KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Marka Ragnos Quote

Marka Ragnos Quote
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Marka Ragnos Quote

Not exactly new, but it's from an obscure source and I haven't seen it discussed here yet. Here it is:

quote:
"You will choose between two disciplines. One follows the path of Marka Ragnos, who focused the dark side to become nearly unwoundable in battle."

-- The Old Republic

Also bumps up Hord, I guess, since he's the greatest Ancient Sith duelist and Ragnos is apparently nearly "unwoundable" (invulnerable) in combat.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 10:49 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Refers to All-Out, not sabers smile

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 11:29 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

That only makes him even more insane, holistically.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 11:33 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Nice find.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 01:47 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Seems like a Force Barrier feat, to me; or it implies he's so far above most people they can't harm him... which is pretty evident for any high tier duelist.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 03:27 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

It's just saying Ragnos was a damn good Juggernaut. What does it say for Sadow? IIRC he's the basis for the Marauder choice.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 05:33 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's just saying Ragnos was a damn good Juggernaut. What does it say for Sadow? IIRC he's the basis for the Marauder choice.

Something about intuitively knowing where someone was weakest and where best to strike.

Yeh, the quotes have been around for a while. Never really thought about posting them RE the Ancient Sith though, the convos are just good for dissuading imbecile TOR-ites who insist that each canon class could master both disciplines...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by MythLord
Seems like a Force Barrier feat, to me; or it implies he's so far above most people they can't harm him... which is pretty evident for any high tier duelist.

Definitely not Barrier. It's referring to him being a Juggernaut, and either his insane durability or just being incredibly good at combat like you said.

Originally posted by NewGuy01

Yep. And here's the full quote (which references both Ragnos and Sadow):

quote:
"You will choose between two disciplines. One follows the path of Marka Ragnos, who focused the dark side to become nearly unwoundable in battle. The other one was mastered by Naga Sadow, who could intuit where his foe was weakest and then strike precisely with devastating effect."

-- The Old Republic

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:35 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by SunRazer
Definitely not Barrier. It's referring to him being a Juggernaut, and either his insane durability or just being incredibly good at combat like you said.

I mean, it says he "focused the dark side" to become nigh-unwoundable. But yeah, since it's referring to the Juggernaut it suggests excellent skill in combat, something we already know Marka is.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:37 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Focused the dark side in a combative sense. thumb up

Well, some more hype is always welcome for Ragnos, especially if it's a bit more defined than some of his other rather ambiguous accolades.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:53 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I just hope people realise the source for this is some random on the Imp station speaking thousands of years after Ragnos' reign, lest they attempt to take it at face value in a debate or something...

Originally posted by AncientPower
Being far more powerful than Marka Ragnos who is nigh-invulnerable in combat.
Too late. sick

Last edited by Beniboybling on Mar 10th, 2017 at 01:23 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 01:21 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, it's possible that it was intended by the writers as something legitimate, and I'd assume that in-universe, Lord Lokar at least based his opinion on historical accounts. But whatever. Fallible accolades are still accolades.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 09:24 PM