KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The next Trilogy begins December, 2022...

The next Trilogy begins December, 2022...
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The next Trilogy begins December, 2022...

From a recent Disney press release...
quote:
The updated calendar also sets release dates for major franchises Avatar and Star Wars. With Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker bringing the original Skywalker Saga to its conclusion, three new as-yet-untitled Star Wars films will release on the pre-Christmas weekend every other year beginning in 2022. Four forthcoming Avatar films, expanding the vibrant world of Pandora, will release on the pre-Christmas weekend every other year beginning in 2021.

-December 16, 2022 - Untitled Star Wars
-December 20, 2024 - Untitled Star Wars
-December 18, 2026 - Untitled Star Wars

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 7th, 2019 at 05:58 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2019 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Ah wonderful, I was getting quite tired of the other one. X3

Old Post May 7th, 2019 07:35 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Mah

Old Post May 7th, 2019 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 8th, 2019 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Please. Not Rian.

ANYONE but him... anyone.

Old Post May 8th, 2019 03:57 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Please. Not Rian.

I would agree. However, with how shit Game Thrones has gotten over the years, culminating in this dumpster fire final season, Dumb & Dumber probably wouldn't be an improvement.

Old Post May 8th, 2019 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
John Campea reporting the new Star Wars films will be the Benioff and Weiss trilogy.

Thats bound to be Old Republic stuff. So yeah, definitely looking forward to that if true. About time Disney gave us something new and some proper Jedi vs Sith action.

Old Post May 9th, 2019 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Please. Not Rian.

Campea also heard Rian Johnson trilogy aint happening.

Old Post May 9th, 2019 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Of course it's not. The fan base absolutely hated it. As time has gone, the movie's reception has become worse and worse. Even saying the reaction is mixed is putting it lightly.

Old Post May 9th, 2019 09:05 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I'm not sure about SW movies anymore...I dunno, maybe it's because we went so long without a movie(over a decade) that I feel like...SW doesn't need to have movies anymore.

It was fine with just 6 movies and the rest being books, comics, TV shows and games. ...If it ain't broke don't try and fix it right?

Old Post May 9th, 2019 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
Of course it's not. The fan base absolutely hated it. As time has gone, the movie's reception has become worse and worse. Even saying the reaction is mixed is putting it lightly.

I know, was kinda obvious. But Rian has also been denying that for the longest time.

What do you think of Benioff and Weiss doing the next Trilogy?

Old Post May 10th, 2019 01:27 AM
ares834

They're a fine choice I suppose. My enthusiasm for SW has been destroyed by TLJ, so currently I don't have any strong feelings one way or another. But at the very least, they will try to appeal to the fans.

Old Post May 11th, 2019 04:45 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Fair enough. Ive been put off since Force Awakens, then the combination of TFA and TLJ just convinced me this is simply a really bad Star Wars trilogy that wasnt needed at all.

That said, I really dug Rogue One, so would certainly give new directors doing spin off films a chance. I just think the Episodic films need to die now with Ep.9.

Old Post May 11th, 2019 11:23 AM
The Merchant

Nice

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post May 12th, 2019 02:20 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by ares834
They're a fine choice I suppose. My enthusiasm for SW has been destroyed by TLJ, so currently I don't have any strong feelings one way or another. But at the very least, they will try to appeal to the fans.

^ Fair enough. Ive been put off since Force Awakens, then the combination of TFA and TLJ just convinced me this is simply a really bad Star Wars trilogy that wasnt needed at all.

That said, I really dug Rogue One, so would certainly give new directors doing spin off films a chance. I just think the Episodic films need to die now with Ep.9.

Originally posted by The Merchant
Nice

X3

Old Post May 13th, 2019 05:00 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So yeah, it's confirmed that the next Star Wars film(s) following Ep.IX will be from Benioff and Weiss.

Old Post May 14th, 2019 06:29 PM
ares834

Not a good time to announce this.

Old Post May 14th, 2019 10:49 PM
Darth Thor

^ I think because Campea let the cat out the bag early, that probably pushed the official announcement forward.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 12:39 AM
Jmanghan

I don't want anymore fckin trilogies Disney.

LET IT END.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 15th, 2019 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

^ I think because Campea let the cat out the bag early, that probably pushed the official announcement forward.

Makes sense.

DnD aren't incompetent writers as a lot of fans seem to think. The first four seasons (which were also the best season) may have had them following the books' outline but it still take quite a bit of skill to adapt it as well as they did. Furthermore, many great scenes were originals that they came up. The decline in quality of these past few seasons seems to have as much to do with a lack of passion on their part as it does with a lack of material to adapt.

Old Post May 15th, 2019 06:02 AM