KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Malak vs General Grievous

Darth Malak vs General Grievous
Started by: slayne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
slayne
Revanite

Darth Malak vs General Grievous

Starting distance is 10 meters. Who wins and why?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 03:45 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

wrong forum

if malak isn't using stasis/tk from the start, GG

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
wrong forum

ik, my mistake

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 04:00 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Wait - Canon or Legends?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

legends malak doesn't get the oppurunity to do anything as grevious quickly overwhelms him, canon, beating Kenobi justifies winning a duel, and he's tanked superior force attacks from maul.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Wait - Canon or Legends?

legends

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 05:01 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Grievous blitzes.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 06:53 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Malak puts him in stasis and butchers him.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 06:55 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Nah.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 06:56 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Given how liberally Malak uses the technique, and how he can casually put Bastila, Carth, and even Revan in stasis, I don't see why that doesn't get him the sure victory here. thumb up

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 06:58 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Grievous wins.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 06:58 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Given how liberally Malak uses the technique, and how he can casually put Bastila, Carth, and even Revan in stasis, I don't see why that doesn't get him the sure victory here. thumb up

Because that relies on the assumption that Malak can pull off a stasis technique more quickly then Mace can apply TK.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 07:06 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Not really. there's multiple instances throughout, say, TCW, where Grevious was tagged by the TK of vastly inferior force users to LoE Mace, and even times where Jedi easily had opportunities to tag Grevious with TK, but didn't. Unless you're arguing that Grevious literally got so much faster from early-mid TCW to LoE that he goes from being TK'd by the likes of Eeth Koth and Kenobi, to being too fast for Windu to effectively TK (I don't even know what this means, given that even ROTS Kenobi found an opening to TK Grevious).

Meanwhile Malak can literally put Revan in stasis mid-combat while also having to release his stasis on Bastila and Carth. Malak as one of the most skilled and powerful sith lords in Galactic History, who's also implied to be a better duelist than Revan by Drew, (and even gave Darth Revan a close duel pretty far pre-prime), will be capable of putting General Grevious in stasis, especially when the starting distance is 10 meters. thumb up

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 07:22 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Grevious went undamaged by Maul's telekentic blasts+a massive fall in sod and then walked through mother talzin's force shield, a simple blast from Malak isn't sufficient, it has to be a grip or something like stasis.

So the question becomes, can grevious close the distance before Malak uses statis? If s, he wins, if not, he loses.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Not really. there's multiple instances throughout, say, TCW, where Grevious was tagged by the TK of vastly inferior force users to LoE Mace, and even times where Jedi easily had opportunities to tag Grevious with TK, but didn't.

TCW being Grievous before his prime. As of LoE prior to receiving his injury from Mace, he was capable of dodging Force blasts from multiple Jedi in a narrow hallway.

Unless you're arguing that Grevious literally got so much faster from early-mid TCW to LoE that he goes from being TK'd by the likes of Eeth Koth and Kenobi, to being too fast for Windu to effectively TK

I don't know about faster but he was definitely more skilled and experienced at combating enemy Force users which would've contributed to his ability to dodge Force blasts and the like. Was he ever tagged in TCW by TK that wasn't external? Because those are the only instances that would relevant if we're discussing a potential difference in TCW and late Clone Wars Grievous's speed.

Mace is perfectly willing to incapacitate or even kill Grievous as shown in the miniseries yet he chose to engage Grievous and cross the distance between them as the latter was pulling out his sabers despite having the length of a train car between them.

(I don't even know what this means, given that even ROTS Kenobi found an opening to TK Grevious).

After he'd unbalanced him by luring Grievous into a disadvantageous position and causing him to lose his focus. He's also noted to be familiar with the General's fighting style and, as we know, is a far more defensive fighter then Mace which would give him a greater opportunity to exploit an opening against Grievous.

"Jedi and cyborg fought briefly along a catwalk suspended over the lower levels of the hangar. By limiting Grievous' movement to the catwalk, Obi-Wan was able to neutralise the General's usually more ranging fighting style. Kenobi kept the fight close to the cyborg and, used to Grievous' moves now after so many encounters, it wasn't long before a clawed mechanical hand and the lightsaber it had once held clattered down onto the deck. Grievous was incensed. He launched a blistering attack, but his focus was gone. A matter of seconds later, he lost another hand and weapon." - The Official Star Wars Fact File Relaunched #39.

Meanwhile Malak can literally put Revan in stasis mid-combat while also having to release his stasis on Bastila and Carth.

Malak's ability to maintain his stasis while in a fight shows he is able to multi-task. It doesn't show that he can gather then energy to pull off a stasis while fighting off a lightsaber combatant of Grievous's caliber. That is, unless you're arguing that Revan at the time he was stasised by Malak is above Mace as a lightsaber combatant. smile

Malak as one of the most skilled and powerful sith lords in Galactic History,

That accolade is a dime a dozen so I'm finding it kind of hard to care.

who's also implied to be a better duelist than Revan by Drew,

Whether he's a better duelist or not is irrelevant since he's an inferior lightsaber combatant.

(and even gave Darth Revan a close duel pretty far pre-prime),

Assuming this is Malak without his Starforge amp and Jedi batteries. The amount he would've grown as a Force user between that duel and the end of KOTOR is unknown. I also find it interesting that you're willing to assume Malak and Revan's duel was "pretty close" because it was described as "desperate" yet you don't extend the same to Galen's Force engagement with Sidious that's described in the same manner. Seems like double standards to me.

will be capable of putting General Grevious in stasis, especially when the starting distance is 10 meters. thumb up

You're free to have that opinion but since I don't believe that Revan at the time he was stasised by Malak even approaches Mace as a lightsaber combatant and Mace had a far larger distance between himself and Grievous in the novel ( the standard length of a train car being 50ft ) and chose to cross that distance despite being perfectly willing to incapacitate Grievous with the Force ( as dictated by common sense and shown within the novel itself ), I'm going to assume that it is not within Malak's capabilities to do so.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Aug 5th, 2017 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 08:02 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

grevious gets scaling over maul so malak being one of the most skilled duelists in history is pointless to bring up

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 08:06 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Being "one of" the best is really irrelevant when we're taking about people who ARE the best.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 08:08 PM
toplel
Restricted

Account Restricted

grievous is the best?

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 08:13 PM
Click here to Send toplel a Private Message Find more posts by toplel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

He's a tier 25 duelist per Ant.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 08:19 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Malak wins via stasis.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote