KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Exar Kun: Chronological Respect Thread (Updated for 2019)

Exar Kun: Chronological Respect Thread (Updated for 2019)
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Exar Kun: Chronological Respect Thread (Updated for 2019)

I updated my Exar Kun RT with a lot of sources, new and old, to flesh things out even more. Including a feat that puts one of Vitiate's to shame.

Link: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...ad-2019/134756/

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 05:22 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

I notice the Malak aspects were conveniently removed.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 05:39 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

They aren't needed anymore. The sheer weight of Kun's placement in the NR era and his feats therein, completely eclipse one misinterpretable quote.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 05:42 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

Ok.

-Jacen Solo

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 05:44 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the-n-word
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 08:52 AM
Click here to Send the-n-word a Private Message Find more posts by the-n-word Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Great thread pal

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 06:14 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Want to CaV me Kun vs. Malak? You know, without that debunked quote as a crutch?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 06:28 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

I don't do CaVs, nor does it make sense to do one where we play make believe.
Not sure what that has to do with the A+ respect thread you made, but that was pretty random in any case. laughing out loud

Again, great thread AP. thumb up

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 06:43 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Exar Kun: Chronological Respect Thread (Updated for 2019)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
I updated my Exar Kun RT with a lot of sources, new and old, to flesh things out even more. Including a feat that puts one of Vitiate's to shame.

Link: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...ad-2019/134756/

Good effort, but I will contest this part:

"NOTE: The likes of Darth Nox, the Empire's Wrath, the third Barsen'thor and the Hero of Tython as of Shadow of Revan, were overwhelmed by the same amulet:"

Each of them have extraordinary accomplishments, and can be scaled in numerous ways.

[1] Hero of Tython emerged as the most powerful Jedi in ages, surpassing the likes of Nomi Sunrider and Barsen'thor III. He destroyed an avatar of Vitiate in the heart of Dromund Kaas, an environment where many faltered.

[2] Barsen'thor III successfully employed a suicidal technique to defeat Lord Vivicar. And the latter's powers surprised Nomi Sunrider who bear witness to exploits of Exar Kun.

For [1] and [2]: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t657842.html

[3] Darth Nox successfully employed [another] suicidal technique to defeat Darth Thanaton (one of the most powerful Sith in history), to earn a seat in the Dark Council. His follower Khem Val saw in him a worthy successor to legendary Tulak Hord. I do not think that I need to explain the hype of Tulak Hord, do I?

[4] Emperor's Wrath was directly compared to Exar Kun by his peers. And becoming one was even more challenging than the struggles for earning a seat in the Dark Council.

---

Sith amulets are 'sensitive' artifacts on average. However, a determined individual can capitalize on any. Individuals much weaker than the BIG FOUR have wielded these artifacts with success.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 07:11 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:00 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

1.So nothing.

2.Nomi Sunrider being surprised that some random ancient, who by the way falls entirely under Exar Kun's most powerful quote, could control Master Yuon Par is indicative of nothing.

3.Khem Val doubts his own claim of Hord tier potential in Jedi Under Siege. Nor would Nox actually being Hord tier put him on Kun level anyway.

4.A bunch of academy Sith who lived nearly 350 years after Kun's death are absolutely no authority on Kun's power.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 07:36 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Added two more rare quotes.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 08:49 AM
CactusJoe
Restricted

Account Restricted

good shit

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 09:47 AM
Click here to Send CactusJoe a Private Message Find more posts by CactusJoe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by AncientPower
1.So nothing.

2.Nomi Sunrider being surprised that some random ancient, who by the way falls entirely under Exar Kun's most powerful quote, could control Master Yuon Par is indicative of nothing.

3.Khem Val doubts his own claim of Hord tier potential in Jedi Under Siege. Nor would Nox actually being Hord tier put him on Kun level anyway.

4.A bunch of academy Sith who lived nearly 350 years after Kun's death are absolutely no authority on Kun's power.

1. You are speechless.

2. Deflection. The 'most powerful quote' is from "historians."

3. This: "Sith, you are more powerful than I had judged. Perhaps, a worthy successor to Tulak Hord." - Khem Val

4. Riiiight. As if our judgement of ancient civilizations and/or individuals, and their accomplishments, are all a sham.

My position is that you are short-selling SWTOR protagonists in your Exar Kun RT with a pointless/meaningless game mechanic. You take this game mechanic at face value but have a problem with Darth Malak's hype - a clear display of double standards in your judgement.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 10:09 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 09:57 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Literally everything you said is meaningless, stop clogging up the thread with your tripe.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 11:52 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The BS needs to stay out of this thread, please.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

The amulet stuff ruins the thread, tbh. Other than that it’s good.

The quote you posted right above the gifs states that if you don’t overcome an Amulet’s seductive song you’ll be forever lost to insanity, which the protags evidently weren’t. They also appeared to carry a portion of the amulet’s power with them, since for a time they could use it to summon an entity.

Not that I particularly care if Kun scales above them, just find it extremely flawed

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 01:27 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

^^^

thumb up

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 02:09 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

The protags still have the 'insanity' animation and get blown clean off of the cliff. Kun uses the amulet instantly, albeit the amount of power it's churning out is too much for him at the start. Given that Nox's entire Chapter 3 is about making herself strong enough to mentally and physically resist the power of binding five spirits.

Though I can see your argument, even at best it indicates a newly initiated Exar Kun is already more than equal to the SoR incarnation of the Outlander. Given there are several fairly massive power growths for Kun thereafter, the picture gets pretty clear.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 11:31 PM
DarthCaedus77

Solid RT.

-Jacen Solo

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2019 11:42 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Re: Re: Exar Kun: Chronological Respect Thread (Updated for 2019)

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
[2] Barsen'thor III successfully employed a suicidal technique to defeat Lord Vivicar. And the latter's powers surprised Nomi Sunrider who bear witness to exploits of Exar Kun.

This isn’t the tip of the iceberg, though: Nomi wasn’t just surprised by Vivicar’s powers, she literally didn’t know how a Jedi Master like Yuon Par could be mind controlled. The fact that Terrhak Morrhage is that powerful (highly likely to be stronger, if not far stronger than Nomi Sunrider), speaks rather highly for the protags and how they relate to TOTJ-era characters.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 01:09 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote