KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is Rey's midi-chlorian count higher than Anakin's?

Is Rey's midi-chlorian count higher than Anakin's?
Started by: Darth Abonis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Abonis

I know Anakin's is the highest ever recorded because he was the son of the Force, but the TLJ novelization said Rey is the manifestation of the Cosmic Force. Is it possible, her count is around 30,000 which is why she learnt the Force INCREDIBLY fast?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Darth Abonis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Abonis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes, absolutely.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In a recent issue of Insider, Rey was stated to be another 'Chosen One' of the cosmic force, much like Anakin was.

I'd assume her midichlorian count is *at least* equal to his, but in all likelihood even greater.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 29th, 2018 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 06:50 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Quote?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'll post it when I get home tomorrow. At work today.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 06:55 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Kk. FWI, I don't think "The Chosen One" and "chosen one" is the same thing, if that's the statement.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

I first saw the quote a few months back, and the context was essentially that Rey was selected by the cosmic force to become its new 'Chosen One'/champion, in the same vein as Anakin, in order to combat the overwhelming darkness that had emerged in the galaxy.

It was from an issue of Insider. I'll find the excerpt and post it here tomorrow.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 29th, 2018 at 07:09 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:07 PM
Rebel95

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

I first saw the quote a few months back, and the context was essentially that Rey was selected by the cosmic force to become its new 'Chosen One'/champion, in the same vein as Anakin, in order to combat the overwhelming darkness that had emerged in the galaxy.

It was from an issue of Insider. I'll find the excerpt and post it here tomorrow.

Cool, nice find. Now I wonder if Kylo's count would be the same.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Galan007
I'd assume her midichlorian count is *at least* equal to his, but in all likelihood even greater.

That is so cancerous I'm just going to strike it out of my head-canon.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:29 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I don't think it would be greater, probably equal

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nah. Anakin was outright conceived by the Force and doesn't have a father. For Rey, it just seems like the Force chose her to maintain the balance the Chosen One created.

I'd liken Rey more to the Daughter (and Kylo as the Son) than the Father (Anakin).

I don't think Star Wars Insider has the authority to make uber important calls on this anyway.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 07:46 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

i love the theory going around that Anakins creation wasn't the will of the Force and neither is his bloodline; they are an aberration much like Smith was for the Matrix and always destined to keep the Force out of balance hence Rey is actually the chosen one by the Force to eradicate the Skywlker bloodline from existence and bring true balance

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 09:27 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah. Anakin was outright conceived by the Force and doesn't have a father. For Rey, it just seems like the Force chose her to maintain the balance the Chosen One created.

I'd liken Rey more to the Daughter (and Kylo as the Son) than the Father (Anakin).

I don't think Star Wars Insider has the authority to make uber important calls on this anyway.

It's more like how Revan described the Hero, I'd say. Not an immaculate birth Force Jesus, but a person destined to save the galaxy.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
It's more like how Revan described the Hero, I'd say. Not an immaculate birth Force Jesus, but a person destined to save the galaxy.

Then clearly her midichlorian count isn't higher than one "conceived by the midichlorians."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 09:37 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This is the quote I was thinking of:
"Like the Chosen One before her, Rey remains unaware of her greater importance as an 'agent' of the cosmic force -- an agent with the ability to bring much-needed balance to the galaxy."

I originally thought that quote was made by Abrams or Johnson, but it turns out that it was written by Tricia Barr(who is the co-author of a few SW Encyclopedias/Guidebooks)... So it holds more weight than some random blogger at Insider, but likely not enough weight to make it irrefutable canon by itself.

But yeah, that's what I was talking about either way. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 29th, 2018 at 10:32 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Then clearly her midichlorian count isn't higher than one "conceived by the midichlorians."

well yeah duh

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:40 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

I don't think the sequels want to acknowledge the existence of midi-chlorians, considering the massive overreaction to them.

As far as being powerful goes, that's kind of a different topic all together. She's powerful because she is Kylo's equal in the light side, and thus must be as powerful as him (I don't get it either). She plays a similar role in the story of star wars, bringing balance to the force when it was unbalanced, but that doesn't say anything about her power.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Abonis

Yes, absolutely.

quote:

well yeah duh

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 11:04 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Nah.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 11:28 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

So what?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2018 12:33 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote