we are given reason to dobut. Plo Koon and Sora Bulq however are objectively stated to be some of the best combatants in history. Yoda is as well.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Could have sworn Yoda/Windu/Dooku at least had some 3rd person omniscient narrator accolades to this effect

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 08:25 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Most are from subjective sources, but not exactly uninformed ones, or rather ones we are given reason to dobut. Plo Koon and Sora Bulq however are objectively stated to be some of the best combatants in history. Yoda is as well.

What sources are there for Koon and Bulq?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 09:11 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Plo Koon is a member of the Jedi High Council and a Jedi General in the Clone Wars. Koon is one of the most powerful Jedi ever, with awesome fighting ability, strong telekinetic powers and superb piloting skills.

--Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 7th, 2016 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote