KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » ADDRESSING MISCONCEPTIONS: Revan #1

ADDRESSING MISCONCEPTIONS: Revan #1
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Shocked ADDRESSING MISCONCEPTIONS: Revan #1

This thread serves as the first entry of my Addressing Misconceptions blog series.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profi...revan-1/130457/

DISCLAIMER: Comments and views said below may not accurately reflect the content of the thread.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

"Muuuhhh continuity" >>>> logic and common sense

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:03 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TenebrousWay

- The PT Brigade

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:08 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Responded to it. You're right in some parts, but you're also stretching some arguments beyond what your evidence actually states, and at other times you're blatantly taking quotes out of context to suit your own ends.

Originally posted by TenebrousWay

Logic and common sense is to follow continuity. That said, I have already argued against certain elements of continuity repeatedly in the past, so I'm not someone who just follows continuity without even contemplating alternatives. That is the case with several others as well.

Moreover, "logic and common sense" here is in fact a synonym for personal desires and arbitrary interpretations. If a statement is produced saying that Mace or Dooku > Revan, then that's simply how it is. If you argue that Revan's still stronger because his feats are better, because "I can't see that happening" or whatever else, it's down to your own wants and arbitrary interpretations. There's no common sense or logic in that at all.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:09 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by SunRazer
Responded to it. You're right in some parts, but you're also stretching some arguments beyond what your evidence actually states, and at other times you're blatantly taking quotes out of context to suit your own ends.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

All future blogs by me will also specifically @ you, given you are generally the one leading the charge of stupidity.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Ad hominem. Doesn't excuse the fact that you're doing it then and there, which is what's relevant now. I'll respond to your stuff later.

And I'm fine with you leaving it up to others to decide what the stupidity is. Plenty of Revanites on CV are either on-board with me and other people who argue this purported stupidity or are at least willing to listen. You making everything personal shows nothing other than how immature you are. You might want to **** off outside for a breath of fresh air before making your next response.

Last edited by SunRazer on Mar 12th, 2017 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:20 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's excused given it's not being done. Now, unless you have something to actually contribute to this thread (which you don't), leave.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:21 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It's being done. See the back-and-forth which are getting us nowhere? I suggest we stop and start having a productive discussion, based on the points of the blog itself and not each other.

I'm contributing by exposing the flaws in your arguments. You're just unwilling to listen, and from experience it's clear that if I'm not making a response that favours you, you're going to be unhappy and accuse me ofthis and that. I don't care what pisses you off or wets your knickers. If you make a thread on a public forum, anyone is entitled to post. The fact that you're showing dictatorial tendencies by not allowing dissenting opinion is supposed to scare me now? Kindly **** off.

As I said, I'll respond on the blog itself later.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:24 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Huh, this thread actually convinced me Nova's right

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's being done. See the back-and-forth which are getting us nowhere? I suggest we stop and start having a productive discussion, based on the points of the blog itself and not each other.

I'm contributing by exposing the flaws in your arguments. You're just unwilling to listen, and from experience it's clear that if I'm not making a response that favours you, you're going to be unhappy and accuse me ofthis and that. I don't care what pisses you off or wets your knickers. If you make a thread on a public forum, anyone is entitled to post. The fact that you're showing dictatorial tendencies by not allowing dissenting opinion is supposed to scare me now? Kindly **** off.

As I said, I'll respond on the blog itself later.

If there were flaws in my argument, it certainly wasn't exposed by you.

Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Selenial
Huh, this thread actually convinced me Nova's right

I never understood how these types of posts worked besides blatant triggers.

Nevertheless, love you too mom. :*

SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
If there were flaws in my argument, it certainly wasn't exposed by you.

Keep up with the ad hominems and continue to eviscerate your credibility.

I don't know why you make this stuff personal. If it involves Revan, it becomes outright personal to you, and it becomes a personal mission for you to hunt down the "heretics". There's something seriously wrong with that, and I suggest you find a way to stop it as soon as you can.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:34 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Keep up with the ad hominems and continue to eviscerate your credibility.

I've been here for many years doing a lot of the same things.

I imagine now isn't the moment when it all turns around on me.

If it involves Revan, it becomes outright personal to you, and it becomes a personal mission for you to hunt down the "heretics".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqaiKmm8gsY&t=1m04s

Last edited by Jaggarath on Mar 12th, 2017 at 02:38 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:35 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, some might argue that it turned around on you a while ago.

Regardless, I'm not setting out to destroy your credibility or undermine Revan, despite what you may think. I've no personal agenda in this, as you can tell from my recent attempts to raise Revan in my own eyes. I'm just trying to be fair and stay as close as I can to canonical information. Your own failures in convincing me aren't my fault, lol. And if I'm just some stubborn prick who won't listen, skip me. You don't need to make it personal and dedicate entire blogs to attacking me like you're threatening me.

Become more mature and you'll be infinitely more respected. thumb up

Last edited by SunRazer on Mar 12th, 2017 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:37 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

If anything, Ant has gained in credibility.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:37 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Razer is right. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:40 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Razer is right. smile

DBZ sux. :>

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:42 AM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

snip

You "argued against certain elements of continuity repeatedly" using what if not logic and common sense?

My post referred to the Kun/Ulic/Vitiate debacle, justifying it's trollish nature, not about Ant's feelings about "muh Revan" btw.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:45 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
DBZ sux. :>

No, my friend. I've passed between Multiverses. Gone beyond the beyond. Seen levels of power and horror outside the scope of what any dreamer can dream. And beyond that, too.

smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:46 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Razer is right. smile

Ur just a noob that have SSJ3 Goku above Mystic Gohan, I'm certain. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 12th, 2017 02:46 AM