KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Favorite Obscure Characters?

Favorite Obscure Characters?
Started by: Zentrex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zentrex
Hi!

Favorite Obscure Characters?

Seeing Zenwolf's recent response to "What do you like about your favorite characters?" thread, I was inspired to ask you all who your favorite obscure character in Star Wars is. This would also be a good step away from the combat focus of most Star Wars forums which have drowned away any relatively weak characters.

I'm looking for memorable characters, those we think deserve more discussion or maybe even some more screentime. Randoms, old characters (like from the 70's and 80's), characters from Star Wars Tales, Adventure Journal, RPG's, video games, and even movie extras (almost all of them have names at this point, but some of them have really interesting stories. Hume Tarl, Bidlo Kwerve, Willrow Hood, for example) are encouraged!

If there's anything in particular you like about the characters or reasons you like them, I'd love a description.

Ooh, and while we're at it, put them in a situation and tell me how you think they'd react. Like putting Villie in the Death Star trash compactor.

Legends or Canon, of course. If we're looking for examples, I've got a list ready, 35 strong.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 10:12 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Mmm, well among the most obscure character I’d say Zayne Carrick: he isn’t special, just average, but he is able to pull through dire situations. I also liked Hazen, the main villain of the Zayne Carrick’s saga.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:44 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Probably Lord Momin, tbh. He seemed to have such an in-depth understanding of the dark side and its esoteric nature that no other Sith really did.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:55 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Off the top of my head, one of my favs for sure is Adalric Brandl from The Final Exit(Adv J 4), Uhl Eharl Khoehng(Adv J 8) and Emanations of Darkness. His character is written really well imo, going from an actor to an Imperial Inquisitor to Warlord over Trulalis.

Another is Gallandro, fastest gunfighter in the galaxy and he rocks a pretty sweet mustache heh.

Laurita Tohm is also another good character I like, despite his injuries, he became a highly recognized Imperial Naval Officer and even praised by The Emperor.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 22nd, 2020 at 09:20 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Mmm, well among the most obscure character I’d say Zayne Carrick: he isn’t special, just average, but he is able to pull through dire situations. I also liked Hazen, the main villain of the Zayne Carrick’s saga.

Oh, I've been meaning to read Knights of the Old Republic. I hope I'll get around to it this year. Wasn't Zayne the guy who had the force ability to be really lucky or something?

Originally posted by Galan007
Probably Lord Momin, tbh. He seemed to have such an in-depth understanding of the dark side and its esoteric nature that no other Sith really did.

For sure.

@Zenwolf: I knew you'd come up with a good list. And as a fellow fan of Gallandro's mustache, I salute you! Also, I never knew about this Uhl Eharl guy. Sounds interesting.

I personally have been thinking a lot about Vanee, Darth Vader's personal Egor from Rogue One.
It turns out that he's the only person allowed to see the things that Vader does around that caslte. He's a submissive sort of groundskeeper that's almost proud of the subservient life he lives despite the torture and humiliation from Vader. But Vader and Vanee are strangely comfortable around each other, unlike every other person that interacts with Vader. Vader trusts him with his secrets, and he is at times casual with Vader. He's so depraved, it fascinates me.
Wonder what would happen if you put him in the lower levels of Coruscant. He'd probably weasel his way into some sort of power, I think.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Zentrex
Oh, I've been meaning to read Knights of the Old Republic. I hope I'll get around to it this year. Wasn't Zayne the guy who had the force ability to be really lucky or something?

For sure.

@Zenwolf: I knew you'd come up with a good list. And as a fellow fan of Gallandro's mustache, I salute you! Also, I never knew about this Uhl Eharl guy. Sounds interesting.

Uhl Eharl Khoehng isn't a guy, or...well I guess technically it is, but it's also the name of the tragic play. Khoehng in Old Corellian meaning King and Eharl meaning Elf or Trickster from Socorran mythology. So Elf/Trickster King.

Oh and Janek Suber is another good one, AKA: Tank, the guy Luke mentions in passing in ANH.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Oh! I guess you meant that Adalric Brandl is from "Uhl Eharl Khoehng" (The short story, not the play, of course). Just looked it up, it actually sounds pretty cool. I have to get my hands on some adventure journals sometime!
I like Janek Sunber, too.

Here are some more I like:
Bultar Swan, who is an atypical jedi. She specializes in hand to hand combat. Esteemed for never having killed an opponent.
Warb Null, a scientist possessed by ancient sith armor which had a ritual cast onto it to make it sentient.
Ryley Ancum, a rebel who sneaked intelligence to other rebels through a code while playing music in an imperial cantina.
Throgg, a drunken alien who Luke sold his moisture farm to after Owen and Beru died. He got back on his feet and got his life back together before selling the farm off. He's not the most fleshed out character, but the story always makes me laugh.
Crimson Jack, basically evil Han Solo.
Don Wan Keehotay, old man during the Imperial era who thinks he's a jedi.
Villie, Italian stereotype of a Devaorian, who's smarter than he seems. It's hard to make him sound good, if you read his stories, they're really funny.
Siolo Ur Manka, old Jedi who spent something like 60 years meditating in peace. Kicked Darth Maul's @$$ in half a second.
Dannik Jerriko, the 1000 year old space vampire who's killed "millions of people" according to him. He's sophistocated, though.
Vici Ramunee, ancient jedi who thought the dark side was just like the light, except with cool powers. Discovered that she was wrong.
Tyber Zahn, king maker who went around basically forming the Space Illuminati, and got a lot of imperial (and rebel) politicians under his thumb.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2020 12:11 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Here's some Canon characters, in case it jogs anyone's memories:

Durm Bormo, an Abednedo member of the Church of the Force from Jakku, with abs of steel. (I know. It's awesome.)
Skrit, the technician on Lina Graf's ship. Scared of everything, but can be surprisingly resourceful when needed.
ZOE-3, the Maya Rudolph voiced droid navigator of the Windfall. She's basically Maya Rudolph. Also, somehow managed to get choked by Vader despite being a droid.
Thanoth, an old, impossibly sharp inspector who also trained Magna Tolvann.
Shelish, a rogue nightsister.
Deathstick, Shelish's daughter, who also runs the Kouhun, a secret order (once again, Space Illuminati), that held major influence in the Anoat system.
Taron Malicos, a jedi who came to Dathomir to learn the secrets of the Nightsisters, and basically went insane.
Mika Grey, an explorer of artifacts who, by the time of the Sequel trilogy, worked to find sith relics so she could hide them from the First Order.
Emeral Witch Bellan, a witch who could control plants. She was imprisoned by her evil sister and then killed by an artifact that said evil sister sent her way via Han Solo.
Lexo Sooger, a masseuse from Canto Bight who had a human adopted daughter and could use his toxins (like Xizor), to influence people. Again, it's a cool story, I'd recommend it.
Saponza, mercenary leader who stopped a zombie invasion created by Project Blackwing on the planet Dandoran. He's from "Commander" so he doesn't do much, but it's an idea.
Karr Nuq Sin, collector of force artifacts.
Cordova, a jedi interested more in archeaology than fighting. He found out lots of information on the Zeffo people, and their connections to the force.
Kuiil, the guy from The Mandalorian who died trying to protect The Child. Protective, grandfatherly, honorable, hard-working, and just all-out lovable.
Tera Sinube, the old Jedi from TCW, who apparently trained Dooku, Sifo-Dyas, knighted Cere Junda, and was basically a Yoda 2.0

It's sad we'll probably never see any of these again. If this was Legends, each of them would get at least one spin-off. But oh, well...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2020 08:51 AM