KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » How do you rate Momin?

How do you rate Momin?
Started by: Vitiate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

How do you rate Momin?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

At this point all we know about Momin is that liked creating stuff, and ultimately built an engine/weapon that could not only decimate entire cities, but actually freeze them forever in time just as everyone was dying.

Although Vader did resist the mask's attempt at possessing him, so there's that. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

In a scale from 1 to 10? At best around Plo Koon’s level, possibly a bit below

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

An average sith, but none the less one who went down in sith history

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 07:21 PM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
An average sith, but none the less one who went down in sith history
Well, he was known until most of the data on him was destroyed, or at least I think.

Kind of the same thing with Darth Andeddu.

Originally posted by Galan007
At this point all we know about Momin is that liked creating stuff, and ultimately built an engine/weapon that could not only decimate entire cities, but actually freeze them forever in time just as everyone was dying.

Although Vader did resist the mask's attempt at possessing him, so there's that. /shrug
Atrius’s lightsabers we’re capable of clouding Vader’s mind, while Momin couldn’t do it. He is more than likely weaker than Atrius.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 09:12 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If we're scaling based on the 'possession potency' of their respective relics, then yes, Atrius > Momin.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

To my guess, Momin would be as powerful as Plo Koon.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:15 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

If we're scaling based on the 'possession potency' of their respective relics, then yes, Atrius > Momin.
There is a chance that Atrius could have somehow made his blades more powerful.

Sith can amp their things, for example, Tulak places “Tulak’s Madness” in all within his temple.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:17 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Just something to chew on.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The mask seems to be Momin himself -- his very essence. Those who wear it become Momin's vessel. Vader resisted it fairly easily.

The lightsabers of Atrius resonated with his anger/rage -- corrupting those who wielded them. They clouded Vader's senses and sent him into heightened levels of berserker rage, just like everyone else who brandished them.

As far as relics go, the sabers are definitely more potent than the mask.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:33 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

It is unknown if he amped these lightsabers in any way, but the way I see it, the guy who uses those blades that corrupted Vader is more powerful than the guy who’s very essence couldn’t crack Vader.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:35 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Atrius' lightsabers resonated with the hate/rage he channeled through them when he killed his enemies:
https://i.imgur.com/Tq5gUkq.jpg

That's what caused those who wielded the sabers to become 'possessed' and enter a hyper-bloodlust-mode. We have no reason to suspect they were 'amped' beyond that, however.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:41 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Atrius' lightsabers resonated with the hate/rage he channeled through them when he killed his enemies. That's what caused those who wielded the sabers to become 'possessed' and enter a hyper-bloodlust-mode:
https://i.imgur.com/Tq5gUkq.jpg

We have no reason to suspect they were 'amped' beyond that, however.
So it was his anger that made the blades the way they were.

That settles it, Atrius>Momin!

Thanks for the link. smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:42 PM
ares834

Do the sabers merely put people into a blood-lust state?

If so, the mask is significantly more impressive IMO.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:44 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They overtake the wielder's senses and send them into a berserker/bloodlusted/murderous state.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:46 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

If Atrius’s anger was this powerful, I can’t imagine how powerful he must be in the force!

I think Atrius>Vader now!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:49 PM
Freedon Nadd

Momin. Ommin. C'mon, writers. You can do better.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote