KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sheev Palpatine vs Lumiya - Final Fight (WITH POLL)

Is this a good showing for Sheev?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, it's quite impressive. 1 14.29%
Meh, it doesn't matter. 1 14.29%
No, it's pretty disappointing. 5 71.43%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sheev Palpatine vs Lumiya - Final Fight (WITH POLL)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Sheev Palpatine vs Lumiya - Final Fight (WITH POLL)

"Come on, Sheev, try to finish the job. Cosinga would have wanted that, yes?" Lumiya reached up to her face and tore away the veil that covered everything but her eyes. Then she reached behind her back and slowly drew out her lightwhip. "And this isn't to make you feel shame for the extent of my injuries. I just want you to see who you're fighting."

"I'm seeing." Sheev drew his lightsaber and temporary comfort flooded him. "And this ends here."

He knew the lightwhip by now. He'd relied on the shoto as an extra weapon in the past to counter the whip's twin elements of matter and energy, but he was flooded with a new confidence that he could take her with just the lightsaber that had always stood between him and darkness. Holding it two-handed over his head, he rotated it slowly, stalking around her.

Lumiya raised her arm to flick the whip and get the momentum for the forward stroke. And then she cracked it, sending forks of dark energy crackling into the ground at his feet, making him jump back before he sprang forward again and brought the lightsaber around in a right-to-left arc that she parried with the whip's handle. He leapt out of range of the whirling tails again and again, then she paused and he edged closer again.

"You hate me that much?" he asked.

"I don't hate you at all."

"You killed him. You killed Cosinga. He was mine to kill."

"Nothing personal." She looked as if she was smiling, but the movement was around her eyes rather than her cybernetic mouth. "Just doing what I swore an oath to Plagueis to do. To serve the dark side. Oaths matter, Sheev. They're all you're left with in the end."

She drew back her arm and brought the lightwhip crackling through the air, missing Sheev by centimeters. He lunged at her again and again, driven back each time. She'd slow sooner or later.

But so would he.

Then, as she began to raise her arm again, he ran at her, so close in that she couldn't get the whip traveling at its maximum lethal speed. He forced her back, step by step, as she tried to maintain the distance she needed.

One—two—three—four; she blocked him, handle held this way, then that, using the whip like a short lightsaber to deflect him, but Sheev didn't pause or shift direction to wrong-foot her. He drove her like a battering ram toward the edge of the mesa, pushing her within meters, then a step, of the edge.

Lumiya held the whip handle in both hands like a staff and blocked his downward sweep. For a moment they were locked in a stalemate, pushing against each other and grunting with the effort, with only the sounds of exertion because they had nothing left to say to each other.

Her rear foot began to slide backward as she struggled for purchase. The edge of the mesa was cracked and fissured. The smooth glittering stone began to crumble.

Sheev reached out and caught her hand as she fell, whip tumbling and bouncing down the steep rock face into oblivion. He leaned back, all his weight on his heels, knuckles clenched white with the strain of holding her weight, and for a second he wanted to see her face dwindling as she fell to her death, mouth open in a scream, but that wasn't the way to end this.

"I'd never let you fall," Sheev said, and pulled her back to safety. As she straightened up, he looked her in the eyes—calm, eerily calm—and swung his lightsaber in a single decapitating arc.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

(please log in to view the image)

thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 11:08 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Man, Palpatine really degraded after not using a lightsaber for 30-some years.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 11:11 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Sheev also got killed by getting shot in the chest (by Han Solo).

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 11:12 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Valkorion > Empire's End II Sheev, yeah.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 11:13 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

Thoughts on this Sheev vs Lumiya fight?

Were you impressed by Sheev's performance?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 11:13 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
thumb up

Thoughts on this Sheev vs Lumiya fight?

Were you impressed by Sheev's performance?

Normally I'd just chalk it up to jobbing but this puts the nail in the coffin:

Valkorion paused, for he saw something else, as well; something he hadn't seen before in the Emperor. Fear.
Valkorion saw fear in Palpatine —fear of Valkorion. Fear of Valkorion power, fear that this power could be turned on him—on the Emperor—in the same way Revan had turned it on Vader. Valkorion saw this fear in the Emperor—and he knew, now, the odds had shifted slightly. He had glimpsed Palpatine's nakedest self.

Valkorion oneshots thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 11:17 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 28th, 2017 11:18 PM
An_Sock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's the real truth. Luke is just a yuge jobber.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 02:10 AM
Click here to Send An_Sock a Private Message Find more posts by An_Sock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Not_a_sock
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's meh.

Notable I guess but nothing more.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 02:58 AM
Click here to Send Not_a_sock a Private Message Find more posts by Not_a_sock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Where's this even from?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 03:04 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

It's just the Luke vs Lumiya fight with a few name changes. I guess it's just a way of demonstrating how embarassing Luke's performance was by changing Luke to a character most wouldn't even comprehend struggling against Lumiya.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Why do people find this embarrassing? He kills her within a few exchanges. erm

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Lol

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 03:33 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Star Wars isn't an anime. No, Sidious can't beat infinite Vaders.

I'd return the "lol" but this seems to be your life's work, so I'll respectfully refrain, my good man.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 04:01 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

You're high as ****.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 04:09 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Trocity on Dec 29th, 2017 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 04:10 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You're high as ****.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 04:36 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Normally I'd just chalk it up to jobbing but this puts the nail in the coffin:

Valkorion paused, for he saw something else, as well; something he hadn't seen before in the Emperor. Fear.
Valkorion saw fear in Palpatine —fear of Valkorion. Fear of Valkorion power, fear that this power could be turned on him—on the Emperor—in the same way Revan had turned it on Vader. Valkorion saw this fear in the Emperor—and he knew, now, the odds had shifted slightly. He had glimpsed Palpatine's nakedest self.

Valkorion oneshots thumb up

^ for those who don't get the reference I did the same thing with the RotJ novelization passage where Luke senses Palpatine is scared of his power.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2017 04:37 AM