KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Who actually uses the force in battle?

Who actually uses the force in battle?
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Who actually uses the force in battle?

I've noticed that in canon (and even Legends) a lot of force users tend to forget that they can use actual force powers beyond just wielding a saber.

So my question is- what Jedi and Sith actually use offense based force abilities the most in battle against their opponents?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2021 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

It takes a bit of time to call on the force mid lightsaber duel, so force users don't call upon it if their opponent (s) is/are too close.

Now, in general, there are many displays of the force in battle. I don't see why you think there isn't. erm

Old Post Jan 10th, 2021 11:45 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Are you asking who uses offensive Force abilities the MOST in battle?

In canon the Sith would probably be Vader or Dooku.

As for Jedi, I'm not sure... Though I might be inclined to go with RotJ-era(+) Luke at this point. Pretty sure the guy has abused TK in every canon appearance so far.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2021 07:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Against other force sensitives in many cases they don't use the force because they can't.
Against non force sensitives it's either PIS or because morals.

Last edited by Darthadi on Jan 11th, 2021 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2021 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthadi
Against other force sensitives in many cases they don't use the force because they can't.
Against non force sensitives it's either PIS or because morals.

Basically this.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2021 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

lightsaber duelists are CONSTANTLY displaying Force usage in battle

Maul
Dooku
Vader
Sidious
Obi Wan
Yoda
Ashoka
Assajj

all off the top of my head have used some variant of Force push, choke, object throw etc during battle at some point

Old Post Jan 12th, 2021 12:31 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It's mostly just laziness on the part of the writers. Even when Force users do use it while in combat they use it really weird way, which is to say that it's like this big dramatic event where they essentially stop lightsaber fighting to throw big objects at each other or shoot lightning.

In reality a lightsaber duel would involve both combatants being surrounded by a whirlwind of shit- essentially anything that's not tied down to the floor- dirt/sand, kitchen knives, broken glass, TV remotes etc- would be hurtling through the air at bullet velocities as each person tries to get an edge over the other. And this would be happening WHILE they were sword fighting.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2021 05:31 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote