KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Shotguns against force users

Shotguns against force users
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Shotguns against force users

Now, I was just playing SW:Battlefront 2, mowing down all the Rebel scum with my E-11D rifle and my shotgun. This is when I had an epiphany... why the **** no one ever uses shotguns against force users??? Like the purge troopers should have it for sure, I don’t see how a Jedi or Sith can block a shotgun’s bullet unless they use they dodge or just freeze the blast mid-air. They would be overkill. I’ll send in an official request to Grand Moff Tarkin to start the mass production of shotguns for the special forces of our great Empire.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 09:33 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I always reasoned that Force-users could at least redirect the path of the projectiles enough to miss, depending on their capability with telekinesis. I remember finding it unlikely that Kyle Katarn could Force Push flechette in Jedi Outcast, but that's video game mechanics for you.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 12:28 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It’s not really effective or at least in previous Canon. But I mean you gotta get in close to have it be effective anyway. No one would wanna get in close to someone who could cut you in half.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 15th, 2020 at 02:33 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Some Jedi could swing their lightsaber so fast that it would create a blur effect for naked eyes, and these would be capable of nullifying shotgun shells with a lightsaber even at close proximity. Jedi also have Force powers to facilitate them in these matters.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 04:42 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

they'd be able to stop the pellets similar to Neo stopping bullets at the end of the Matrix, unless there's multiple shooters then they may be overwhelmed

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 11:03 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Katarn could block Golan Arms' FC-1 flechette launcher with his saber just fine in Legends.

Just saying.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2020 11:19 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Katarn could block Golan Arms' FC-1 flechette launcher with his saber just fine in Legends.

Just saying.

I recall Jaden being able to do that too, also your bog standard Dark Jedi/NJO Jedi could do it in the game as well.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Just saying.

Indeed, I forgot that the block function still applied there.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 07:42 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Shotguns were used to great effect against two jedi masters in Dark Rendezvous. The reason for why you don't see them be used against Jedi more often is because it would be boring to see Jedi get mowed down by grunts- Jedi are usually the heroes and Star Wars revolves around the drama of heroes. So instead everyone fights jedi in the least efficient way possible: standing 20 feet away, firing from the hip with semi-automatic rifles and making no effort to create distance between them and the force user.

Also, shotguns firing blaster bolts instead of bullets would get around the "Jedi just catch them with the force" tactic quite easily. Any sort of blaster volley-gun or shotgun would be a highly effective anti-Jedi tool.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 02:31 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote