KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » One trilogy to rule them all

Which trilogy do you prefer ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Original Trilogy 30 73.17%
Prequel Trilogy 8 19.51%
New Trilogy 3 7.32%
Total: 41 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

One trilogy to rule them all
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

One trilogy to rule them all

If you had to pick one trilogy and I get the third one is only 2/3 complete which trilogy would you favor and why. Explain yourselves and try not be triggered by differences of opinions.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:31 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The OT is the core of Star Wars, it's the untouchable center of everything.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:48 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

there is only one right answer to this lmao

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 01:26 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

prequels yeah

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 01:34 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Pretzels

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:01 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
prequels yeah
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The new movies feel more like "my" trilogy than the others. I dislike the prequels and the OT was well before my time. Watching the new films as they come out makes me invested in the new ones more.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Finally a great answer. It's the NT by far. Snoke and Kylo are fantastic villains. Snoke is what kept Hux and Kylo in line. Both respected him and listened. With how the film ended barring unforeseen variables it will be an interesting dynamic since both would kill each other at the first opportune moment. I imagine hope will build up into a huge rebellion and the First Order will be in an all out war trying to bully those who resist their iron rule. This trilogy makes the speculation far more interesting because with the prequels we knew how it ended barring a few details.

The Ot was never my bag. It's vastly overrated and I'm not blinded by nostalgia. ANH is poorly acted and hasn't aged well at all. Most confuse sosmthing that started it all as somehow default great when it doesn't stack up well over time. It's great that the movie took place because of the later work but on its own as a film sub par compared to most of the films. Thus far both finales have been my favorite films of each trilogy but with my love affair with the Last Jedi that'll be a tough order to follow.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:21 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm going to get hate for this but Prequels

Let me explain. I appreciate the OT for what it is—after all we wouldn't have the other two trilogies if it wasn't for it—but I can't deny that ANH was a limited-budget, bad acting film with numerous flaws. Quanchi mentioned this before, but it's not an original story line. It's based off of an ancient Greek story (can't remember atm) and an old Japanese film. ESB and RotJ have great emotional aspects to them with interesting details, but they never really clicked with me. I didn't grow up with the OT, so the pop-culture piece was never present. I saw them for what the are.

I grew up with the prequels. Yes TPM and AotC are sh1t objectively speaking, but as a child, I didn't care. Big explosions, lasers, and action stood apart from the dragging moments in ESB. People like HelloGreedo will continue to bash on the prequels until the day they die, but you can't deny that they set up the atmosphere for Star WARS not star drama, or star rebels. For me, the Clone Wars lived up to the name of the franchise. Two equally matched sides going at it with armies of robots, clones, advanced technology, etc. RotS is a gem whose plot-line took me down an emotional rollercoaster that I couldn't say the same for the OT.

The new trilogy is something else alltogether. It appeals to a different generation of people and incorporates themes that we've never seen before in the previous movies. They're far more comical (or at least they try to) and light-hearted although they have their dark moments. So far it's my least favorite trilogy due to the aforementioned reasons, but certain aspects appeal to me. The special affects are definitely the first—I feel emerged in a space battle. Additionally some characters stand out like Snoke, Captain Phasma, and Beneicio Del Toro's character (stuttering guy).

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The OT are better films by far, although I prefer the setting and characters of the PT. NT can rot to death in a mould-infested shit-heap.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 03:51 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by ILS
The OT are better films by far, although I prefer the setting and characters of the PT. NT can rot to death in a mould-infested shit-heap.

Could not agree more.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

As someone who grew up watching the prequels, OCW, and TCW, the PT.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

OT has the best films.

PT and surrounding content arguably have the best world building.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:11 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

To me, PT, TCW is the renaissance of the sci-fi aspect of SW while OT is the dark-ages

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:22 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Re: One trilogy to rule them all

Originally posted by quanchi112
and try not be triggered by differences of opinions.
what if their opinion is wrong

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 05:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Since my subjects want to be able to disrespect those who think differently I'm going to allow it.

I'm going to attack Ellimist for loving the Ot's. Brb.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:35 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Ellimist
OT has the best films.

PT and surrounding content arguably have the best world building.
No, the Ot doesn't have the best films you nostalgic fueled goon. Are you able to think for yourself or do you just randomly go stand in line clueless as to why you are even in it.

What films from the Ot do you even love from the Ot's ? Only one worth a damn is Rotj. ESB is so overrated it causes anger in my superior body. If you say ESB I'll fight you.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:39 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

rip elm

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 08:01 PM
Zenwolf

No, the Ot doesn't have the best films you nostalgic fueled goon. Are you able to think for yourself or do you just randomly go stand in line clueless as to why you are even in it.

What films from the Ot do you even love from the Ot's ? Only one worth a damn is Rotj. ESB is so overrated it causes anger in my superior body. If you say ESB I'll fight you.

You realize that you just became a huge hypocrite as per your own OP right?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 08:09 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
You realize that you just became a huge hypocrite as per your own OP right?

Since my subjects want to be able to disrespect those who think differently I'm going to allow it.

I'm going to attack Ellimist for loving the Ot's. Brb.
Beni asked and I granted. I am a truly wise and fair King.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 08:16 PM