KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » "Let go, Luke"

"Let go, Luke"
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"Let go, Luke"

So just prior to Luke's death in the TLJ novelization, he hears a "familiar" voice that tells him to "let go"... And when he does, Luke peacefully sublimates into the Force, etc.:

(please log in to view the image)

Any thoughts on who might've been conversing with Luke there? Perhaps Yoda..? Maybe Obi-Wan..? Could it have even been Anakin..? Or was the voice just the hallucinations of an old man as he was dying..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 17th, 2019 at 01:15 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

.....Ok. Well most obvious it’s Obi-Wan since it’d be referencing ANH. Or a memory as it also says.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 01:15 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, Obi-Wan's voice would be the obvious... But why not just say "Ben" or "Obi-Wan" in that case? /shrug

Personally, I like the Anakin theory. thumb up

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 01:22 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Luke from the future, maybe?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Anakin was telling Jacen to go into oneness to fight the Cosmic Omnipotent God King Onimi, so it'd be a nice little nod to EU to have Anakin guiding his line.

"Kill Yourself Luke"

- The Chosen One

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 05:06 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Luke from the future, maybe?
This made me lol for some reason.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 06:01 PM
ares834

quote:
.....Ok. Well most obvious it’s Obi-Wan since it’d be referencing ANH. Or a memory as it also says.

Yep. It's a pretty obvious callback to ANH. It's undoubtedly Kenobi.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 06:17 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Could be nobody at all. As the text says it could just be his memory.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Anakin

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 10:03 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

It’s likely Ben Kenobi, but I’d rather it were Anakin

Old Post Mar 17th, 2019 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Re: "Let go, Luke"

Originally posted by Galan007
So just prior to Luke's death in the TLJ novelization, he hears a "familiar" voice that tells him to "let go"... And when he does, Luke peacefully sublimates into the Force, etc.:

(please log in to view the image)

Any thoughts on who might've been conversing with Luke there? Perhaps Yoda..? Maybe Obi-Wan..? Could it have even been Anakin..? Or was the voice just the hallucinations of an old man as he was dying..?

Who cares? Disney "star wars" sucks.

And did you actually waste money on that extra toilet paper book?

The Last Jedi novelization could also be used as:

A paper weight

A doorstop

A beer-coaster (my favorite)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 08:32 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

TBH, Disney ruined the character of Luke Skywalker. I was really excited for the Sequel Trilogy but...

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is the only contribution from Disney which I deeply appreciate.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 11:46 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 11:39 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Galan007
This made me lol for some reason.

Time Travel is massive plot device for stories nowadays.
It wouldn't be surprising at all if it was Luke from an alternate timeline trying to change some massive events via small butterfly effects.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2019 11:10 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

That's not going to happen. They threw away the character of Luke altogether to make way for Rey. They expressed their intent through Kylo Ren: "Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to."

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think they should go blazing canons with mysticism by resurrecting Luke but having him not engage Kylo on purpose.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 09:42 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

It should be Anakin.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Apr 7th, 2019 05:19 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I have played in my head several scenarios about Anakin surviving his fall from grace and going into a quest to redemption but it really goes against the growth of the character who literally went from "trying to solve everything himself" to "actually changing his mind"

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Bentley
I have played in my head several scenarios about Anakin surviving his fall from grace and going into a quest to redemption but it really goes against the growth of the character who literally went from "trying to solve everything himself" to "actually changing his mind"

True.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 12:01 PM