KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jensaarai1's Post-Mortem

Jensaarai1's Post-Mortem
Started by: TheNuisanceBird

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Jensaarai1's Post-Mortem

In his recent versus videos, Connor has supplied his opinions on ranking the combatants he is using.

In this video, he goes over Exar Kun and Darth Maul but not before giving a basic overview on his own tier system within the first few minutes.

Feel free to share thoughts on the tier listings because listing Anakin as tier 3 with TPM Maul and Qui-Gon and Vader as tier 1 with Yoda and Sidious is lunacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP6wsDMI7x4

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 02:38 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Ugh that whole rubbish that Anakin is on tier 3 and is below Kenobi.
*Facepalm*

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 03:00 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

It depends what the "tiers" mean. If someone is tier 1, then that means that they have god-like mastery over the force, so Yoda and Sidious would both fit in, though Sidious has more knowledge of the force, and is just straight-up more powerful. I think this is specifically refering to their effectiveness in combat through the force and lightsabers skills/physical powers. So people of varying power, based on their application, can be in the same tier.

tier 2 is said to be the best that can be achieved by dedication and practice (I disagree, since Sidious' midi-chlorians count was much lower than those far inferior to him, but I digress), so that means that kenobi's skills in combat would be more refined that Anakin's, though Anakin is still more powerful, skilled, a better tactician, and so on.
Jen has admitted before that Anakin is the most powerful, but his idiocy costs him tier 2 level mastery. We know this to be true: Anakin found it difficult to meditate, couldn't let go of his connection, and often became passionate when jedi (or even normal people) would stay more or less calm. So him being incapable of utilizing the force with the same level of effectiveness as Kenobi, or Marek or other weaker force sensitives, makes perfect sense.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I particularly liked this one:

"Tier 1 - Complete Mastery. Examples of combatants in this level include Jedi Grand Masters Luke Skywalker and Yoda, and Sith Dark Lords Palpatine and Darth Bane. Effectively, god-level masters of the Force."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 04:32 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zentrex
It depends what the "tiers" mean. If someone is tier 1, then that means that they have god-like mastery over the force, so Yoda and Sidious would both fit in, though Sidious has more knowledge of the force, and is just straight-up more powerful. I think this is specifically refering to their effectiveness in combat through the force and lightsabers skills/physical powers. So people of varying power, based on their application, can be in the same tier.

tier 2 is said to be the best that can be achieved by dedication and practice (I disagree, since Sidious' midi-chlorians count was much lower than those far inferior to him, but I digress), so that means that kenobi's skills in combat would be more refined that Anakin's, though Anakin is still more powerful, skilled, a better tactician, and so on.
Jen has admitted before that Anakin is the most powerful, but his idiocy costs him tier 2 level mastery. We know this to be true: Anakin found it difficult to meditate, couldn't let go of his connection, and often became passionate when jedi (or even normal people) would stay more or less calm. So him being incapable of utilizing the force with the same level of effectiveness as Kenobi, or Marek or other weaker force sensitives, makes perfect sense.

Yoda and Sidious being "tier 1" makes sense. Grandmaster Luke definatley does.

Vader however, is factually not among them.

Anakin has been said by Gillard to be within the same dueling tier as Yoda. Ok sure his tactics aren't always on par with Kenobi's, but to deny his viable combat effectiveness that the Forcecast has is foolish.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:37 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by Azronger

"Tier 1 - Complete Mastery. Examples of combatants in this level include Jedi Grand Masters Luke Skywalker and Yoda, and Sith Dark Lords Palpatine and Darth Bane. Effectively, god-level masters of the Force."

And putting Plo Koon and Shaak Ti above Anakin and Maul.

Aayla Secura isn't that good but putting her on the same level as TPM Kenobi seemed off. TPM Kenobi is extremely skilled for his age but still.....

Dooku as 1.5 may not be that bad. Same with Windu. "High eight boarding on nine".

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 05:39 PM
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
And putting Plo Koon and Shaak Ti above Anakin and Maul.

Aayla Secura isn't that good but putting her on the same level as TPM Kenobi seemed off. TPM Kenobi is extremely skilled for his age but still.....

