KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » As the KMC:SW EU and VS forum is nearing its end, who were its biggest influencers?

As the KMC:SW EU and VS forum is nearing its end, who were its biggest influencers?
Started by: SourBlackie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SourBlackie

As the KMC:SW EU and VS forum is nearing its end, who were its biggest influencers?

Who were the top 10 most influential posters on this subboard, that helped shape its style, image and beliefs the most throughout its history, in your opinion? And why? Examples are Lightsnake, Gideon and Nebaris, but has newer members like Ant and Azronger done enough to warrant a spot on the list?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:37 PM
Click here to Send SourBlackie a Private Message Find more posts by SourBlackie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Quanchi

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Hopefully it's not nearing its end; nonetheless:

Lightsnake
Gideon
Ant
Skillz
Carthage

In no particular order. Lightsnake and Gideon for defeating the Antedeluvians, Ant for bringing in the Revan/TOR wank, Skillz for the hangouts and I guess I'm giving him some credit for bringing in the wave of people from StarWarsForums, and Carthage for his Bane dies trolling.

This obviously doesn't mean those are the five best debaters, though sans carthage they're all really good.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 08:43 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:39 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pessimystic
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've never even seen Azronger debate. Ant has done enough, Gideon has as well. But Nai will always be the greatest.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Pessimystic a Private Message Find more posts by Pessimystic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SourBlackie

Nephthys is also a contender. His name always pops up when you think of KMC SW. The only thing he lacks is that he hasn't really made his mark posting-wise, as in swaying opinions or the like.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:43 PM
Click here to Send SourBlackie a Private Message Find more posts by SourBlackie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Not to bash on Azronger, but I'm not sure why he's really being brought up here. He's not really doing anything new or different; he's just imitating classic Tempest, Silver, and Intrepid-style debating. He's doing it pretty faithfully too, no doubt, but it's hardly shaking up the KMC formula.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Quanchi

If we were talking KMC as a whole, I'd say "unironically this," but Quanchi can't be relegated simply to the Star Wars board.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Lightsnake
Gideon
Ant
Skillz
Carthage

Can't comment on Lightsnake, since I don't spend my days lurking pre-2008 KMC threads, but obviously Gideon is going to be up there.

Ant definitely is too, although I'd say your reason for including him is nonsense; Revan wank was alive and well before Ant. More importantly, though, he's had a heavy hand in pretty much everything that's gone on here since 2013.

Although I wasn't really very involved with the migration of SWF members to KMC, I wouldn't say Skillz would be the one to credit for it. He was the first to join, but that was back in 2012. If anyone was to be credited for the movement that lead to everyone else joining, it would be DMB or Ant.

Agreed on Carthage (and naturally, his forebear Intrepid as well).

quote:
Originally posted by SourBlackie
Nephthys is also a contender. His name always pops up when you think of KMC SW. The only thing he lacks is that he hasn't really made his mark posting-wise, as in swaying opinions or the like.

There might also be some truth to this. Nephthys may well be pre-2014 KMC SWVF's best and brightest mascot.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 09:19 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Quanchi
Or as someone dubbed me Quanchi the unyielding. I will devour Ellimist's soul.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:59 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yeah, I wouldn't list myself as one of the top influencers; I'm just trying to live up to my Master and carry on his legacy. However, Syndicate blames me for killing the forum because I "brought objectivity" here (don't ask me), so perhaps he would like to have a few words to say?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 07:58 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Lightsnake, Gideon, Me, Ant, Carthage/Intrepid, LeG. No order.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 08:02 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

What did LeGenD influence?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 08:09 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

LeG is the reason there are SWTOR forums members here. I was the middle man, as per usual.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 08:11 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Ah yes, I remember that thread. Respect Nomi Sunrider, folks.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 08:13 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
LeG is the reason there are SWTOR forums members here. I was the middle man, as per usual.

Technically that's not wrong, but I'd argue that Ant played a bigger role in that than LeGenD did. At least as I recall it, they came over here to argue with Ant, who was going on a crusade over AP's fake quotes.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jan 4th, 2018 at 09:05 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 09:02 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

^ Shouldn't AP be up there as well?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:39 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

What did AP do except make bad arguments and forge quotes?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 02:15 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Technically that's not wrong, but I'd argue that Ant played a bigger role in that than LeGenD did. At least as I recall it, they came over here to argue with Ant, who was going on a crusade over AP's fake quotes.

To be fair, I’m the only reason Beni and Aurbere actually came and stayed. I’d say Ant and Skillz brought me on about as much as each other, Skillz was actually cute af and I don’t think I’d have bothered if I thought you were all as douchey as 12 year old Ant, but at the same time he was the persistent one

And in their defence, I think Aurb (rip) and Beni had seen the light on AP by the time they arrived. Maybe not Aurb tho.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote:
I don’t think I’d have bothered if I thought you were all as douchey as 12 year old Ant
we made a mistake, yeah.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 02:41 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by Selenial
Skillz was actually cute af

Still am, hun. smile

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 05:53 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lightsnake, Gideon, Me, Ant, Carthage/Intrepid, LeG. No order.

Didn't you blame Carthage for killing the forum?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 06:06 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Lightsnake, Gideon, Nai thumb up

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote