KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is it true that Dooku could have beaten Sidious in a light saber duel (see details)

Is it true that Dooku could have beaten Sidious in a light saber duel (see details)
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

ozz81 is online now!

Is it true that Dooku could have beaten Sidious in a light saber duel (see details)

https://youtu.be/JhTk4_noR6w

In the fan based video above what do you reckon was that canonically stated as well? Also it doesnt make sense as Vos and Aniken defeated dooku etc..

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 06:06 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

No, it's not true.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2021 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Pre TPM Sidious vs Dooku in sabers only? Impossible to tell, perhaps.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2021 05:46 AM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TravisMFoster

Thanks for your answer.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2022 01:08 PM
Click here to Send TravisMFoster a Private Message Find more posts by TravisMFoster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Sidious owns Dooku… otherwise Dooku wouldve CHALLENGED HIM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2022 10:52 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juyomaster34

Sidious feared Dooku's lightsaber skill.
After all Dooku was THEE master of Makashi.
His skill in Makashi is second to none.
Dooku's mastery in the Force is questionable compared to Sidious.
Dooku never challenged him.
Maul wasn't a true Sith and neither was Dooku.
Both were only place holders and pieces on a dejarreck board.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2022 08:40 PM
Click here to Send juyomaster34 a Private Message Find more posts by juyomaster34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I remember reading one of those canon Fact Files and in there is stated Dooku was becoming more powerful and that Sidious had to keep a close eye on him.

Or something like this. Anyone know exactly?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2022 12:45 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This?
https://i.imgur.com/lNdHJPw.jpg
-Fact Files v3 #78.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 17th, 2022 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2022 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
This?
https://i.imgur.com/lNdHJPw.jpg
-Fact Files v3 #78.
Yes that's it.

I hope we get to see more Dooku centric stories at some point. I'm almost certain there was some truth to that conversation between Dooku and Kenobi on Geonosis when he told them Sidious was Palpatine.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2022 07:15 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Or perhaps that conversation was just Dooku playing mind-games with Kenobi, in order to try and sway him towards the dark side?

Because the novels Jedi Lost and Master & Apprentice both make it pretty clear that Dooku had grown so disillusioned with the Jedi, that he borderline hated what the Order had become(he saw them as mere puppets who, right or wrong, simply enforced the will of the Republic/Senate.) That's why he renounced the Order, started lusting after a means of furthering his power, and teamed-up with Palpatine in the first place... And per the same novels, we also know that Dooku had been secretly studying(and even using) the dark side decades before he even left the Order.

So yeah, I'm not exactly convinced that Dooku was ever truly "on the fence" about any of his actions. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 17th, 2022 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2022 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

He likely did want Kenobi to join him to destroy Sidious together. Much like what Maul offered to Ahsoka. Its what lesser Sith do. Try to overthrow the top dog.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2022 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Dooku is an excellent duelist. It’s not unreasonable to say that he might be able to defeat Sidious in a strictly saber duel. I’d still favor Sidious though. Especially in an all out fight.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2022 02:05 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Dooku is an excellent duelist. It’s not unreasonable to say that he might be able to defeat Sidious in a strictly saber duel. I’d still favor Sidious though. Especially in an all out fight.

Doubt it. Both Vos and Skywalker have beaten him in Sabers.

Sidious is more powerful than both and not lacking in skill.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2022 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He likely did want Kenobi to join him to destroy Sidious together. Much like what Maul offered to Ahsoka. Its what lesser Sith do. Try to overthrow the top dog.

Vader and Luke, too.

And so on, and so on.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2022 05:38 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
I agree.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2022 01:17 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Galan007
Or perhaps that conversation was just Dooku playing mind-games with Kenobi, in order to try and sway him towards the dark side?

Because the novels Jedi Lost and Master & Apprentice both make it pretty clear that Dooku had grown so disillusioned with the Jedi, that he borderline hated what the Order had become(he saw them as mere puppets who, right or wrong, simply enforced the will of the Republic/Senate.) That's why he renounced the Order, started lusting after a means of furthering his power, and teamed-up with Palpatine in the first place... And per the same novels, we also know that Dooku had been secretly studying(and even using) the dark side decades before he even left the Order.

So yeah, I'm not exactly convinced that Dooku was ever truly "on the fence" about any of his actions. /shrug
I think a big part of it was Qui-Gon's death which affected him pretty bad?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2022 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Think in new canon he was already apprenticed to Sidious by then.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2022 11:08 AM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Think in new canon he was already apprenticed to Sidious by then.
Yep. Dooku was already a Sith Lord (with a Sith name) well before Qui-Gon's death.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2022 10:37 AM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Wasn't that sort of thing implied in the old canon as well?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2022 03:22 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

I don't think it was directly stated in legends, but it might have been low key implied in the Darth Plagueis novel. Can't remember.

It has obviously been confirmed in canon though.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2022 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote