KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rick McCallum Quote

Rick McCallum Quote
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Rick McCallum Quote

I'm sure most of you guys already know this, but Producer Rick McCallum says that Sidious is even more powerful than the Jedi, which, of course, includes Yoda:

quote:
"Ian is a classical Shakespearean actor; you know, the last thing in the world that he can do, or wants to do, is be a Jedi Master. You know, he is not a Jedi Master, he's got to be even more powerful than the Jedi."

-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjdycGgeaIY&t=350s

I'm also curious to see how much faith you place in McCallum's (as the producer) words, since you guys generally seem to believe Lucas and Gillard. I assume that there'll be a similar standard of credence or disbelief for this quote.

Last edited by SunRazer on Nov 24th, 2016 at 04:49 AM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 04:46 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I mean, he's fine till he says something contradictory to events like Gillard.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:03 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

What does Gillard say that's contradictory to events?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:04 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Pretty much everything. All his rankings contradict with the performances the characters give.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:06 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sunrazer you think Palpatine is a gut instinct retard when the chips are down.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:07 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Not seeing it. You'll have to be more specific.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 05:07 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Sorry, the link in the OP is wrong. It's here:

https://youtu.be/GjdycGgeaIY?t=281

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 10:33 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Of course Sidious is more powerful, thats been established in Legends and Canon

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 09:14 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

My point is that this means Sidious was always intended by the creators to be more powerful.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 09:55 PM
quanchi112
Disney

They were equals in terms of power in the film. Quit being ridiculous, sunrazer.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 10:24 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, the facts are on my side.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 10:28 PM
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
Well, the facts are on my side.
No, they aren't. Yoda took Palpatine's best and it ended in a stalemate. Did you forget how Palpatine looked when Yoda went all in during the fl exchange.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 10:30 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Looks don't matter. Quotes from executives and the Star Wars website & guides do.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 10:33 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Looks don't matter. Quotes from executives and the Star Wars website & guides do.
Facts matter not the opinions of others. You are all over the map all the time depending on who says what and when. Evidence and facts matter not the opinions.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 10:44 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

So your opinion doesn't count, but the facts established by sources do. Glad to see we're on the same page.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:01 PM
quanchi112
Disney

So your opinion doesn't count, but the facts established by sources do. Glad to see we're on the same page.
My opinion is supported by the facts your opinion is supported by an opinion. See the difference ?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:28 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It's not an opinion. It's a fact. The way it's worded makes it clear that it's part of Sidious' entire conceptualization as a character, something that the creators would've universally agreed upon.

With that:

quote:
"Ian is a classical Shakespearean actor; you know, the last thing in the world that he can do, or wants to do, is be a Jedi Master. You know, he is not a Jedi Master, he's got to be even more powerful than the Jedi."

-- https://youtu.be/GjdycGgeaIY?t=281

quote:
The end came with astonishing suddenness. The shadow could feel how much it cost the little green freak to bend back his lightnings into the cage of energy that enclosed them both; the creature had reached the limits of his strength.

-- Revenge of the Sith

quote:
By restoring Maul’s powers, Talzin hoped to defeat Sidious and become the most powerful being in the galaxy.

-- Databank: Mother Talzin

quote:
"Though Yoda is a tough combatant, the Emperor uses his Sith powers to release lightning bolts and hurl floating platforms at his foe. Ultimately the battle proves too much for Yoda, who barely escapes and is whisked away to safety by Senator Bail Organa."

-- Ultimate Star Wars

quote:
Yoda confronted Sidious in the heart of the Senate chambers. This erupted into an intense duel between these masters of the Force, a fight that Yoda ultimately lost and was forced to flee.

-- Databank: Yoda

quote:
Darth Sidious overwhelmed Master Yoda with the destructive energy of the dark side, and the Jedi Master fled Coruscant.

-- Databank: Darth Sidious

quote:
Yoda is eventually outmatched by Sidious.

-- Databank: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Story Gallery

quote:
The Jedi Master and the Sith Lord dueled in the Senate chamber, but Sidious was too strong for Yoda to defeat.

-- Databank: Coruscant History Gallery

Old Post Nov 24th, 2016 11:36 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Nothing in these quotes definitively proves your assertions. I'm sure you don't believe if Talzin won she'd be considered more powerful than Yoda but you've never really been known for your consistency. The battle did prove too much for Yoda but he was never outclassed in terms of power. Quit trying to muck this all up with your silly little quotes. Palpatine was the most powerful guy in the galaxy due to his authority just as Donald Trump is the most powerful. See how this can be interpreted, quote groupie.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 12:17 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I didn't say he was outclassed. I said he was outmatched. And that's a fact.

Also, "quote groupie", lmfao.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 12:19 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I didn't say he was outclassed. I said he was outmatched. And that's a fact.

Also, "quote groupie", lmfao.
Not by means of power by means of Yoda's poor positioning. They are equals in terms of power.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 12:26 AM