KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Drew: Kun > Revan & Malak

Drew: Kun > Revan & Malak
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Drew: Kun > Revan & Malak

Upon asking about the claims made by Jolee Bindo, Drew clarified that Exar Kun is in fact more powerful than either Revan or Malak.

Attachment: screenshot_20180324-100013.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:17 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

AP I really don't like the Malak>Kun shit either, but this is just reaching.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:23 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You're talking about Ant wanking KotOR. There's no limit to stretching.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:25 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Jolee Bindo and a Random Merchant, two people who have never met Malak or Prime Revan(one not even being Force Sensitive), or an out of universe source? Really makes you think. This one is actually well beyond pathetic. Even for you.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:39 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

This is literally Drew confirming that their statements are accurate.

Don't come over here with your double-standard BS when Ant's been doing similar stuff for years.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:42 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

First, that's not what the statement says, even if that's what he means. "Even more terrifying and dangerous," to "Keep the player's imagination alive," does not mean more powerful. And regardless of Drew's wishes, Chee is keeper of the holocron. Move on with life. Kun is below Malak, and no amount of hamster-wheel will change that.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:45 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

In the very beginning he states that this was about how powerful characters were. In an answer to the question of what was meant by their statements. What he says is clear, far clearer than the ambiguous statement you and the others like to parade around as a clear objective fact to suit your wank agenda.

Literally everything buy a single interpretation of a web supplement is working against your hard shouldering. Your opinion is the outlier here. And no, screaming 'Leland Chee' incoherently won't do you any good when an actual statement from him about power levels contradicts the notion entirely.

Take the L.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 03:25 AM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
In the very beginning he states that this was about how powerful characters were. In an answer to the question of what was meant by their statements. What he says is clear, far clearer than the ambiguous statement you and the others like to parade around as a clear objective fact to suit your wank agenda.

Literally everything buy a single interpretation of a web supplement is working against your hard shouldering. Your opinion is the outlier here. And no, screaming 'Leland Chee' incoherently won't do you any good when an actual statement from him about power levels contradicts the notion entirely.

Take the L.

Drew doesn't have the authority to make said statement. He is one of the many writers on KOTOR and does not have knowledge of LFL's plans. Not that you are even interpreting this right in the first place. And the statement in question is clearly referring power as confirmed by Herndon.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:15 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
does not have knowledge of LFL's plans.

Implying Herndon does?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:27 AM
Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by JMANGO
Implying Herndon does?

Completely irrelevant. Herndon is clarifying the meaning of what is on the page whereas Drew is making his own assumptions based on in-universe statements. And, yes Herndon has worked with Chee on multiple occasions.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:39 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Drew doesn't have the authority to make said statement. He is one of the many writers on KOTOR and does not have knowledge of LFL's plans. Not that you are even interpreting this right in the first place. And the statement in question is clearly referring power as confirmed by Herndon.

He has all the authority in the world on this matter, he used a world-building writing technique that confirms that Revan and Malak weren't as powerful, terrifying and dangerous as Exar Kun was. That's as clear as possible.

Herndon confirmed nothing but the fact that LFL reviewed the supplement and that he still thinks Malak wins in a fight against Exar Kun.

Herndon has no authority on any of the characters involved, Drew Karpyshyn as Lead Writer does. Tom Veitch and KJA do as well. Their affirmations are far more credible on these matters.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 05:00 AM
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

Completely irrelevant. Herndon is clarifying the meaning of what is on the page whereas Drew is making his own assumptions based on in-universe statements. And, yes Herndon has worked with Chee on multiple occasions.

The strikedthrough parts are irrelevant given that's not what I was asking about. Now regarding Herndon knowing LFL's plans and how it relates to the Malak > Kun quote. I have bad news for you, Leland specifically made it clear that LFL never expanded on a ranking of which characters are more powerful than others. So it's very very likely that the Malak > Kun quote came soley from the mind of Corey Herndon's as a way to promote material with Malak in it. I think I pointed out this quote to you before, here it is again :

quote:
"I don't know for sure but I would imagine that there are no hard and fast lists about which Sith are the most powerful. "Most Powerful" would have lots of different variables to take into account. So it may be best to say that he was simply amongst the most powerful Sith along with Sidious and whoever else there may be. It you definitively say that one Sith was the most powerful then by definition any others that you create in the EU must be inferior so I doubt the continuity people make such absolutes about the powerfulness of the characters."-

quote:
Agreed, us continuity people don't deal in absolutes. Only Sith deal in absolutes. With that said, we'll often need to come up with stats or rankings for gameplay purposes. These are for gameplay purposes only. Stunt coordinato Nick Gillard had his own lightsaber ranking, but even the use of this ranking system is limited because it was only the major characters from the prequel films that he ranked. We never expanded on that ranking system.

- Leland Chee

I very much doubt that Chee had any hand in the Malak quote given his ethos regarding statements concerning power levels. And even if he did, he'd do with mind that it doesn't have to interpreted as an "absolute". To the contrary Kun is objectively much more powerful than Malak Star Forge or not. But i'd like Corey Herndon's analysis of why he thinks otherwise, and why his promotional blog to you must contain a factual comparison of the characters.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 05:15 AM
Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Imagine being Drew Karpyshyn. Imagine the feeling of depression and existential nihilism he experiences every time some nerd emails him with questions regarding a setting he was paid to write some stuff for over a decade ago and has almost certainly forgotten the majority of his thought process when writing it.

Imagine how few seconds he spends actually considering the question before throwing out whatever answer pops into his head first before he finishes taking a shit or eating his breakfast or any of the other myriad things that take precedence over talking about a universe that's been officially dead for almost 5 years.

Kill me.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:35 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Nah, author opinion really doesn't mean much of anything. Plus, Kun really isn't THAT impressive.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:48 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Why do you bother?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:55 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Imagine being Drew Karpyshyn. Imagine the feeling of depression and existential nihilism he experiences every time some nerd emails him with questions regarding a setting he was paid to write some stuff for over a decade ago and has almost certainly forgotten the majority of his thought process when writing it.

Imagine how few seconds he spends actually considering the question before throwing out whatever answer pops into his head first before he finishes taking a shit or eating his breakfast or any of the other myriad things that take precedence over talking about a universe that's been officially dead for almost 5 years.

Kill me.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:59 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by darthbane77
Nah, author opinion really doesn't mean much of anything. Plus, Kun really isn't THAT impressive.

He's clarifying the accuracy of statements made in KotOR.

Kun's incredibly impressive, he has a trove on insane feats and displays dominance over two eras full of powerhouses.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:14 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by SunRazer
Why do you bother?

Given that the Malak wank is becoming ever stronger and any attempts at logic are shoved aside to benefit Revan wank, I see no reason not to go to exactly the same lengths Ant did to start all of this.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:18 AM
S_W_LeGenD

I don't recall any character in KoTOR suggesting that Exar Kun was more powerful than either Darth Revan or Darth Malak.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 01:21 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Theres a merchant on the Yavin station that says it.

Anyway, this is no more pathetic than Ant and cos usual shenanigans so unsure why theres so much backlash unless its just pure dislike for AP.

The correct answer imo is to ignore both suggestions and place these characters based on their actual showings and accolades.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote