KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Charles Boyd on the ritual of Ziost

Charles Boyd on the ritual of Ziost
Started by: Selenial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Charles Boyd on the ritual of Ziost

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That honestly helps Skillz and co. a lot more than it hurts, lol.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 6th, 2018 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Embarrassing? What part of that implies the Emperor used a ritual to consume Ziost? The opposite seems to be implied based on what Charles quoted. In fact, what Charles quoted is what I’ve been saying all along: that the Emperor possessed people, killed people to grow in strength in order to possess and kill more people, until he reached a level where he could consume the planet.

Thanks, Sel. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 6th, 2018 10:48 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

What part implies he used a ritual to consume Ziost? Probably the part he quoted saying Vitiate required a ritual to consume spirits. That part

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The person Charles quoted differentiated Ziost from the galaxy ritual, regardless of what said person was responding to. The only part relevant to Ziost specifically was:

quote:
On Ziost his spirit controls beings and then uses to kill other beings then posses more, it's a cycle until I think it reaches a point where he's able to consume the planet.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 10:52 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

It was an all encompassing statement, and one Boyd validated. If he always needs to use a ritual for it, evidently he needed one on Ziost.

Edit: It’s also worth paying attention to the conversation train that the post you quote was a part of. That started saying Vitiate needed a ritual to consume the dead, but the death happened another way. The above poster was showing that this still fits the mold of Ziost erm

Last edited by Selenial on May 6th, 2018 at 10:57 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2018 10:55 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The statement was not all-encompassing, it literally couldn’t have been. The means by which he described the galaxy ritual, (lots of deaths in a short time + a certain amount of deaths in a long time) followed by a separate paragraph explaining how Ziost happened (a loop in which he possesses people, kills people, consumes their spirits, thus allowing him to possess and kill more people until he can consume the planet, etc) are markedly different.

Hell, as far as the actual source material is concerned, it wouldn’t make sense, because we know the Emperor was freely consuming spirits long before he devastated Ziost. In context, the latter two posts Boyd quoted referring to how Vitiate may have needed to use a ritual to consume the spirits of the dead is in order to rationalize Zildrog, (I.e. Pre-Nathema Vitiate).

Furthermore, there seems to be a bifurcation between ending all life on Ziost and consuming all life on Ziost, which I also suspected. Essentially, there’s two parts to the feat:

1. Vitiate sends out a cataclysmic death wave that kills all life on the entire planet.
2. Vitiate devours/consumes the life he killed, like he was doing throughout the whole Revanite War and Ziost.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 11:37 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I believe you're referring to a different post to me, the part I'm mentioning comes from the third post Boyd quotes as accurate. In reality though, the first post does actually say the same thing when you accurately place it into context. Read it as Boyd did:

quote:
A: 'It's no conflict. Vitiate used Zildrog to destroy Nathema, then fed on the death. [...] Just like how he was going to "devour" Belsavis during the Knight story, for example, but the trigger for that was a bomb.'

B: 'But then how do we explain Ziost?'

C: 'Now this is just conjecture based on my own interpretations, but based on the JK story the ritual to consume the life in the galaxy required 2 things. A certain amount of deaths over a certain time and a huge amount of death in a short time, probably creating a disturbance in the force which Vitiate can use to feed or something.

On Ziost his spirit controls beings and then uses to kill other beings then posses more, it's a cycle until I think it reaches a point where he's able to consume the planet.'

The poster isn't differentiating Ziost because it's not a ritual, he's explaining how the cycle of death applied to Ziost; aka why it didn't need a machine.

As for the 'death wave', I wouldn't necessarily argue against or for that, honestly there's nowhere near enough information to bother with either side. It's equally likely that the 'death wave' is a part of the ritual, one that requires a prerequisite amount of death to occur, or power to be accumulated.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:11 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Mad pathetic, ngl.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 01:34 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Thanks for more evidence of suggesting no Ritual was used with Ziost.
Much appreciate it sel.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

The damn material, quotes Valkorian is getting stronger and stronger, from their deaths, unless you want to call valkorion getting stronger, from every death a ritual.
Their is nothing that hints that it was one.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Since when does the authorial opinion matter? I thought it does not.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 7th, 2018 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

The 'embarassing' part apply to your comprehension in this particular case, Sel. I am surprised that you misread something so blatantly obvious.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on May 7th, 2018 at 07:31 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:28 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

What's the deal here? Are those guys working for Star Wars?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 7th, 2018 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote