KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)

Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Warning Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)

http://i.imgur.com/am6Mitv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X1ygJzZ.jpg

Credit to DarthSkywalker0 for the exchange.

Anywho, he does confirm it is Legends.

Curiously, he also notes he no longer considers Malak above Kun, but I question the relevance of his opinion once the blog was posted since he has no continued relation with the characters.

Regardless, as someone who doesn't take quotes as absolute, I take this as proof that Malak wouldn't be stomped by Kun by any means, and could perhaps contend with him in battle.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 1st, 2017 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

I take back my previous comments on this narrative.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:20 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yup. Malak > Kun is official.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Revan is raised immensely.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:27 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Huh. Guess that confirms for me that nexuses have a multiplicative effect. Revan really is around Vitiate's level without external circumstances. I'd also say that's heavy indication that SoR Revan's spirit being split did in fact weaken him.

Alright, GG. Revan is Galen level now. Good for him.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:45 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Re: Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Curiously, he also notes he no longer considers Malak above Kun, but I question the relevance of his opinion once the blog was posted since he has no continued relation with the characters.

Que? He literally says he'd still side with Malak.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:45 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Re: Re: Malak > Kun Quote - Confirmed (Death of Beni?)

Originally posted by Selenial
Que? He literally says he'd still side with Malak.

Somehow I read him say, "I'd side with Kun."

LMFAO.

Damn, this is even better. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

The title is implying Beni was still alive.
0/10 thread

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

LMAO at raising Malak when we really should just lower Kun. His wank was unreal.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:02 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

"At the time."

Welp, I was in the process of preparing a response but it looks like the author's made my life easier. Guess you can keep your dollars DC. sad

Now here is the article in question "at the time":

http://web.archive.org/web/20090603...sw20031009malak

Here is the official campaign guide entry released 5 years later:

https://i.imgur.com/Z30uH1d.png

https://i.imgur.com/KCi5U92.png

Note, no mention of his superiority over Nadd & Exar, and instead of possessing powers "out of proportion" his stats are not only beneath Kun's but almost the lowest of the bunch. laughing out loud

I guess that's what you'd call a retcon. :'(

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
LMAO at raising Malak when we really should just lower Kun. His wank was unreal.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 07:59 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

So taking into account Tom Veitch's statements that makes Revan>Malak>Kun>DE Sidious.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Beniboybling
"At the time."

Welp, I was in the process of preparing a response but it looks like the author's made my life easier. Guess you can keep your dollars DC. sad

Now here is the article in question "at the time":

http://web.archive.org/web/20090603...sw20031009malak

Here is the official campaign guide entry released 5 years later:

https://i.imgur.com/Z30uH1d.png

https://i.imgur.com/KCi5U92.png

Note, no mention of his superiority over Nadd & Exar, and instead of possessing powers "out of proportion" his stats are not only beneath Kun's but almost the lowest of the bunch. laughing out loud

I guess that's what you'd call a retcon. :'(

Cory's comment about "at the time" means that it was official canon (i.e. part of the classic Expanded Universe) back then, but is now classified as Legends due to Disney's purge, as he clarifies in his following sentence.

The other quotes you brought up here do not contradict the notion of Malak > Kun. Omission is not a contradiction. There is no retcon.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Unbowed
So taking into account Tom Veitch's statements that makes Revan>Malak>Kun>DE Sidious.

Well, yes, but no reason to take those into account.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 08:29 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Kun > Post Nathema Vitiate. :>

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 08:34 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

@Az, the article predates KOTORCG anyway so that's irrelevant, which drastically revised his standing in the game to reflect is (lack of) "disproportionate" powers - a retcon yeah. Malak sucks. sad

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Jesus, Beni taking so many L's he's falling back on campaign guide stats.

This is kinda sad to watch erm

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

It's perfect.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Selenial
falling back on campaign guide stats.

Far be it for me to take up for Beni of all people, but didn't Leland Chee state RPG stats are based on facts, and that Star Wars authors look to them for knowledge on characters?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Beniboybling
@Az, the article predates KOTORCG anyway so that's irrelevant, which drastically revised his standing in the game to reflect is (lack of) "disproportionate" powers - a retcon yeah. Malak sucks. sad

Nope. KotORCG stats is based on the 2007's Saga Edition. This is based on the 2000's version.

Your argument believes the following sources are non-canon by virtue of retcon:

- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

Since they are sourcebooks that have stats that don't remotely reflect those posted in the Saga Edition.

So, in short, the fact stats change doesn't mean the character descriptions are void, nor does it mean the earlier stats are null.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Sep 1st, 2017 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 09:49 PM