Dooku as 1.5 may not be that bad. Same with Windu. "High eight boarding on nine".

Unfortunately after Filoni's shitty depiction of Maul in Rebels, the forcecast will continue to lowball him more which is sad

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 06:01 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Unfortunately after Filoni's shitty depiction of Maul in Rebels, the forcecast will continue to lowball him more which is sad

They still haven't addressed his showings in SOD from my knowledge.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 08:33 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Yeah, I chuckled at that one. If I didn't know Jen, I would've thought he was deliberately trying to be funny.

Yoda and Sidious being "tier 1" makes sense. Grandmaster Luke definatley does.

Vader however, is factually not among them.

Anakin has been said by Gillard to be within the same dueling tier as Yoda. Ok sure his tactics aren't always on par with Kenobi's, but to deny his viable combat effectiveness that the Forcecast has is foolish.

Yet he still lost to Kenobi...

Most of these guys hate canon, so rebels maul will not make much of a difference, and the one guy that does care (Antoine) already made a video of Maul winning against Galen Marek, so I don't think that'll be the case.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Yet he still lost to Kenobi...

While he was hindered during a circumstantial fight.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 03:15 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

If you're referring to his emotional instability at the time, then you have to take into consideration that he loses control pretty frequently. Kenobi wasn't the only one who managed to bait him into a precarious situation. Ventress, Dooku, and pretty much every major character he's ever fought managed to disadvantage him.

And Kenobi hindered him enough to the point where he couldn't even win an all out "who can force push harder" match.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 02:09 PM
TheNuisanceBird

If you're referring to his emotional instability at the time, then you have to take into consideration that he loses control pretty frequently. Kenobi wasn't the only one who managed to bait him into a precarious situation. Ventress, Dooku, and pretty much every major character he's ever fought managed to disadvantage him.

And Kenobi hindered him enough to the point where he couldn't even win an all out "who can force push harder" match.

True. But it's had different results.

The ROTS novel also makes note of how Anakin hadn't eat or slept for several days.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 02:50 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

yeah... but I'll take that over where ****ing Reti and Evannova have him holy shit

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

True. But it's had different results.

The ROTS novel also makes note of how Anakin hadn't eat or slept for several days.

Right. And the no eating/sleeping is a good point. But I still struggle to put Anakin in the same tier of mastery as Kenobi.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 03:41 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by Emperordmb
yeah... but I'll take that over where ****ing Reti and Evannova have him holy shit

Honestly, Reti and Nova's placements are more accurate than this.

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 03:50 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Right. And the no eating/sleeping is a good point. But I still struggle to put Anakin in the same tier of mastery as Kenobi.

If your going to lowball Anakin by saying he struggled with Ventress and Dooku in The Clone Wars . Why don't you also point out the times when Kenobi got stomped by General Grievous, and was struggling against the likes of Asajj Ventress, Count Dooku (multiple times) and Darth Maul. Anakin as of ROTS is the 3rd or 2nd most powerful Jedi. Fact. His only low showing was on Mustafar where he was incredibly hindered. To simply put it, he is beyond Kenobi level in Revenge Of The Sith. It is his emotions that let him down, but as a duelist he is definitely top 3

Last edited by TheIndyJedi on Jun 8th, 2018 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 04:18 PM
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by Emperordmb

I don't understand, Jensaarai1 thinks Bane is on tier 1, yet on one of the recent forcecast videos, he agrees with Evan and Reti that Hoth is better than Bane.
Very inconsistent, unless he thinks Hoth is also on tier 1 lol.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 04:22 PM
TheNuisanceBird

I don't understand, Jensaarai1 thinks Bane is on tier 1, yet on one of the recent forcecast videos, he agrees with Evan and Reti that Hoth is better than Bane.

I watched those in the last 24 hours and am about to continue to do so.

They build Hoth up saying that he's had to face people of around equal skill and stuff.

GreyJedi91 debunks their argument in the follow up video which is fairly entertaining.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 07:14 PM
TheNuisanceBird

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmqairZOLEQ

GreyJedi91's destroying Reti and it's beautiful.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:11 PM
TheNuisanceBird

Speaking of, he actually had to question Sidious VS Hoth to GreyJedi91's surprise.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2018 08:37 PM