KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Could Maul use force lighting? Did he ever use it in canon series ?

Could Maul use force lighting? Did he ever use it in canon series ?
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Could Maul use force lighting? Did he ever use it in canon series ?

What reckon of the above ?
I read briefly somewhere that Maul could use lightening but chose never to was that true ?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 02:23 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It's from the EP 1 video game, though given this is pretty much the only time it appears and never really brought up again, it's probably just something thrown in to make the game more challenging for the player. But even taking that, I doubt it was really powerful, so he probably felt it wasn't worth it.

I mean really any Dark Force User can use Lighting, it certainly isn't something unique or rare. But for Maul's case, it's probably just not worth it for him.

....Now if you're talking about the Current Canon. Then no, Maul has not shown the use of Force Lighting.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 2nd, 2020 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Canon Maul has never manifested any variation of FL.

No 'official' reason was ever given as to why. In my opinion he should have been able to use FL by Rebels if nothing else, but alas...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 03:05 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul can use Force Lightning, but doesn't because the story doesn't allow him to have the common sense to use it. The in universe explanation that we are given is that it's not his preferred method of fighting, but that he likes dominating opponents in close quarters. I guess another factor that stops Maul from using it is because he thinks unleashing Force Lightning expends an undesirable amount of his Force reserves.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 10:45 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
The in universe explanation that we are given is that it's not his preferred method of fighting, but that he likes dominating opponents in close quarters.
Is that just Legends, or canon also?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Is that just Legends, or canon also?

Legends

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 09:42 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He doesnt use Force Lightning because he never got to that stage of his training with Palpatine. Simple.

And I think the fact that he never shoots it is meant to represent this guy was always limited in his dark side mastery, and never reached his potential.

Yet was still one of the deadliest Sith in the history of the Order stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He never shot it, but he was pretty resistant to it in Legends.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 10:17 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He doesnt use Force Lightning because he never got to that stage of his training with Palpatine. Simple.
Pretty much. I recall reading somewhere a few years back that using Force Lightning is an advanced technique used by the Sith.

Dooku being a smart as he was he probably learned it himself.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 11:45 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Pretty much. I recall reading somewhere a few years back that using Force Lightning is an advanced technique used by the Sith.

Which is kinda debunked by even random Dark Jedi and Dark Adepts being able to use FL.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Which is kinda debunked by even random Dark Jedi and Dark Adepts being able to use FL.

In Legends yeah. In Legends theres no good reason for Maul not having the ability.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 09:22 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74

He was probably taught something by Palpatine.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 10:16 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Not sure about Legends, but canon Dooku was using FL behind the scenes when he was still a Jedi and Qui-Gon was just a Padawan.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 4th, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 12:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

And Rey can use it on accident.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Galan007
^ Not sure about Legends, but canon Dooku was using FL behind the scenes when he was still a Jedi and Qui-Gon was just a Padawan.

Is that in one of the Disney books?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 03:46 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

"Dooku - Lost Jedi," surely. The audiobook.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Maul can't use FL because he was meant to be an assassin, not a true Lord by any means

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 10:48 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Is that in one of the Disney books?
Master & Apprentice.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 10:57 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Master & Apprentice.

Dammit! And I was even about to say "Or it could be from Master and Apprentice, who knows." and deleted it because I was sure it'd be from the audiobook.
:/

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 11:01 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well thats interesting.

Doesnt seem like he was taught much by Palpatine then.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 12:56 PM