KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why were the Royal guards deformed?

Why were the Royal guards deformed?
Started by: Sheev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sheev
The All-Sith

Why were the Royal guards deformed?

When they were shown in the Lando comics the RGs look deformed-
https://s7.postimg.cc/ui40d2bkr/image.jpg

Did Sidious mutate them with dark side energy or is the reason for their appearance unknown....?

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It was just those particular Royal Guards that were deformed. As Korin explained in Lando #4: being in close proximity to a swathe of Sith artifacts(which they were guarding) for a number of years likely corrupted their features:
https://i.imgur.com/LB8L7my.jpg

In canon, the Royal Guards were typically made up of standard-looking humans, and/or clones(albeit the Empire's best of the best):
quote:
The captain of the Royal Guard sat on the ground across from them. "You should remove your helmet, Captain," the Emperor said. "It must
wear on you to have it on all the time."

"Thank you, my Emperor," the captain said. He removed his helmet to reveal a mien familiar to Vader, the scarred face of a clone, the features an echo of so many faces from Vader's past. Rex. Cody. Fives. Echo. The roster of names moved through Vader's mind, each of them a trigger for a memory, each of them a ghost from his past.

"Is there an Imperial installation nearby, my lords?" the captain asked. Sergeant Deez removed his helmet, too, showing a face that wasn't that of a clone: a clean-shaven, ax-jawed human with short-cropped blond hair and tattoos of abstract patterns inked on his cheeks. If Deez had been a clone, Vader imagined they'd have called him Ink.

-Lords of the Sith

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:27 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Well shit. They didn't explain that on reddit lawl.

thx galan! cool

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Because...
the attempt on their lives has left them scarred, and deformed. But they assure you! Their resolve has never been stronger!

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote