KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Just Kyber crystals?!

Just Kyber crystals?!
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

Just Kyber crystals?!

In Catalyst, we learned about how Galen Erso worked on weaponizing Kyber crystals. First off. Is their society so unadvanced that they are messing around with crystals? Okay they are supposed to fuel the Death Star and are part of the plot, I just find it so strange that FTL travel would be perfected centuries before figuring out the properties of kyber crystals. Anyway, my other complaint was that in the novel, Catalyst, we didn't catch glimpses of what the other scientists that are employed by the Empire are working on. I would love to have known what the Iktochi scientist who Galen got into a fist fight with was working on.

Anyway, my question is. What possible other things could the scientists of the Empire be researching and working on besides kyber crystals? I don't think teleportation or time travel because by the time of the novel Phasma and the Force Awakens novelization, these things are hinted to be impossible. I also don't think matter replication is a viable idea since it would create a post-scarcity society and the Empire would probably try to surpluses all research of that technology. A wormhole gate appeared in the Han Solo comic but nobody seems to be doing anything with it and it was said to be ancient technology too complicated to figure out

So what's left? What else could scientists be working to achieve during the time of the Empire? Any and all ideas besides the ones I mentioned are welcomed.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

well the properties of the crystals weren't explored because before the Empire they were exclusive property of the Jedi Order that was used only for lightsaber construction; even the Sith didn't have access to them and depending on what story you read about the blood crystals they were either artificially created or stolen from Jedi outright

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:09 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
well the properties of the crystals weren't explored because before the Empire they were exclusive property of the Jedi Order that was used only for lightsaber construction; even the Sith didn't have access to them and depending on what story you read about the blood crystals they were either artificially created or stolen from Jedi outright

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:08 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

The novel actually goes into that. ^

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 04:08 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote