KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » John Ritter died

John Ritter died
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Shocked John Ritter died

Another great has passed away too soon. The Associated Press reports that John Ritter, whose portrayal of the bumbling but lovable Jack Tripper helped make the madcap comedy series Three's Company a smash hit in the 1970s, has died of a heart problem, his publicist said Friday. He was only 54.

Ritter fell ill Thursday on the set of his ABC sitcom "8 Simple Rules ... For Dating My Teenage Daughter," said Susan Wilcox, his assistant of 22 years.

The cause of death was a dissection of the aorta, the result of an unrecognized flaw in his heart, said his publicist, Lisa Kasteler.

Ritter died at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday.

Ritter, a Southern California native who lived in Beverly Hills, came to prominence for his role in "Three's Company" and had appeared in more than 25 television movies and a number of films.

Ritter was to have turned 55 next Wednesday and his youngest daughter turned 5 the day of his death. The future of 8 Simple Rules is still undecided since 3 episodes of the second season have already been shot.

Attachment: john ritter.jpg
This has been downloaded 82 time(s).

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 10:48 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

He's not a "Problem Child" anymore sad

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 10:49 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Sucks doesn't it Diego ? 8 Simple Rules was hilarious and I know he is most well known for "Three's Company" but I have never seen an episode of that.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 10:52 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

I wonder what they are going to do with his demise on the show? they were well into filming the next season...

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 10:53 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

I think it would be better if they cancelled it because I would hate to see a substitute, and I don't think it would be as cool if they say that Paul died because the funniest thing from that show was watching Kerry and Bridget arguing with Paul.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 10:57 PM
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

yea, it sux. it wasn't a really good two days for celebrites named john or something like it, was it??

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 11:16 PM
GroundedAgain is currently offline Find more posts by GroundedAgain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Yeah Johnny Cash.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 11:18 PM
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

Awww he was on Buffy, he played a psycho robot who killed all his wives sad Its so sad that he died sad

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 12:31 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Hey Linds, you kinda look like his character's daughter on 8 Simple Rules.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 12:33 AM
KidRock

*moment of silence*......... and on with life...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 02:53 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

meanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 02:56 AM
GroundedAgain is currently offline Find more posts by GroundedAgain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

hey man thats the truth

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 02:59 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

not man-girl, i'm a girl,yup, that's what i am

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 03:02 AM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

I heard about that a few other places, too. seems like it's big news.

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 04:44 AM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

to bad i really really liked that show i cant belive that he just died i was like what r u serious i mean he looked so halthy and stuff so wow i cant belive that shit but i hope they just cancell the show cause it will be horrible with out him

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:05 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

I feel the same way D.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:19 AM
DeNiro

u know who the best was on the show was rory i liked that kid alot he was funny as hell but john was just a plain out great guy cant belvie he is gone wow

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:47 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

I liked it whenever his daughters had some conflict with him.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:48 AM
DeNiro

i think the best line like ever was when the red head was wating for a guy jason to call and rory was like oo kerry u know that guy jason that u have been waiting for him to call u and she is like yea yea and he goes yeah he didnt call lol

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 05:52 AM
princess
holla

i loved john ritter i cried for hours when he died

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 02:47 AM
princess is currently offline Click here to Send princess a Private Message Find more posts by princess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote