KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Rise of Kylo Ren (comic series)

The Rise of Kylo Ren (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Rise of Kylo Ren - comic series

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
Charles Soule: As just announced, I am writing THE RISE OF KYLO REN - a limited series comic launching in December, just before Episode IX.

You know the one story everyone's dying to see, about Kylo and the Knights of Ren? That's this.

You're not ready (hell, I barely am.)

Soule hasn't disappointed me yet, so I'll definitely check this out.

**The first issue is currently set for release on December 18th, 2019... Right before Ep.IX.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 24th, 2019 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Hope I’ll be able to see more about Luke’s Jedi Order before it got destroyed

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I think it'll probably just flesh out Kylo's rise to master of the Knights of Ren(before TFA), and perhaps his rise as Supreme Leader of the FO(between TLJ and RoS)... Hopefully it will give us a bit of backstory on the other Knights as well.

If we see anything about Kylo's time as a Jedi, it will likely just be in brief flashback sequences or w/e.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Btw, are the knights of Ren made up of the other Jedi who joined Kylo the night of the massacre? Or are they some other force users who Snoke recruited before Kylo’s change of side?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 02:26 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hasn't been revealed yet. Hopefully this series(or RoS) will address their origins.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 02:34 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

The Knights of Ren have to appear in episode IX, right?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They'll for sure be in it.

No clue how much of a role they'll actually play, though.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 07:46 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Will be reading

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 08:23 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
They'll for sure be in it.

No clue how much of a role they'll actually play, though.

Seems like Kylo lays the smackdown on em if the trailer is anything to go by.

Also I don't think they'll be Force Users. Or at best, they'll be latent Force Users, just based on their attire and weapons.

Speaking of even for SW, those weapons are stupid. Like one of them is a giant looking paddle thing? Another looks like a cog lolipop?

The blasters I guess look ok and I guess the staff(?) and pointy weapon.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 21st, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 10:36 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, it's weird. Everything I've seen so far makes it seem like the Knights of Ren(and their weaponry) were just sort of cobbled together -- they look pretty ragtag. Here's another recent example:
https://i.imgur.com/sRpJQIP.jpg

I guess I just expected them to be a little more... I dunno.... elite looking? It's a small gripe, though... I just want them to be badass.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 21st, 2019 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2019 11:15 PM
Zenwolf

Yeah, it's weird. Everything I've seen so far makes it seem like the Knights of Ren(and their weaponry) were just sort of cobbled together -- they look pretty ragtag. Here's another recent example:

I guess I just expected them to be a little more... I dunno.... elite looking? It's a small gripe, though... I just want them to be badass.

Oh a Scythe...alright.

I'm kinda seeing some problems, for one that weapon is really short. Unless the blade is able to extend out, then the Knight would have to get in dangerously close just to attack.

Which the clothing attire, it doesn't really strike me as protective.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

No, I certainly agree. It makes sense for them to have cobbled together equipment when they first started, but once Kylo Ren became a high ranked official within the FO he should have been able to get his groupies some better equipment. It's just another example of the lack of cohesive world building within the sequels. Sure, it looks cool but there should be more thought to it then merely that.

Anyway, I'm actually looking froward to this. It's the first time in a long while since I've looked forward to a SW comic. I've been interested in these guys ever since they first showed up in that TFA trailer and was pissed when they only appeared in a vision.

Last edited by ares834 on Jul 22nd, 2019 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2019 04:14 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Soule recently spoke about the comic on a Fan Expo Toronto panel, explaining the timeline and topic it'll cover.

"You know, Ben Solo is tragic," Soule said. "The potential of him from the day he was born, everyone around him saw or thought they saw what he could be. So he was put in all these different paths, and we've kind of seen how that's gone wrong in the films so far. This is a story about Ben Solo, understanding some of the choices he made."

From the betrayal, to the aftermath, to his training from Supreme Leader Snoke, Kylo's journey will be completely informed by his ending. That's because Soule got notes from the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker team about how things shake out for Ben--for better or worse.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2019 06:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

STAR WARS: THE RISE OF KYLO REN #1 (OF 4)
quote:
WITH BEN SOLO'S FALL... COMES KYLO REN'S RISE! Young Ben Solo is legendary Jedi Luke Skywalker's most promising pupil. As the son of Rebel Alliance heroes Leia Organa and Han Solo, as well as Luke's own nephew, Ben has the potential to be a great force for light in the galaxy. But the Skywalker legacy casts a long shadow, the currents of the dark side run deep, and Darth Vader's blood runs in Ben's veins. Voices call from both his past and his future, telling him who he must be. He will shatter, he will be reforged, his destiny will be revealed. Snoke awaits. The Knights of Ren await. Ben Solo's path to his true self begins here.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 04:41 PM
Zenwolf

He’s the most promising student, he’s one of. Jeez make up your mind writers, which is it?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 06:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud thumb up

...I'm just going to assume that Soule's series will take absolute precedence in all matters pertaining to Kylo.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 06:28 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

According to the cover/solicits for issue #2, Luke and Ben will actually be shown fighting the Knights of Ren in a flashback... Which is something I didn't expect to see:

quote:
-With the new Jedi school in ruins and fellow students hot on his trail for the murder of their master, Ben Solo flees to the only friend he has left in the galaxy...a man named Snoke. But Snoke has plans for Ben...and ideas about the Force that are as dangerous as they are intriguing for the troubled young Jedi.

-If Ben wishes to be truly free...the answers might lie with the dark side. And with the Knights of Ren!

-But it won't be the first time he's tangled with the Knights. In the past, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker journeys to the Unknown Regions and brings young Ben along for the mission. Can even Luke Skywalker stand against the fabled Knights of Ren?!

*I'm guessing the Knight who's holding the red lightsaber is their previous Master. Ben will ultimately kill him and become the new "Master of the Knights of Ren".

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 25th, 2019 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 06:20 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Wait wait wait wait..
So Luke and Ben fought against the Ren?
So not all Jedi died but they hunted down Luke? If so.. why did he hide??? Is he a retard????

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 07:19 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Hunted down Ben**

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 07:20 PM
ares834

Hmmm. You know something as incredibly important as this would have been nice to see in the films rather than regulate it to some obscure comic...

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 07:33 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote