KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Where do you rank these characters in terms of combat speed?

Where do you rank these characters in terms of combat speed?
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Where do you rank these characters in terms of combat speed?

How do you rank the following characters in terms of combat speed?

Rank them in order 1-10 from the fastest to the slowest in terms of combat speed.

In no particual order:

- General Grievous
- DoE Bane
- RotS Anakin
- SF Malak
- Ulic
- Valkorion
- Plagueis
- Yoda
- Kit Fisto
- Coleman Trebor

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

From fastest to slowest:

Yoda
Anakin
Plagueis
General Grievous
SF Malak
DoE Bane
Ulic
Valkorion
Kit Fisto
Coleman Trebor

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 03:06 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Yeah, pretty much my list. thumb up I am torn between Fisto and Valkorion switching places tbh.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirion_Of_Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

bane is legit the slowest here lol.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Sirion_Of_Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Sirion_Of_Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

wtf why is Fisto so low? this dude is so underrated it's a joke

1. Yoda
2/3. RotS Anakin / Plagueis
4/5. Kit Fisto / Grievous
6/7. Ulic Qel-Droma / SF Malak
8. Valkorion
9. DoE Bane
10. Coleman Trebor

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 03:33 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

- RotS Anakin
- Valkorion
- Yoda
- Plagueis
- SF Malak
- Ulic
- DoE Bane
- Kit Fisto
- Coleman Trebor

Not sure where to put Grievous.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

What speed feats put Valkorion above the likes of Yoda/Plagueis etc?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 04:00 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I haven't been that interested in speed feats since 2013.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I see.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 04:01 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I haven't seen a convincing argument on why combat power and speed shouldn't be directly correlated

I need further elaboration of ILS' example of Durron. I don't recall Durron ever fighting with his powers unleashed. Before Kun, he had yet to unlock his raw power After Kun, he intentionally curbed his power as stated in NJO.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 04:04 PM
Sirion_Of_Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I haven't seen a convincing argument on why combat power and speed shouldn't be directly correlated

Malgus was slower than Aryn Leneer, but I think you would agree that he was more powerful than her. TPM Kenobi was also faster than Qui-Gon, and again, I don't think you'd disagree that Qui-Gon was more powerful than Kenobi at that point.

Food for thought.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Sirion_Of_Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Sirion_Of_Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

thumb up

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 05:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Sirion_Of_Doom
Malgus was slower than Aryn Leneer, but I think you would agree that he was more powerful than her. TPM Kenobi was also faster than Qui-Gon, and again, I don't think you'd disagree that Qui-Gon was more powerful than Kenobi at that point.

Food for thought.

Oh? Apparently you drank too much crocodile semen again and your feeble brain forgot the beatdown I gave to you here about how TPM Obi-Wan is not faster than Qui-Gon without any sort of rage amplification.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

- RotS Anakin
- Valkorion
- Yoda
- Plagueis
- SF Malak
- Ulic
- DoE Bane
- Kit Fisto
- Coleman Trebor

Not sure where to put Grievous.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 05:15 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirion_Of_Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger
Oh? Apparently you drank too much crocodile semen again and your feeble brain forgot the beatdown I gave to you

+10 for creativity

about how TPM Obi-Wan is not faster than Qui-Gon without any sort of rage amplification.

This is the exact quote:

quote:
The Phantom Menace
But Obi-Wan, while not so experienced as Qui-Gon, was quicker. Anticipating each blow, he was able to elude his antagonist's efforts to bring him down.

Nowhere does the text state that Obi-Wan is slower than Qui-Gon without his rage amp, nor does it suggest that his rage amp is instrumental to him being faster than Qui-Gon. To my point, the way that the text ''compares'' him to Qui-Gon - his masters experience against his own speed, indicates that these are simply advantages that they are used to having over each other. Then rage!Kenobi's superior performance against Maul, compared to Qui-Gon, is justified by his advantage (speed) being more important compared to Qui-Gon's advantage (experience).

I guess, to address that part of your post;

quote:
Az, in the thread he linked
I didn’t miss it; I simply elected to ignore it because I didn’t think it worth including as it reveals nothing about the fight that is relevant.

That said, Leneer was still faster than Malgus in Deceived, so your original point is moot regardless.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 05:47 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Respond to me in the actual thread, not here.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirion_Of_Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Respond to me in the actual thread, not here.

Too late. But feel free to not respond, you're not obliged to. I'm not particularly interested in continuing that topic.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 06:46 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Sirion_Of_Doom

Food for thought.

Jinn's a specific, inconsistent issue where sources associate his aging with a loss of speed, despite with what we know of Dooku and Sidious.

I imagine quotes exist stating Jinn moves faster than Obi-Wan, anyway.

I'm interested in the Malgus example, though. It may be because he prioritizes excess energy to strength, being a Sith Warrior. Care to elaborate?

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 07:03 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

It may be because he prioritizes excess energy to strength, being a Sith Warrior.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vitiate prioritizes things differently too, as I'm sure you know

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 07:11 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Sure, but he should instantly be able to prioritize to speed if need-be.

That's how Force Speed (shown in TPM) presumably works. A Jedi devotes all power to speed for a short burst.

Using Force Speed in battle is likely more harmful than helpful, but devoting enough energy to, say, dodge Maul is within his capabilities.

Although it should be noted Revan has employed Force Speed in combat, so Vitiate might too as well, lol.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 07:15 PM