KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » did palpatine ever know of ilum

did palpatine ever know of ilum
Started by: victreebelvictr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

did palpatine ever know of ilum

did sidious ever encounter ilum or has he ever heard about it?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 05:43 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes. The Empire strip-mined most of the planet to gather kyber crystals for the Death Star:
quote:
If Ahsoka remembered what was buried in Ilum's crust, it was entirely possible that others did, too. She wasn't sure where those from the dark side got their crystals, but she knew they had to get them somewhere, and she wasn't about to take any risks just to cut some time from her travel schedule. When she emerged back into normal space and saw what was waiting for her, she was very glad she'd been cautious. There were at least two Star Destroyers and a massive mining ship in orbit around the planet. The Empire definitely knew there was something it wanted beneath the surface of the icy world.

The planet itself was much worse off than she'd feared. Before, it had looked like a giant white ball from orbit--uniform in color except the brighter spots where it reflected the light of its sun. It had been as striking from up high as it was on the ground, even though the great cliffs and deep crevasses that scored the planet's surface weren't visible from afar. Now it almost hurt her to look at it. Great chunks of the planet had been carved away, exposing rock and lava that boiled up from the planet's core.

-Ahsoka

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 14th, 2018 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Did he ever know it’s history?
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Yes. The Empire strip-mined most of the planet to gather kyber crystals for the Death Star:

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:03 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Most likely. Palpatine had full access to the Jedi archives, remember.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

sadly, my knowledge on the empire is incomparable to my knowledge of force sensitives. please tell me when he had this information.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 10:30 PM