KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Who really destroyed Luke's Jedi Temple?

Who really destroyed Luke's Jedi Temple?
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

Originally we were told it was Ben Solo, but in the Rise of Kylo Ren it doesn’t seem that way. Was it the Knights of Ren, Snoke/Palpatine, or did Ben cause the storm accidentally in his anger? Have we been given a definite answer on this?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 03:57 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Can a mod add a title to this thread, it was supposed to be “Who really destroyed Luke’s Jedi Temple?”. It’s not showing up for some reason.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 03:58 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I think it was Snoke/Sidious

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Apparently it's meant to be Kylo? At least according to Matt Martin.
https://twitter.com/missingwords/st...528928097853442
No clue how that's clear in the comic at all?

But then, the guy's an absolute idiot. I'd say it's far more likely that the comic intended it to be Palpatine or Snoke. And considering we've seen Sheev throwing lightning around in space before and the fact that the voice Kylo hears is, at least according to RoS, Sheev not Snoke; I'm inclined to favor Sheev.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:33 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

I guess Kylo created the storm by accident in his anger? That’s what wookiepedia says too, and it cites the TROS visual dictionary as a source I think

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:53 AM
Zenwolf

Never trust the Wookiee for anything unless you absolutely know the source is correct.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 01:14 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Yup, that’s why I was asking. It sounds like Matt Martin confirmed it though based off of what ares834 said, but when I first read the comic I thought it was either the KOR or Sidious.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 03:33 AM
ares834

I wouldn't take his word as gospel. He's been outright wrong before and often qualifies his stuff as his own opinion.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 04:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I'd say it was Palpatine.

But he did it in such a way as to make Kylo believe that he was responsible, which was the final 'push' he needed to embrace Snoke(who Palps was also puppeteering behind the scenes.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Do we know for certain all of Luke's student were either killed at the temple or by other means?

If they were all killed at some point it don't look good for Grogu.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 03:34 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Everyone who was present at Luke's temple was killed.

But that doesn't mean Grogu was there by default... At least three other students were off-world at the time, for example.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 20th, 2020 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote