KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Palpatine bending Mace Windu's lightsaber blade - yes or no? (The movie)

Palpatine bending Mace Windu's lightsaber blade - yes or no? (The movie)
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Palpatine bending Mace Windu's lightsaber blade - yes or no? (The movie)

So here is a gif and a video of the movie:

(please log in to view the image)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0r4jNhG9Z4 (2:59)

We see that the tip of Mace's blade wavers back and worth. Those on Sidious' side argue that because only the tip was moving, that would mean the blade was being contorted. Those on the opposing side have offered the counter-argument that Mace was actually moving his hand in a small circle, creating the illusion that the blade was wobbling. Personally, I don't see it no matter how hard I look, and I certainly don't see the fountain of the blade moving, only the tip.

To settle this once and for all, we'd need a scene-by-scene deconstruction of every pixel on-screen. I am not that good at editing, so I'd ask someone else to do it instead - to settle this hotly-debated topic for good.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

lol

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

LMFAO.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

that'd be retarded

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Why are you laughing? sad

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

cuz ur stoopid

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 10:02 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

That so mean sad

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 10:17 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I reshpect you Az :>

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"I, uh, respect you as, uh, a person." -DMB

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 10:46 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMuser

I respect Az's opinion, but some of them seem a bit insane.......

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:00 PM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I remember the time Ant tried to pass off Tol Braga's blade as being bent. Even worse than this. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:16 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That was more of a joke pointing out how idiotic this argument was, lmfao.

Seems it missed the mark for some people (i.e. you).

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:19 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

pretty sure az's sarcastically trolling folks like neph here

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
pretty sure az's sarcastically trolling folks like neph here

He's not. The fact you think he is shows how stupid this argument is, though.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:20 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That was more of a joke pointing out how idiotic this argument was, lmfao.

Seems it missed the mark for some people (i.e. you).

That's what you're saying now. laughing out loud

And no, this thing was mentioned afterwards, as a response to you. You brought that up just to find a way to have Vitiate bend lightsaber blades like Palpatine did, because you were upset that Vitiate's Lightning wasn't as powerful. thumb up

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:22 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by SunRazer
That's what you're saying now. laughing out loud

And no, this thing was mentioned afterwards, as a response to you. You brought that up just to find a way to have Vitiate bend lightsaber blades like Palpatine did, because you were upset that Vitiate's Lightning wasn't as powerful. thumb up

My dude, you can go through every post I ever made, and I never once recognized Palpatine bending back a lightsaber as impressive.

Not even during a short phase. Not once. thumb up

The point of the Vitiate scene was to show how idiotic it was. LeGenD took my post and made it serious in an argument, twisting original intent.

Now quit the shit or I'll have to start handing out Ls.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:24 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

So using idiotic evidence that doesn't actually show the same thing is supposed to show that a feat isn't impressive? lmfao

Take your L, please.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:28 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Was the same thing. Literal no distinction between what I showed and this bullshit in this thread.

Actually, one might actually say the lightsaber did bend vs Vitiate. Sidious? Lmfao nah.

Here's your first L:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Tenebrous

I imagine I'll give you like ten more before you realize you're making a scene unprovoked.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Apr 13th, 2017 at 11:35 PM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:31 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Why was theri ever an argument here. The blade is clearly bent in the movie and this is explicitly backed up by the junior novelization

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

We were talking about the novel scene and not the film clip, you pillock. When people brought up the novel sequence where Palpatine bent Mace's blade, you panicked and tried to find a similar instance for Valk and you came out with that. laughing out loud There was nothing to do with the instance described in this thread.

I wasn't trying to make a scene, just reminiscing of another funny experience. Too bad you couldn't swallow your pride and got offended. So you're the one who caused the scene. smile

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 11:38 PM