KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is Emperor Vitiate Snoke?

Is Emperor Vitiate Snoke?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is Emperor Vitiate Snoke?

The Sith Emperor, as we know, was able to transfer his conscience to other bodies.

He has the "patience of stone" and "the will of the stars"

We know that Snoke saw the fall and rise of the Galactic Empire and is a powerful dark-side user.

Could he have simply "out-lived" Emperor Palpatine while secretly building his own first order empire?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

I had this idea a while back, and personally, there's a small part of me that HOPES it's Vitiate. But the chances of it are incredibly remote.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:35 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Different continuity...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthbane77
I had this idea a while back, and personally, there's a small part of me that HOPES it's Vitiate. But the chances of it are incredibly remote.

U like Vitiate but not Palpatine? sad

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 05:20 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by Azronger
U like Vitiate but not Palpatine? sad
I like Vitiate's outlook on things better, the fact that he doesn't care about ruling. His want to destroy the galaxy so that he can live countless lives and then be worshipped as a god was something I hadn't seen in many villains. As opposed to Sidious who was the stereotypical "I wanna kill the good guy and rule everything for no other reason than because that's my role" kind of villain. And I mean, I get that Palpatine is a much deeper character in the EU, but I just found his character in the films to be SOOOOOOOO ****ing boring, to the point where, when I discovered the EU, I didn't even give a shit that Palpatine was elaborated on more. And that isn't just for Palpatine honestly, that's for most of the characters in the films, the only characters from the movies that I actually really like in the EU, are Kenobi, Luke, and (to a lesser extent) Anakin.

I try to be as objective as I can when it comes to Palpatine in my rankings and in debates, and I still fully realize that the number of non-entities that are comparable to Sidious can be counted on one hand. But as for his personality and his character in general, I just can't get on board with him.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:03 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I will never understand why people think Vitiate is so unique, lmfao. Palpatine did the whole "nihilistic consumption and domination of the universe" thing first.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:19 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by darthbane77
I like Vitiate's outlook on things better, the fact that he doesn't care about ruling. His want to destroy the galaxy so that he can live countless lives and then be worshipped as a god was something I hadn't seen in many villains. As opposed to Sidious who was the stereotypical "I wanna kill the good guy and rule everything for no other reason than because that's my role" kind of villain. And I mean, I get that Palpatine is a much deeper character in the EU, but I just found his character in the films to be SOOOOOOOO ****ing boring, to the point where, when I discovered the EU, I didn't even give a shit that Palpatine was elaborated on more. And that isn't just for Palpatine honestly, that's for most of the characters in the films, the only characters from the movies that I actually really like in the EU, are Kenobi, Luke, and (to a lesser extent) Anakin.

I try to be as objective as I can when it comes to Palpatine in my rankings and in debates, and I still fully realize that the number of non-entities that are comparable to Sidious can be counted on one hand. But as for his personality and his character in general, I just can't get on board with him.

"I want to kill everything and have ultimate powah cuz reasons!" isn't stereotypical? :/

And what about Valkorion? He no longer wanted to destroy the galaxy and just rule Zakuul.

And you don't like Vader?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:45 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

^yup. Palpatines end goal was a better version of Vitiates plan. Instead of fully consuming the Galaxy he would have fashioned it into a full on DS nexus like Byss, subconsciously controlling the entire galaxy as they feed his now unlimited power. He will then use his "Dark Empire" to spread to other Galaxies, most likely unopposed and become a literal God. In the ROTJ novelization Palpatine muses how the blackness of the Universe was an extension of him, he being the very core. In Dark Empire he wanted that dream to be reality.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 06:45 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yeah, it's been stated by omniscient narrators and Palpatine himself that his end goal is absolute omnipotence and dominion over the entire universe itself.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 07:23 AM
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Honestly, I want Snoke to be Plagueis.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 10:37 AM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by thesithmaster
Honestly, I want Snoke to be Plagueis.
kys

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by Sinious
kys

Why sad

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 05:56 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote