KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The power of TROS Sidious??

The power of TROS Sidious??
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

The power of TROS Sidious??

My question is- did Sidious in TROS have the power of every Sith before him, or was the power he displayed just his own?

And if he did have the power of every Sith in history, when (and HOW) did he acquire that kind of might?? confused

Last edited by Eli Vanto on Dec 25th, 2020 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2020 06:50 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Tros novel says when he drained Kylo and Rey he used the power of all the Sith.

We dunni how he got such power, my guess sonething to do with Exegol. I get the feeling Exegol was gonna be sometbing far more grand than what we got but TLJ wanted things to be more grounded.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2020 06:04 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, the implication in the novel is that Palpatine was a vessel for all the Sith before him:
quote:
Kill me and my spirit will pass into you. As all the Sith live in me. You will be Empress. We will be one.
quote:
He raised his perfect, healed hands, and called on all the dark power of the Force and the Sith who had come before him, and pulled their life from their very bodies.
quote:
A scavenger girl is no match for the power in me. I am all the Sith!

SW.com confirms the same:
https://i.imgur.com/Vnq8fM4.jpg
"Though Sidious was a vessel of all the Sith's power..."

...As for the "when and how": it's fully unknown at this point.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 26th, 2020 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

I wonder if when a Sith apprentice kills the master, they basically absorb their essence (like a highlander style quickening)?

So master A is killed by apprentice B. Apprentice B inherits the power of A. When apprentice C kills B, they inherit the power of A+B..... And so on and so forth up.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2020 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

That seems to be the implication.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2020 07:59 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Nothing supports that ideea so far.(and would be a trash cocept tbh).

Last edited by Darthadi on Dec 26th, 2020 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2020 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
I wonder if when a Sith apprentice kills the master, they basically absorb their essence (like a highlander style quickening)?

So master A is killed by apprentice B. Apprentice B inherits the power of A. When apprentice C kills B, they inherit the power of A+B..... And so on and so forth up.

It would become almost impossible for an apprentice to kill their master after a few generations of that.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2020 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sheev

Wouldn't this imply that Sith apprentices aren't just above their own master, but above every master in history? Yeah, I really doubt that's the case.

If indeed Palpatine was a vessel for every Sith that has ever existed, it's more likely that he gained said power through some sort of advanced/esoteric ritual, imo.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2020 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

That would be so retarded.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2020 10:35 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Scizard
That would be so retarded.
This is the ST.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2020 12:47 AM
Freedon Nadd

I take it as a dark side amplification

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 11:17 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Why absorbing power from a ritual would be retarded? It’s something we’ve seen in other medias too. If Palp got this strong by just killing his master, that would be retarded

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I completely disagree. The idea that the Banite Sith cultivated mystical power over generations and passed it on from master to apprentice upon death is freakin sweet. It's way cooler then just some random ritual. It also would help justify the Rule of Two even more as having many Sith around could dilute this power (which is also a nice call back to the EU Jedi vs Sith comic about Bane).

As for how the apprentice could kill the master, that's simple. They do so through trickery and deceit. Palaptine killed Plageuis in his sleep after all. The only real issue I see, and admittedly it's a doozy, is how could Yoda and Mace contend with such a being?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 06:17 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by ares834
I completely disagree. The idea that the Banite Sith cultivated mystical power over generations and passed it on from master to apprentice upon death is freakin sweet. It's way cooler then just some random ritual. It also would help justify the Rule of Two even more as having many Sith around could dilute this power (which is also a nice call back to the EU Jedi vs Sith comic about Bane).

As for how the apprentice could kill the master, that's simple. They do so through trickery and deceit. Palaptine killed Plageuis in his sleep after all. The only real issue I see, and admittedly it's a doozy, is how could Yoda and Mace contend with such a being?

So obsessed with Rule of Two as the standard definition and philosophy of what a sith lord and order should be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The only real issue I see, and admittedly it's a doozy, is how could Yoda and Mace contend with such a being?

Yeah but this would be a huge contradiction to that idea. Hence it cant possibly be the case.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 01:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
So obsessed with Rule of Two as the standard definition and philosophy of what a sith lord and order should be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No clue how you got that from my post... but whatever.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 05:19 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The only real issue I see, and admittedly it's a doozy, is how could Yoda and Mace contend with such a being?
Yeah. If Palpatine was packing the power of every Sith in history as of RotS, that makes the Sith of old seem laughably weak -- as it would imply that Mace/Yoda all by their lonesomes were not just on par with Palpatine, but on par with every Sith, ever. Doesn't sit well with me.

Or it could be possible that the essence of the master did cyclically pass into the apprentice upon their death... but perhaps the apprentices(or masters, for that matter) had no idea that the transfers were taking place, and said spirits essentially laid dormant within them over the years. Palpatine would then discover this fact at some point after RotS(when he really dove into advancing his knowledge/power) and proceed to awaken the spirits within himself via some kind of ritual..?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 05:40 PM
xPRIMEx

Yeah it’d have to be a power that he acquired after RoTS or ROTJ

Old Post Dec 29th, 2020 07:11 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
This is the ST.

laughing out loud

Yes.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that absorbing the Force Dyad was somehow responsible for not just restoring him, but also giving him the access to the power of all Sith.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 11:50 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

He had the power of all the sith:
“Kill me and my spirit will transfer into you. As all the sith live in me.”

Old Post Jan 4th, 2021 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote