KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Admiral Holdo respect thread

Admiral Holdo respect thread
Started by: Big Gerald

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

Admiral Holdo respect thread

We must honor this brave woman who provided a perfect foil to garbage characters like Kylo Ren and Snoke. She is a beacon of rationality, courage, and excellent hair aesthetics. Discuss.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Her hair was stupid.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Her hair was stupid.

Someone's jealous they cant get that V I O L E T A E S T H E T I C

Can you at least admit she is the Qui-Gon Jinn to Snoke's Jar Jar

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Big Gerald a Private Message Find more posts by Big Gerald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Nah I actually liked Snoke more as a character than Holdo.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

Nah I actually liked Snoke more as a character than Holdo.

Why?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:46 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Largely because Andy Serkis is a phenomenal actor and seeing a self-righteous person with dyed hair gives off... a very specific vibe...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:50 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Holdo was a b1tch. Allahu-akbaring was the best thing she did.
Her hair was stupid.

this too.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

Largely because Andy Serkis is a phenomenal actor and seeing a self-righteous person with dyed hair gives off... a very specific vibe...

Self sacrifice is a bad trait now? confused

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:53 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Big Gerald
Self sacrifice is a bad trait now? confused

By self-righteous I meant her **** you attitude towards Poe, not her final act.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:55 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I don't think Holdo's snarkiness towards Poe was that unwarranted, honestly. He was kind of being a presumptuous *******.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 06:59 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I don't think Holdo's snarkiness towards Poe was that unwarranted, honestly. He was kind of being a presumptuous *******.

I expect him to get court martialed the next movie after all that stuff he pulled.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:02 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I doubt he will, though he should.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:04 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big Gerald
Star Wars Expert

^Nice to have some sensible comments in these threads

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:10 AM
UCanShootMyNova

His actions were perfectly reasonable given they didn't tell him anything.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:18 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I liked her. She should have had that role filled by Admiral Ackbar (RIP) though. Would have been a hell of send off, engaging those Star Destroyers at point-blank range. *wipes tear*

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:21 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
His actions were perfectly reasonable given they didn't tell him anything.
I was referring to Poe's attitude when he first confronted Holdo, which consisted of an overbearing nosiness and presumption that he needed to know what was happening. And his following actions were definitely not "perfectly reasonable," lol.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:27 AM
UCanShootMyNova

I was referring to Poe's attitude when he first confronted Holdo, which consisted of an overbearing nosiness and presumption that he needed to know what was happening. And his following actions were definitely not "perfectly reasonable," lol.

Asking what the plan for their survival was was being "nosy and presumptuous?" :/

Would appreciate an explanation for why you think they weren't.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:30 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

The coolest thing Holdo did was die.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:35 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Asking what the plan for their survival was was being "nosy and presumptuous?" :/

Would appreciate an explanation for why you think they weren't.
The way he came across gave that vibe, which is why I'm not being hard on Holdo's response to him. She should have made clear what the plan was, yeah, but at the end of the day, she technically didn't have to.

You really want me to explain why mutiny isn't a "perfectly reasonable" response for not being on the in with strategy? LOL.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:38 AM
UCanShootMyNova

[[The way he came across gave that vibe, which is why I'm not being hard on Holdo's response to him.]]

Translation: "He was committing micro-aggressions so Holdo was justified in not telling him anything and potentially putting the mission at risk as a result."

[[She should have made clear what the plan was, yeah, but at the end of the day, she technically didn't have to.]]

I don't care if she technically didn't have to. Not doing so was stupid. And I dislike the way the movie tries to place the blame on Poe in order to excuse her for that.

[[You really want me to explain why mutiny isn't a "perfectly reasonable" response for not being on the in with strategy? LOL.]]

Tbh I would. If the strategy appears to be to continue running until they're sitting ducks and all dead then I don't see what's wrong with temporarily relieving her of command to save the Resistance. Unless you're telling me you should "obey/trust your officers regardless of their orders."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:55 AM