KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » are y-wings shit

are y-wings shit
Started by: gold slorg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

are y-wings shit

imo y-wings suck as hell

> introduced in clone wars and their updates in the rebellion era kinda sucked
> outdated and inferior by the time of battle of yavin, worst starfighters in the alliance, outmatched by any empire vessel already
> after battle of yavin the empire started to actually care for the starfighters, before that, not so much
> insanely inferior to b-wings
> then k-wings turned out to be even better than b-wings

this shit was getting phased out of usage a decade before the vong war

lol @ ywings

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 02:45 AM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Yes, a Rebel Alliance which has to use what they can to get by is using outdated starfighters and technology...that's nothing new, nor why I'm seeing it as a negative. Also they were somewhat regulated to lesser roles as time went on, though the upgrades they did receive at them in specialized roles which they were well suited for. But they are clearly something given they are noted for being durable and their firepower, so they aren't that bad. Outdated? Yes, but that doesn't mean they still can't be useful.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 03:31 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

They performed a highly specific niche (disabling capital ships and hard targets) and they were adequate at fulfilling that role. Comparing them to more advanced ships created with the luxury of increased funding and resources is pointless.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2018 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

They would've made a better option than those bombers in TLJ. B-Wing are where it's at.

Lol Speaking off B-Wings I think I remember something about my friend David almost breaking my lego model of that when I was a kid. I always liked the rotating design.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 12:34 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
They would've made a better option than those bombers in TLJ. B-Wing are where it's at.
It's actually amazing how dogshit the bombers in TLJ are compared to the tech we saw in the previous films.

Rion Johnson deserves to get ****ed with a rusty knife. Him, and whoever thought it'd be a good idea to have someone who doesn't like (or at bare minimum, never gave a shit about) Star Wars as a setting direct a ****ing Star Wars movie.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Oct 20th, 2018 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 02:04 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

lmfao the tlj bombers are so retarded

even the clone wars y-wings stomp because they at least make sense

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 02:12 AM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I really like the interest you show for Star Wars ships,it’s an original topic that for once doesn’t focus on force users

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 11:10 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Would Y-Wings happen to be less costly than most?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 11:14 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

in the times of New Republic yes, they were basically trash you could buy for several credits kek

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 11:58 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Did they come in larger fleets than most?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 01:30 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

nah, because they were basically useless in actual military campaigns; most of them were scrapped, they were favored only by poor localized militaries of second grade planets and rebel groups

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 01:54 PM
akabart
Restricted

Account Restricted

No! They are just special!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 08:44 PM
Click here to Send akabart a Private Message Find more posts by akabart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

If the Y stands for Yorik-et, then yes.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Would Y-Wings happen to be less costly than most?
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Did they come in larger fleets than most?
In legends canon, Y-Wings were outdated technology by the time the Rebellion rolled around, so it stands to reason that they'd be pretty cheap to buy and maintain. On the other hand, their design made them finicky and required constant maintenance, so the overhead for keeping them in use probably wasn't too much lower then that of other fighters.

Y-Wings were described in at least two legends sources as being "the workhorse of the Rebellion", which implies that they saw heavy use during the war, and if you think about it logically the Y-Wing is actually better suited to the Rebellion's needs then the more prolific X-Wing. The X-Wing is a better air superiority fighter then a Y-Wing and is also more flexible in its loadout, but dogfighting is a luxury. The Rebels mainly performed hit and run strikes, as they couldn't beat the Empire in protracted engagements. To that end, having a flyer that can pop out of lightspeed, bomb the shit out of a target and then leave before defenders scrambled for a counter-attacks was incredibly valuable.

Here, enjoy this random high-quality gif from a movie we've all seen.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 10:00 PM
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Trocity
If the Y stands for Yorik-et, then yes.

kill self

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 10:10 PM
Flyattractor

Best thing about the Y is that it is one of the Very Few SW Ships that can shoot behind it self.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Originally posted by Tzeentch
It's actually amazing how dogshit the bombers in TLJ are compared to the tech we saw in the previous films.

Rion Johnson deserves to get ****ed with a rusty knife. Him, and whoever thought it'd be a good idea to have someone who doesn't like (or at bare minimum, never gave a shit about) Star Wars as a setting direct a ****ing Star Wars movie.

I joked with my friend earlier about him directing an episode of the Mandalorian and how terrible it'd be.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 01:09 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote