KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Mind control in canon?

Mind control in canon?
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mendax
Hand of God

Mind control in canon?

Outside of the telepathic abilities Kylo Ren and Snoke used in the new movies, are there any other canon cases of true mind control in SW?

I'm not talking about Jedi mind tricks or being able to sense underlying secrets by reading the emotions and thoughts of your opponent(like when Vader sensing that Luke had a sister in ROTJ). I'm talking about legitimate mind control- completely taking over someone elses mind and making them totally subserviant..

Old Post May 24th, 2018 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ezra used it when he controlled the mind of that walker pilot to target his fellows at the beginning of S3.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 10:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Palpatine completely dominated the mind of a Twi'lek girl as well:
quote:
"Come here, girl," the Emperor said, putting the power of the Force into his command. Unable to resist, the girl walked out of the tree line until she stood, small and vulnerable, before him. With preternatural speed the Emperor drew, ignited, and slashed at the girl with his lightsaber, but Vader had sensed his Master's intent and moved with greater speed, igniting his own blade and intercepting his Master's blow before it could land. The girl, under the sway of the Emperor's power, seemed scarcely to notice the danger. She simply stood there, staring vacantly, her face aglow in the red light of the crossed blades.

"Forgive me, Master," Vader said, and deactivated his blade. "I think the girl can be of use to us."
"Do you?" the Emperor asked softly.

"There must be a village nearby," Vader said. "If they have a ship..."

His Master's scowl lingered for a moment before twisting into a half smile that didnt reach his eyes. "I agree. She can be of use to us."

The Emperor looked at his blade, at Vader, pursed his lips, and deactivated the weapon. To the girl he said, "Is your village nearby?" The Twi'lek, still under the influence of the Emperor's power and with an unblinking, faraway look in her eye, nodded. "It's not far. I will take you there."

-Lords of the Sith

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 25th, 2018 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Also establishes that Vader has "greater speed" then Sidious. big grin

Old Post May 25th, 2018 12:14 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

What Talzin did to Savage.

Those parasitic geonosian mind-control worms featured during TCW

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 25th, 2018 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
Also establishes that Vader has "greater speed" then Sidious. big grin
Not at all. It was stated at the end of the novel that Palpatine had been holding back the bulk of his power the entire time:
quote:
Vader knew that the day's events had been only half about depleting a rebel movement before it could grow. They had also, as Vader had suspected, been about testing him, forcing him to face the ghosts of his past and exorcise them forever and fully. He saw that more clearly now; saw, too, that his Master was right to administer the test. It also explained why his Master had shown so little of his true power throughout the day. Perhaps he'd wanted Vader to rely on himself to overcome the challenges they'd faced. Or perhaps he'd wanted to seem weaker than he was, to draw out any treacherous ambitions Vader may have held.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 25th, 2018 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Galan007
Palpatine completely dominated the mind of a Twi'lek girl as well:

Palpatine loves to rape Twi'leks.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 25th, 2018 05:19 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Palpatine loves to rape Twi'leks.
But he doesn't have a penis?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 25th, 2018 11:04 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Originally posted by Kurk

"Rape is about power, not sex!"

Unlimited power=unlimited rape. smile

Old Post May 25th, 2018 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Kurk

Azrongeric.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 26th, 2018 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote